Your political compass

DrummerKidJack

I'm near the middle in the top right box. That's good right D:?

But dayum, were some of those questions hard to understand.

Do you mean in the middle, but slightly in the top right box, or in the middle of the top right box?

But yah, some of the questions were really ambiguous as well.

I'm near the middle in the top right box. That's good right D:?

But dayum, were some of those questions hard to understand.

Do you mean in the middle, but slightly in the top right box, or in the middle of the top right box?

But yah, some of the questions were really ambiguous as well.

Middle of the top right box.

Hm.

Your political compass Economic Left/Right: -3.25

Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -5.33

I . . . I am Gandhi?

wxtirKR.pngModerator Warning

This has been a test of the Moderator Warning System . . .

Nice test, Enigma. Can you give me one :D?

E: - 5.38

S: -4.36

Apparently I'm a super lefty-libertarian! ;)

However, like people have been saying, lots of the questions had a lot of "but..." objections to them, and for those I generally went for the more liberal option because there are ALWAYS exceptions to rules.

Some of the questions strike me as deliberately misleading/catering to unintelligence as well. For instance:

A significant advantage of a one-party state is that it avoids all the arguments that delay progress in a democratic political system.

That is a massively significant advantage to a one party state. But that in no way suggests that I would ever support a single-party state in any way shape or form. This is the kind of loaded question that people ask to fish for certain answer in people. I have a feeling more conservative/democratic people are "supposed" to say "strongly disagree" to the question in order to be put in their correct category, but acknowledging strength in systems you disagree with is actually a strong sign of an intelligent mind that's willing to come up with stronger counter-arguments. I almost don't even want to finish the test after seeing this. This question is actually 100% irrelevant to any political views as posed and is purely a test of the intelligence of the individual answering it.

And now I see the second-to-last section which proposes the religious views dictate political views which again is merely a test of the mental fortitude of the viewer. Any human being with a teaspoon of intelligence lets logic dictate their political views, not religion. On top of which, while religion may tie into some of the "issues" debated by different government parties, at the core of it religion is entirely irrelevant to say... democracy vs. dictatorship (unless you want to bring theocracy into the mix?).

For a test that claims to follow the scientific method they've shot way off base as far as accuracy goes. Color me unimpressed. I was a 5.00 -4 or something, but I don't identify with any current political parties or standings anyways. Now I can continue to be written off as a brainless right-wing free economy anarchist! Huzzah!

Some of the questions are a little biased in their phrasing.

To quote Bill Hicks on polls and questionnaires - 

Do you think George Bush, a good Christian white man…should send troops to Iraq to stem the brown, Islamic tide from coming over here and fucking your daughter? ‘I’d like to say I’m for this war.’ ‘Ninety-eight percent of all Americans support the war. This just in!

Economic Left/Right: -5.12

Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -4.00

If asked beforehand to point on the grid as to where I thought I'd be, I'd say this is about accurate. However, if their Gandhi and Dalai Lama plots on the money then I'm more left / libertarian than either. Which I'm pretty sure I'm not.

I think the reason for some of the extremes is our inability to remain neutral in the questions. There were a few occasions where I was thinking 'yeah, mostly' but then considered an exception and therefore had to 'disagree' for example.

Rathlord pretty much sums up on how inaccurate this thing really is, so I wouldn't really use it as a means to accurately portray ones views.

Where I ended up isn't exactly where I consider my political views to be, and the nature of the questions are deliberately ambiguous.

Economic Left/Right: -5.12

Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -6.00

Comfortably left wing. Although to be honest, pretty much every question could be debated and explored, so I found it difficult to do a simple Agree/Disagree answer. My knowledge on economic issues is pretty limited to be honest. Also, what Rathlord said is totally right - there are many superb advantages to a facism, doesn't mean I support it though :-) The questions sucked a bit.

Was interesting to see the economic/authority separated though.

I mean, most answers are so obvious, how can anyone end up NOT being left/liberal? :P

No idea. Tell me D:

Okay! Choose these options:

1. Give all the money and power to the fat ass corporations!

2. Make the rich richer and the poor poorer!

3. Shit on the planet's wildlife!

4. Abuse religion and imposed moral values to make you look like a "good person"!

5. Declare any opinion clearly differing from your political and economic ideas as illegal!

6. Hate foreigners and other races!

I'm sure I forgot something, but these choices (and they're really in the test, just not exactly worded like that) should give you a good shot at going in the "right" direction. :P

Funny thing is, with the exception of point 6 that sounds quite a bit like what the most powerful people on this planet do.

Apparently I am a moderately Left-wing Libertarian.

Fuck yes, this thing was spot on.

It's exactly these kind of loaded questions that have been the utter downfall of politics in the US.

Welcome to America! Fuck you for being foreign, we want everyone's money, PRAISE JESUS AND THE ESTABLISHMENT!

Archived