• Youtube
    • Links or Websites
    • Friends or Family
    • You Were Forced To Buy It By Devs

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was way back. Was searching for a coop game to play with a friend. It'd preferably been zombie/survival-oriented. And thus I stumbled upon Project Zomboid. It was with baldspot still as the tutorial, I remember. All right, maybe it wasn't THAT long ago, but it does FEEL like it! :D The game then fell in the dark shadows of my forgetful mind, until about half a year ago. And goodness, it was just heaven to see what it had become.

My son talked me into buying it when he was, I think 9 possibly 10 yrs old. He made a big deal about the fact that game told you "you were going to die" and how inevitable it was, and rightly so. With my interest piqued I watched him play it and thought, yes, fuckin right. That's a proper game.

I still hark back to days when games, although graphically limited were almost impossible to complete but the best thing I thought about PZ was that you don't ever complete it.

It completes you (clyde)

Found PZ back in the days paulsoaresjr did videos on it.I remember version 2.0q.It looked amazing compared to old versions(I searched for old version like 1.5d).I was so excited about this game I waited like 2 weeks for Paul to do a let's play on it,but he never did so I decided to grab it myself and check it out.

That's where my son saw it before he bought it and told me about it.

I pirated it at first to try it out and subsequently bought it when I fell in love with it. I think piracy should be a pollable selection because I know a bunch of guys that bought it after pirating it. (Weird to think piracy can have a good effect)

Done for you my buddy

That's actually my case :D

I don't really think Piracy is bad. I pirated KSP and didn't like it. Scrapped it. Why? The demo just didn't tell anything about the real game ( I liked timed trials better than demos)

However, if you like the game, you gotta help the devs, right? Those 15 dollars were sent then :D

It was a cold late october day and everything seemed so boring, i decided to look on steam for some interesting game that looked great, different and exciting, i looked for 30 minutes when i thought ''Oh well, maybe this is pointless'' but then i saw the early access page and thought ''Well, i'll just take a quick look'' thats when i saw Project Zomboid i decided to click and look on the pictures, it looked a little bit old so i closed the page down.

Thats it...

no theres more :P

But then a couple of days later, i decided to give the demo a shot and as soon as i went into the game i spawned at a bar and went inside, only to find a pack of cigarettes and i instantly fell in love with the game and brought it and everything about the game is just amazing :)

I found PZ on Steam last fall by accident.  I had actually looked for a game like PZ before but never found it through my usual searches.  I don't play a lot of PC games and I'm very picky.  I love the Civilization series, and I tend to gravitate towards strategy type games over "fps" or "mmmo" games.

Here is the basic process that led me to PZ over the course of last year:

1. Watched Walking Dead TV show and enjoyed it.

2. Searched for a zombie ipad game to scratch my zombie apocalypse gaming itch.

3. Disliked everything until I found "Rebuild". (It's like a SimCity or Civ type turn based strategy game where you reclaim a city from the zombie apocalypse).  Loved it.

4. Read the indie developer's blog and saw her mention of a game called "Dwarf Fortress" which inspired "Rebuild".

5. Tried "Dwarf Fortress" and melted my brain.  I became obsessed with learning more about the game history and style - sandbox, desperately difficult and hard, indie, unending development.

7.  Learned "Dwarf Fortress" inspired "Minecraft".  Wasn't a fan of "Minecraft" but loved the sandbox concept.

8.  Found "Gnomoria" on Steam.  It was mentioned as "Dwarf Fortress"-lite with retro isometric graphics.  Loved it.

9.  Concurrently, I came across "Avadon" on the iPad. "Avadon" is an isometric, retro graphic, turn-based D&D type game. It's amazing. Reminded me a lot of the Ultima series of games from the 90s.

10. Tried some other zombie games on Steam but was bored with the linear story progression.  I wanted a zombie survivalist game in a sandbox environment.  Found PZ on Steam and have been hooked ever since.

Robbaz, King of Sweden, led me to this thing called Project Zomboid.

Robbaz is the best  uh <3

I found PZ from a youtuber too, a french one called ... oh wait i forgot... he probably sucks x)

Then i pirated him because i was student without money... Then i have been forced by the awesomeness of the devs to buy him.

After that... i become the most relentless french fan of PZ Ever !  1755 posts on the french forum :D

Love so much this game :D