RELEASED: Build 29.4

RobertJohnson

Something isn't right when using Orange Soda Bottles to store water.

At some point they were renamed "Water Bottle", making them not stack as 1 slot with all other variations of "Water bottle". Their also not losing water when used for drinking, as I noticed that in 5 days of game play that all of my Orange Soda water bottles had lost nothing, and I had no other type of water on me. Its pretty much infinite water for thirst it seems, but if you do use it to pour out on crops it empties as normal.

Something isn't right when using Orange Soda Bottles to store water.

At some point they were renamed "Water Bottle", making them not stack as 1 slot with all other variations of "Water bottle". Their also not losing water when used for drinking, as I noticed that in 5 days of game play that all of my Orange Soda water bottles had lost nothing, and I had no other type of water on me. Its pretty much infinite water for thirst it seems, but if you do use it to pour out on crops it empties as normal.

Thanks for mentioning it, there is a ticket on the issue here: #000862 in the tracker. Updating the status now.

Excuse my ignorance, but can someone tell me exactly what IWBUMS is? There's plenty of "What's new" info but I've not found a "What is IWBUMS?" type reference anywhere as yet. 

- Is it just a mod full of new content? The name confuses me

- Is it made by the game devs or someone else?

thanks

Matt

Excuse my ignorance, but can someone tell me exactly what IWBUMS is? There's plenty of "What's new" info but I've not found a "What is IWBUMS?" type reference anywhere as yet. 

thanks

Matt

thanks

Matt

Read this: http://theindiestone.com/forums/index.php/topic/4183-iwbums-the-i-will-backup-my-save-branch/ :)

I know you noted us that there will be a bug and we can't complain about it. I apologize but I have found some as noted:

Appliances can't be turned on

If there is any more bugs I have detected, I will notify you through this forum unless you want them to be sent by email.

*Had to continuously edit because I either chose the wrong chose of words and I overlooked on something. Sorry

If appliances can't be turned on, it's possible that the electricity is out? And I don't think putting beans in a bowl of water is a valid recipe. Try an empty bowl? Most cooking recipes are centered around frying pans and cooking pots, I believe.

If appliances can't be turned on, it's possible that the electricity is out? And I don't think putting beans in a bowl of water is a valid recipe. Try an empty bowl? Most cooking recipes are centered around frying pans and cooking pots, I believe.

That's possible on the first day?

can you please paste the script for the soft reset bat file so i can copy paste as it dose not start up since i moved on to build 29 from build 28 i cant go back as all the new items 

Edit

ok i worked it out now from using the server bat file script 

Thank you for the fix. If there is any noticeable bugs. I will post them here. For now, thank you for dealing with this one. Now I can give my character more cooking skills.

Thanks for reporting guys, but please use the bug tracker to keep this area for discussion of listed items and room for devs to announce things. The tracker also makes it easier for fellow members to confirm/deny and it is routinely patrolled by the devs. :)

Tracker is up there on the right-hand side between chat and members.

That's possible on the first day?

Yes.  its some bad luck but yes.. I had a survivor made (in a new world) and with in 2 hrs the power had gone out.   (as well, the water stopped flowing later that day.)

some times the random number generator just hates you.

Some more feedback on foraging........

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=325047195

There really needs to be some kind of item decay added eventually, especially with foraging. While trying to level up to 4, I have filled up about 4 or 5 crates with rocks, twigs, branches, crickets, etc. I have literally HUNDREDS THOUSANDS of rotting berries and mushrooms (that I am not willing to science to find out which are good and bad after 2 "berry" incidents......) laying right outside of my base.

I honestly have more rocks and sticks then I'll ever use at this point......perhaps foraging should return fewer items, but more XP? I don't really know a good solution, but once you reach higher tiers of it perhaps some items should be weighted less. At least if there was an easy way to destroy the stuff that would be a good solution as well.

Edit: I like the idea that there are some non-perishable perks from foraging, but I think there should be a lot fewer. Crickets, Rosehips,  and Grasshoppers should most defiantly rot after some time, but I could see the player drying out violets and grape leafs to preserve them as they are.