Steam Beta Release - 23rd Aug 2013 - Version 2.9.9.17

lemmy101

I have to say, as much as I loved this game the first 2 weeks since I've played it I'm putting it to rest until NPC's are implemented. It's just flat and uninteresting without any survivors. Are you guys still a long way from putting them into the game because yesterday I saw a video of how you guys improved the NPC movement and they looked pretty fine to me. :???:

"Soon." In  the sense of "a few months."

So is the sheet rope not implemented yet or is it just a bug? I've tried installing one in the 2nd floor but with no avail. Or am I doing it completely wrong?

You need a hammer + 1 nail to install on a window.

So keen for next update, got back into this game recently after playing the baldspot tutorial years ago and completely stoked about the progress so far, cheers indiestone!

hello TheFoul,

im unable to create sheet rope from sheets. im playing vanilla desura game. is this known bug or not?

hello TheFoul,

im unable to create sheet rope from sheets. im playing vanilla desura game. is this known bug or not?

Yeah, the sheet rope are in since .15 or something, I suggest you try the .16 version in the PZ Downloads section :)

You just need 1 nails and at least 2 sheet rope (2 for 1st floor, 3 for 2nd floor, etc.), no need hammer for now, will fix it soon :)

hello RobertJohnson,

thank you for your advice. but im unable tu run unofficial version for some reason. dont know how to install it properly. replace original folder, or playing from another directory? i tried both possibilities with no luck.

it would be helpful (for new players as me) adding some readme file with install instructions to every unofficial version.

im now 27+ days in survival now. but its tough with official desura version. no water barrels, no farming. everything except that and creating rope from sheets is fine.

is it possible, that old official desura save is not compactible with new version?

Edited by patrikpass

hello RobertJohnson,

thank you for your advice. but im unable tu run unofficial version for some reason. dont know how to install it properly. replace original folder, or playing from another directory? i tried both possibilities with no luck.

it would be helpful (for new players as me) adding some readme file with install instructions to every unofficial version.

im now 27+ days in survival now. but its tough with official desura version. no water barrels, no farming. everything except that and creating rope from sheets is fine.

is it possible, that old official desura save is not compactible with new version?

Install anywhere, it should still find your saves. However, I went from desura version (2.9.9.10) to the current forum build (2.9.9.16) and while the saves were recognized, they weren't compatible (black screen when loading). I played my last .10 desura build character until she died then made a new one on .16.

no news today about any progress of bug solving or added content. That's a bit sad.

Apparently the update will come out together with kate and bald, so that's a long way off. I'd say no less than a month.

Just to clarify, Fabrix7777 is not correct. The update is going to be coming as soon as they get the bugs sorted out for it.

-Rathlord-

no news today about any progress of bug solving or added content. That's a bit sad.

Apparently the update will come out together with kate and bald, so that's a long way off. I'd say no less than a month.

[bug Fix]

• Fixed drink/take water bugs.
  • Equipped bag are now saved.
  • Crafted door fixed !

Man I can't wait for these! When can we have em!!!

If you read the Mondoid Blog post, all will be revealed

[bug Fix]

• Fixed drink/take water bugs.
  • Equipped bag are now saved.
  • Crafted door fixed !

Man I can't wait for these! When can we have em!!!

Exactly my point, they could come out with these right now, but for some weird reason we don't get to know it won't happen. Maybe fixing these thing broke others that were ok. It happens all the times in here.

I can safely assure you all that we don't delay releases just to ruin your day. Lemmy and friends are still tracking down bugs so we can have a nice, workable build for you guys. Even being a forum test release, I doubt you guys would be thrilled if you downloaded it and it wouldn't run, or ate all your saves, or turned into Duke Nukem Forever.

For everyone that asks, we delay the update by an incalculable amount of time.

Be patient.

errm.. that makes no sense at all... haha

It does feel like it's taking a long time though, considering the non-wait between 15 and 16.  I've been spoiled by that brief peak at rain barrels!  I can't go back and play without them now  :cry:

That doesn't really give me a time frame. I really need those rain barrels in my current playthrough, I could live without the NPCs at this point in time....

Well, that is what is going on here if you didn't realize.  Time frames don't exist. In the tuesdoid (mondoid for steam)  they say that they have completed the 1th  third of npc metagame in a few days. Now they have to do the remaining 2/3  which are the more complex one too btw. They said it could take as little as a week but then they may encounter a bug or something that they can't pin point ( like the invisible wall e.g.)  and that could make the release slip by a month. 

So you see, any real update implementation is a shot in the dark as far as ETA goes.

The problem being with ETA's (as has been expounded many times) that every so often they either can't make them, or end up having to rush things to make them and end up with a sloppy release. Neither of those things is good for them or us, so it makes much more sense not to do it.

I can safely assure you all that we don't delay releases just to ruin your day. Lemmy and friends are still tracking down bugs so we can have a nice, workable build for you guys. Even being a forum test release, I doubt you guys would be thrilled if you downloaded it and it wouldn't run, or ate all your saves, or turned into Duke Nukem Forever.

I didn't mean to sound like I was ungrateful or anything :P I appreciate all the devs hard work :)

Edit: I know they are working hard on the new NPC functionality, but wouldn't a bug fix release for what is currently there be an option? It would make what is currently there more playable and a better experience for players. I know this is how the company I work for does things, we fix bugs before we implement new features (it's not a games company though)

Bug fix release is what they're working on right now. The only people who said they weren't releasing until NPC's were out was someone above here with no correlation to TIS and they were completely wrong. This build will be released as soon as they get the major bugs sorted. Be careful who you listen to  ;-)

Bug fix release is what they're working on right now. The only people who said they weren't releasing until NPC's were out was someone above here with no correlation to TIS and they were completely wrong. This build will be released as soon as they get the major bugs sorted. Be careful who you listen to  ;-)

Oh thanks for clearing that up :) Very good news then :D

If you read the mondoid, it clearly stated:

{

Finishin’ Forum Build 17

Just a quick note to say this is still on its way, and will be out ASAP! We’re thinking it’ll probably be as soon as the new language system is complete. Progress thread here!

}

that was what, just over a day ago :huh:

settle down, the purpose of these releases is to root out bugs. not to let you play before the official release