Is it possible to make a gas chamber?

PZ-NOOB

Like Ratlord said, that gas that comes from the Generator is a residue, like CO2 or CO1, not sure which one, the only thing that would explode would be the propane tank, shoting a normal propane tank is not going to explode as you think it will, it will make a good explosion and burn a good amount of zombies while also making a big flame were the bullet hit, but is not going to be enough to destroy the horde that soon after will come for your ass.

I still imagine it would be like WWZ where using bombs against zombies is not going to deal a whole lot of damage.

:cry: i won't be able to take my Apachii for a little spin over West Point  :cry:

mia4ryki2h3iqruqx4hi.jpg

Edit: found a pict related to portable generator explosion in a house

545d1baf1b98a.jpg

that should cram a few zombies I think

house + noise + generator + many RC pipe bombs hidden throughout = happiness (:<

If I could place a generator at the top of the office block in WP and strategically place remote pipe bombs around the base...

we are going to have zombie steaks. mmmmmmm, the smoke will rise and make the meat extra Smokey... and crispy...

The generators hurt us when inside, could they hurt zombies inside? Before you all start screaming WTF imagine getting a horde into a building turning on a generator and killing them all in one shot? Or maybe in MP, some guy is annoying you, you can draw him into a barricaded house lock him in and turn on the generator what an amazingly easy way to kill people!

devious! I love it!

I don't think zombies give 2 fucks about gas at all, they are walking corpses, maybe for NPC suvivors it would be a great idea to wait till they are asleep, put a generator inside their safehouse and start it.

TECHnically cells need oxygen to produce energy to move, even if their cells absorb it directly, things like cyanide will work in a gas form.

I don't think zombies give 2 fucks about gas at all, they are walking corpses, maybe for NPC suvivors it would be a great idea to wait till they are asleep, put a generator inside their safehouse and start it.

TECHnically cells need oxygen to produce energy to move, even if their cells absorb it directly, things like cyanide will work in a gas form.
Magic.

Technically zombies could be because of voodoo doctors, demons, or a wizard.

You don't get to play the "technically" card with zombies.

Technically zombies could be because of voodoo doctors, demons, or a wizard.

You don't get to play the "technically" card with zombies.

Magical zombies are no fun then.

And pz is not very magical other than the fact that its on a planet where knox county exists, then the whole rest of the world is a highways to further out in infinite forests.

I'm sorry, Leet, but I really don't get why this matters that much.

Romero/Brooks zombies don't breathe and don't appear to have any real-world mode of propulsion. They just are.

Gasing them, drowning them, exploding them, and doing things that typically work on humans isn't going to affect them in the same way, or at all.

Shame you don't find that fun.

I'm sorry, Leet, but I really don't get why this matters that much.

Romero/Brooks zombies don't breathe and don't appear to have any real-world mode of propulsion. They just are.

Gasing them, drowning them, exploding them, and doing things that typically work on humans isn't going to affect them in the same way, or at all.

Shame you don't find that fun.

Blowing zombies up kills them if you have good enough aim, or a big enough bomb.

I hope the devs add in large ordinances

like stockpile firecrackers and make sticks of dynamite, adding a pyrotechnician profession. 

make bombs with nails and broken glass in them to shred anything nearby, and be able if you can amass materials, to make bombs capable of bringing down entire culdesacs of houses and hundreds of zeds. however the chance of underestimating or overestimating the power of the bomb could easily kill you.

special force ops are trained how to make IEDs out of cleaning materials like clorox :P 

Make that a profession someday :P

I'm sorry, but according to Brooks lore, explosives are largely ineffective.

Which makes sense, what kills & injures people when there's an explosions are debris flying all over the place, leading to massive bleeding and critical injuries. If zombies aren't close enough to have their heads blown off, they'll most likely just lose some parts, have some stuff sticking out of their bodies, or just get stuck under debris.

According to brooks lore zombies don't punch you, which they do in this game when you don't get bit or scratched but take damage.

Also bodyshots should make crawlers, because if you damage the spinal nerve the undead brain cannot command the legs to walk :P

Same reason a decapitated zombie body does not carry it's head around in it's arms

And imma make a living infected mod.

I will take the damage scripts of npcs and add it to zombies. so bullets and bombs regain effectiveness. 

But i will make them sprinters with insane numbers to make it hard again.

Which makes sense, what kills & injures people when there's an explosions are debris flying all over the place, leading to massive bleeding and critical injuries. If zombies aren't close enough to have their heads blown off, they'll most likely just lose some parts, have some stuff sticking out of their bodies, or just get stuck under debris.

So you're saying the concussive force of a bomb does no damage to a person? A thermobaric bomb does wonders against cities, and it uses no shrapnel.

Many bombs are just used to exert massive pressure on the nearby people making their bodies pop with the pressure.

According to brooks lore zombies don't punch you, which they do in this game when you don't get bit or scratched but take damage.

Also bodyshots should make crawlers, because if you damage the spinal nerve the undead brain cannot command the legs to walk :P

Same reason a decapitated zombie body does not carry it's head around in it's arms

I will take the damage scripts of npcs and add it to zombies. so bullets and bombs regain effectiveness. 

Your whole argument is based on the use of one word in a programming context? Good for you, I guess.

Good luck with the mod.

Your whole argument is based on the use of one word in a programming context? Good for you, I guess.

Good luck with the mod.

Thanks but ive got alot of research to do. and waiting... Hopefully an early test of npcs becomes available soon.

So you're saying the concussive force of a bomb does no damage to a person? A thermobaric bomb does wonders against cities, and it uses no shrapnel.

Many bombs are just used to exert massive pressure on the nearby people making their bodies pop with the pressure.

The concussive force of a blast kills primarily by bleeding, particularly in the lungs.

What do zombies not need again?

Yeah . . .

"When zombies first began to trickle down the freeway, the opening salvos were fired - two MLRS rocket barrages which destroyed a significant percentage of the first wave but ultimately made few kills zombies with limbs and torsos blown off could still advance so long as they had an intact brain and some means to drag themselves forward. As the undead became more tightly packed, the MLRS lost effectiveness, with the thick swarms of zombies reducing the possibility of a head wound significantly. The second barrage came from M109 Paladin artillery stationed on a hill to the rear of the infantry. They fired fragmentation shells which had even less of an effect than the MLRS barrages. The artillery strikes depended on the "balloon effect," which by proximity to an explosion would cause the liquid in the victim's body to burst. This did not occur, however, because of the zombie's coagulated blood. Therefore, SNT (Sudden Nerve Trauma), which "just shuts down vital organs like God flickin' a light switch," did not happen either."

That is from World War Z, zombies are motherfucking magic man.

In fact i would love that the lore of PZ had some winks at Voodoo or some demon thing on  TV, like Dawn of the dead (remake) where a doctor is saying that the infection is because of the hygiene of people mouths, and something about stress and the infections are just riots, i would love to be hiding out in my base watching TV and then getting some theory of "Sum motherfucker is using Voodoo and now we are getting infections and shieets"

The zombies you are thinking about are most likely 28 days later kind of infected, where a bomb could do wonders against those.

But what made Romero and Brook lore zombies scary is that they are very persistent, they never get tired, they never stop coming if you shot them in the body, if you hack their arms or legs they will try to still eat you somehow, bomb them and you are going to end up with crawlers or just a zombie with no limbs.

Watch the movie The Dead from 2010, is most likely the last movie with real Romero zombies (Night of the living dead tier), you can get a very good feeling of how they work. 

"When zombies first began to trickle down the freeway, the opening salvos were fired - two MLRS rocket barrages which destroyed a significant percentage of the first wave but ultimately made few kills zombies with limbs and torsos blown off could still advance so long as they had an intact brain and some means to drag themselves forward. As the undead became more tightly packed, the MLRS lost effectiveness, with the thick swarms of zombies reducing the possibility of a head wound significantly. The second barrage came from M109 Paladin artillery stationed on a hill to the rear of the infantry. They fired fragmentation shells which had even less of an effect than the MLRS barrages. The artillery strikes depended on the "balloon effect," which by proximity to an explosion would cause the liquid in the victim's body to burst. This did not occur, however, because of the zombie's coagulated blood. Therefore, SNT (Sudden Nerve Trauma), which "just shuts down vital organs like God flickin' a light switch," did not happen either."

In fact i would love that the lore of PZ had some winks at Voodoo or some demon thing on  TV, like Dawn of the dead (remake) where a doctor is saying that the infection is because of the hygiene of people mouths, and something about stress and the infections are just riots, i would love to be hiding out in my base watching TV and then getting some theory of "Sum motherfucker is using Voodoo and now we are getting infections and shieets"

The zombies you are thinking about are most likely 28 days later kind of infected, where a bomb could do wonders against those.

But what made Romero and Brook lore zombies scary is that they are very persistent, they never get tired, they never stop coming if you shot them in the body, if you hack their arms or legs they will try to still eat you somehow, bomb them and you are going to end up with crawlers or just a zombie with no limbs.

Watch the movie The Dead from 2010, is most likely the last movie with real Romero zombies (Night of the living dead tier), you can get a very good feeling of how they work. 

Thats what i'm looking to play with.

A more realistic alternative, like a fast acting rabies that prevents infectees from attacking eachother. That would produce identical results to the rage virus.

Ugh, I was just talking about this in another post a few days ago.  Artillery mainly uses air bursts for anti-personal roles.  This is not new.  While the modern incarnation was perfected more recently, we have literally been doing this since before WWI.  In a situation like the battle of Yonkers where the zombies where super tightly packed in there, the artillery would be *more* effective, not less.  In regards to weaponry and the military, max brooks just doesn't know what the hell he's talking about.

Here's a video of what an air burst looks like for you:

Oh, and here's an MLRS airburst:

http://www.discovery.com/tv-shows/other-shows/videos/future-weapons-mlrs-airburst-attack/