Steam Beta Release - 23rd Aug 2013 - Version 2.9.9.17

lemmy101

So is there any information on this bug? It would be nice to hear some feedback about it.

Play the Steam Version.

There should be fixed

That was my mistake, I actually was playing through Steam. That is my fault for not including that in the post though. I had tried to re-install it too, and checked the beta settings.

I may try going into the folders manually (tomorrow I'll try this, when I have my desktop).

Don't know if it's been mentioned yet, but the issue I posted about on the old forums regarding stairs is back.

I can set them down, walk up them and walk on air until I hit a building. Can't add any flooring around the stairs. If you'd like I can post a screenshot! I'd make a video, but I'm on satellite internet.

So is there any information on this bug? It would be nice to hear some feedback about it.

Play the Steam Version.

There should be fixed

playing the steam version, updated everything, black screen after savegame load still persists.

Same as ghostfall - the game is more or less unplayable on Steam. At first I thought the hotfix took care of it but it turned out to be a one hit wonder and I'm now back to getting my savegames messed up.

It's a known bug guys. Nothing you can do for now but downgrade or play in one sitting as far as I know. Should be fixed for the next version but that may still be a while due to things and stuff.

Tomorrow's Mondoid will make us a bit wiser, I assume :)

It's a known bug guys. Nothing you can do for now but downgrade or play in one sitting as far as I know. Should be fixed for the next version but that may still be a while due to things and stuff.

don't you write them?

Ha.

No.

don't you write them?
Hahahah.

No :)

I've been having this issue... Is it only me?

-When I shoot a gun, i have shotgun equipped primary, shotgun shells equipped secondary. I try to shoot - i get a  loud glitchy tingy sound... Shotgun used to work in the alpha tech demo... What's going on?

k after some play sessions with .17 i think there is something "wrong" with drinking stuff

seems like the game resets thirsty stat only if the moodle appears

dont know how to explain but its like this

i use the sink / toilet to drink in every house i loot but 20 seconds later the game goes dry mouth etc etc

(why ?  i drank water @ the house i looted 20 seconds before )

if you drink water when dry mouth etc appears then it works fine and it will take a while till the moodle shows up again

if you drink water when dry mouth etc appears then it works fine and it will take a while till the moodle shows up again

I never experienced strangeness with water ... or I just didn't notice it. Btw you can just take a filled mug or bottle with your character and he will automatically drink from it as soon as he gets thirty :)

I never experienced strangeness with water ... or I just didn't notice it. Btw you can just take a filled mug or bottle with your character and he will automatically drink from it as soon as he gets thirty :)

How old is the character when it starts the game, then?

I just got my hand on the steam version and its overall better so far. One thing i don't really grasp is how bags work now, it seems that looting them is no longer putting them in the ''bag bar'' to the right of the item window. By equipping one i can use it as i could before without equipping, is there a new way containers work that i didn't understand or is this a bug ?

I just got my hand on the steam version and its overall better so far. One thing i don't really grasp is how bags work now, it seems that looting them is no longer putting them in the ''bag bar'' to the right of the item window. By equipping one i can use it as i could before without equipping, is there a new way containers work that i didn't understand or is this a bug ?

It has been changed to be more realistic. You can now equip backs to your primary and secondary items lots or on the back (only a few of them though). After that they work like before.

I've written a small mod, which makes the system a bit more convenient:

http://theindiestone.com/forums/index.php/topic/1047-

Suggestions:

- Add a "Remember my last setting" when generating new worlds.

- Add a "Default setting" when generating new worlds.

- Make Zombie Population setting more consistent

- Teleporting hordes, go away

This is mainly because I'm tired of always putting back Zombies Population on Low and Uniform, setting game time to 4hrs, switching electricity and water to 0-5 years, switching Loot to Abundant and finally nerfing zombies to Shamblers.

Then I spawn in the middle of nowhere with zombies everywhere and anywhere I go, they're there. So I save and quit, delete the save and start all over again until I find a nice starting point.

just some other issues I'd like to mention. Isn't drinking water supposed to be automatic now? I had a few mugs of water in a backpack and they didn't autodrink when i was thirsty... unless i equipped primary. 

Now I'll admit I love the rehalled inventory system. Its much better than the old one... But can we have manual drink back as an option? Just in case auto-drink decides to not work under certain conditions? 

Also, I'm sure your aware, but there are certain issues with the gun animations, sometimes they disapear from the hand when firing.

Also, thx Rathlord for the useful advice. I didn't realise the guns didn't autoload when acquired. But seriously fix that issue when shooting an unloaded gun, it makes an anoying ass sound thats undesirable....

I will say though, great job guys on the game. Its a lot better than when I last played a year back... The controls are so fluent now I can play on a touch pad! Bravo. The dev time may have been set back a few times from robberies and other issues but its great to see you guys pull through! Really cannot wait for multiplayer

just some other issues I'd like to mention. Isn't drinking water supposed to be automatic now?

It is automatic but only when you have the bottle in your main inventory. It makes sense that your char can't access it when it is in your backpack ;)

Also, thx Rathlord for the useful advice. I didn't realise the guns didn't autoload when acquired. But seriously fix that issue when shooting an unloaded gun, it makes an anoying ass sound thats undesirable....

Seems to be fixed in the upcoming version:

http://theindiestone.com/forums/index.php/topic/1836-upcoming-steam-release/?p=27157