Steam Beta Release - 23rd Aug 2013 - Version 2.9.9.17

lemmy101

Well then it would be nice to know what bugs exactly are they planning to fix for this particular forum build (.17) because the bugs that kind of broke .16  are already present in the change log as resolved. So there must be something else.  For what concern the npc i meant strictly the tutorial with kate and bob that is the main focus on mondoid and tuesdoid , but i guess that is for the major stable release buid for desura and steam early access which apparently is coming in the near future.

P.s. ninja'd    So it's the language thing, and i don't want to sound like a dick but never has been mentioned in this very progress thread the language system implementation. Neither is in the 1th page.

[New Stuff]

• Improved night time, is now lighter, still dangerously dark but not totally black.
  • Fixed crash bugs
  • Proper modding system (enable/disable mods in-game list) required to avoid mod related save problems etc)
  • Option to turn on/off multi-core rendering (defaults off for single core/linux)
  • Make the right click for world item much easier (selecting a sink for example).
  • When destroying something with items inside it (e.g. crates), the items are dropped on the ground.
  • If you destroy a crate and there's another crate on top of it, the crate fall.
  • New Survival Guide entrie for the Inventory Management.

They've tried the pre-emptive "this is what we're working on" checklist.

Trust me, the amount of fights that broke out when something was added, when something wasn't done in a time someone thought appropriate, or items failed to be checked off for a period of time, drove people mad.

This is why we can't have ETAs or prophetic lists.

Well then it would be nice to know what bugs exactly are they planning to fix for this particular forum build (.17) because the bugs that kind of broke .16  are already present in the change log as resolved. So there must be something else.  For what concern the npc i meant strictly the tutorial with kate and bob that is the main focus on mondoid and tuesdoid , but i guess that is for the major stable release buid for desura and steam early access which apparently is coming in the near future.

P.s. ninja'd    So it's the language thing, and i don't want to sound like a dick but never has been mentioned in this very progress thread the language system implementation. Neither is in the 1th page.

[New Stuff]

• Improved night time, is now lighter, still dangerously dark but not totally black.
  • Fixed crash bugs
  • Proper modding system (enable/disable mods in-game list) required to avoid mod related save problems etc)
  • Option to turn on/off multi-core rendering (defaults off for single core/linux)
  • Make the right click for world item much easier (selecting a sink for example).
  • When destroying something with items inside it (e.g. crates), the items are dropped on the ground.
  • If you destroy a crate and there's another crate on top of it, the crate fall.
  • New Survival Guide entrie for the Inventory Management.

Like EnigmaGrey said..... That's a list of what's been completed, not currently working on.....

I can safely assure you all that we don't delay releases just to ruin your day. Lemmy and friends are still tracking down bugs so we can have a nice, workable build for you guys. Even being a forum test release, I doubt you guys would be thrilled if you downloaded it and it wouldn't run, or ate all your saves, or turned into Duke Nukem Forever.

Now that would be a plot twist.

Project Dukeoid Forever.

So it was total rubbish? viruses?

Of course it was total rubbish, or do you really think some random dude would post download links before the devs!? It has been taken care of and that's all there is to it.

Of course i didn't think that, i thought it was a repost from the 1th page, then i realized that there was something fishy about.

Ah! steam, nice!

It wasn't rubbish then the link of this version that briefly appeared here yesterday.  It was rubbish that it was posted without permission by a user, i agree with that, but the version was legit, aka it wasn't a virus as stated by a mod. Wasn't easier to tell the truth right away?

Sooooo, i just came back from watching a couple of guys that puts up you tube vids of PZ  and surprise surprise, the second one i watched was using this very .17 build .   Does any devs or mods care to explain why?

Also we have some Internal testers who have access to early version for testing, they can stream and make video with this version, so it's easier for us to find bugs on them :)

Sorry to be a pain, haven't tested the Steam version as my girlfriend's kidnapped me for several days now, was just wondering if you've done anything in regards to every single zombie playing dead until you approach them (most noticeable if you shoot them with a pistol, having masses of zombies all lying dormant on the floor, yet all still alive)? A reply would be greatly appreciated.

Sorry to be a pain, haven't tested the Steam version as my girlfriend's kidnapped me for several days now, was just wondering if you've done anything in regards to every single zombie playing dead until you approach them (most noticeable if you shoot them with a pistol, having masses of zombies all lying dormant on the floor, yet all still alive)? A reply would be greatly appreciated.

You'll see.

Maybe.

Sooooo, i just came back from watching a couple of guys that puts up you tube vids of PZ  and surprise surprise, the second one i watched was using this very .17 build .   Does any devs or mods care to explain why?

Also we have some Internal testers who have access to early version for testing, they can stream and make video with this version, so it's easier for us to find bugs on them :)

I understand, but aren't we all paying pre-alpha testers here? If i find a bug, i won't whine about it, i will report it in a civil manner. Isn't better for you to have more testers than a little few?

P.S.  To stream or put up videos on youtube there is the need of a special permission or it is open?

P.P.S.  I promise, i won't bash the game, in fact i love it, and i got already 2 friends that bought it because I showed it to them, a 3rd is waiting to buy it as soon as is purchasable on steam cause he wasn't comfortable about desura.

I understand, but aren't we all paying pre-alpha testers here? If i find a bug, i won't whine about it, i will report it in a civil manner. Isn't better for you to have more testers than a little few?

The problem is sometimes we make stuff that may broke the game, so we need internal test first, even if it's in alpha...

If we release something that broke totally the game, everyone will start insult us, so we first make an internal test, if it looks good, we do the public one :)

Just done a quick test, I am using a save that I started on Build 16. Doors, working well :) Rain Barrels, working well :) But I am getting crashes every minutes or so, is this because I am using a Build 16 save?

The Romain on High suggests you go into Options and set multithreading/mulitcore to "off" then restart the game.

Best of luck.