Released: Build 28.3

RobertJohnson

Also another question.

I know the Item respawn can be limited to amounts.

But what about Zombie Respawn. I know the time it takes them to respawn can be changed, but

How many zombies respawn, can it be changed?

Is it dependent upon the zombie settings?

Cool, thanks. As for that part where someone asked about overpowered weapons and stuff, that could only be a gamemode where you run around and shoot stuff just for fun.

So, the BIG stuff that will be added:

-NPC

-Cars

-Map expansion

-Story(s)

Btw, what kind of suicides are you planning to have? Stab yourself, shoot yourself or just press a button and die? I'm glad that I managed to kill myself by jumping of a seccond floor.

Wtf with this video ? This is the worst thing France have ever made.

They're okay for me. Studied french for 8 years and I still suck at it, this is too fast for me.

Is there some kind of a "road map" for the game development like the one Dayz has? If not, you could put something togeather for us to see what's planned for the future (besides NPCs and cars).

And, c'mon, give birth to that update, we are waiting to kill and burn my friend.

Enjoy, yo 

Wtf with this video ? This is the worst thing France have ever made.

It's... a mix of this (I think), unless you did then this is irrelevant. :P

Back on topic! When is the ETA?!

i'm kidding.

I'm not talking about myself, I'm talking about the whole community. They like quantity and it keeps them happy and busy. Quality is already there.

You make quantity higher, you start to lose out on Quality.

Plus, people will always be inpatient.

But, glad your not inpatient. And your only suggesting it for other people, that is very kind and thoughtful.

I'm not talking about myself, I'm talking about the whole community. They like quantity and it keeps them happy and busy. Quality is already there.

You make quantity higher, you start to lose out on Quality.

Plus, people will always be inpatient.

But, glad your not inpatient. And your only suggesting it for other people, that is very kind and thoughtful.

That resume my thought + other things :P

I really like how people come on the forum, post random stuff without reading anything, then get into arguements over fundamental policies the devs are not negotiating. Please do not talk about the "whole community" as you are one person, and I did not vote for you to be our spokes person. I completely disagree with you, and I know some people share my views so please read the following rant.

Mate if you want to tell the devs how to do their job: MAKE A GAME COMPANY please, otherwise you stick around and wait for what you get. Yo mamma never told you that patience is a virtue? Knowledge is power? I'm only saying that THESE guys are working their asses off to give us the best game possible. They have been doing a great job, they provide us with all the information a gamer can dream of. Of course they like the feedback from the players for increasing the development further, but they certainly do not want to be bossed around by some stranger on the internet.

This is a forum for positive, creative energy and occasional rage post about a bug. Just being here does not mean you can tell devs what to do :)

Yeah, the devs are doing a good job with what they do :)

That being said, it -is- a little annoying to see a bunch of new users on the forums going on about stuff that's been discussed to death, pinned, and flagged as 'This is not going in. Stop asking for it'. To me, it seems like it'd take more time and effort to register, start a new topic and write a post than it would to skim over some of the pinned topics.

That being said, it -is- a little annoying to see a bunch of new users on the forums going on about stuff that's been discussed to death, pinned, and flagged as 'This is not going in. Stop asking for it'. To me, it seems like it'd take more time and effort to register, start a new topic and write a post than it would to skim over some of the pinned topics.

The best is when they keep asking for ETAS when the FIRST page of this thread clearly said dont ask for them because spiffos will die! Where is PETA when you need them?!?!? :D

So true, my advice to newbies would be to 'lurk moar', instead of posting twenty (exaggeration) suggestion topics on day one. Most of the regular guys on the forum don't really start all that many topics to be honest either. Apart from bug reports. Let us take a look at for example Footmuffin, Apollo and myself.

TOTAL TOPIC COUNT:

Me: 3.

Apollo: 2

Footmuffin: 3

And I believe this is again not as much the lack of enthusiasm towards the game, I mean look at our post counts, it is not like we are new here. It is more based on discussing things that are *already* being discussed and reading through the forum instead of jumping in. That being said, the forum search function is not too super so I forgive most topics that have been discussed.

P.S. Sorry for not including you *yet* Wolfi, I can see you aim to be a regular, you just need a bit more milage before we can finally replace Footmuffin with you. (What a day of festivities and relief that will be.)

On another note, on RJ's twitter he mentioned new sound effects that are chilling according to him. I am ever so curious as to what those might be. Quite a lot of things I am looking forward to that will be in future updates. I played the old 1.5d (I think) version again the other day and I must say that I have forgotten how far we have come. The interface, graphics, gameplay... Has come so far. I am stoked about it and can only imagine what it would look like 6 months from now, and 6 months from then... 

Top job truly. (fedora)

EDIT: Please be advised that I was unaware of the search function having been updated, as is expressed by Rathlord several posts below.

Edited by Viceroy

I really like how people come on the forum, post random stuff without reading anything, then get into arguements over fundamental policies the devs are not negotiating. Please do not talk about the "whole community" as you are one person, and I did not vote for you to be our spokes person. I completely disagree with you, and I know some people share my views so please read the following rant.

Mate if you want to tell the devs how to do their job: MAKE A GAME COMPANY please, otherwise you stick around and wait for what you get. Yo mamma never told you that patience is a virtue? Knowledge is power? I'm only saying that THESE guys are working their asses off to give us the best game possible. They have been doing a great job, they provide us with all the information a gamer can dream of. Of course they like the feedback from the players for increasing the development further, but they certainly do not want to be bossed around by some stranger on the internet.

This is a forum for positive, creative energy and occasional rage post about a bug. Just being here does not mean you can tell devs what to do :)

First of all, I wasn't talking strictly about the PZ community, but the whole steam early access buyers. Second, I made a suggestion, not even that, I posted a thought based on my experience with Prison Architect and that community where people know that the update is comming some day at the end of the month and they don't ask about the ETA 'cause they know when it's coming and they don't care if it's big or small. For example, if PZ devs were doing that, it would be like releasing this new weapons system 1.7. and then continuing their work on the new crafting stuff if they didn't make it untill 1.7., so they release it today. (Before you start parenting me about the forum, this is not my order, this is further explanation). I am here for like a month, just made a profile few days ago and I see a lot of people on Steam asking for updates, so I just said what could probably solve that annoying issue. It's called communicating with another person. 

Thirdly, I was "conversating" with the devs and some other guys like a normal person, until you came along and started putting words in my mouth. Jesus.

Thanks Vice for the support :D and yeah I don't mind at all, I am new here as well. I bought the game 1 and a half months ago, so really there is not much "experience" in earlier builds ( i played the demo version when it came out and later one point as well for 10 minutes ^^). It is fine being a noobie as long as you are aware that YOU are a noobie and not try to appear to be the person, that came here and is going to "save the game" with his ideas, whereas there is nothing to save, as the game is developed much much better than any other game I have seen in the recent past.

No wonder people make fun of the green light games, most are unplayable and in very early stages. It is arguable wether or not this is good for the gamer community as there are more games people can support, on the downside people start to look at these in a negative way due to many negative experiences.

Having said that PROJEC ZOMBOID is one of those games that you do not regret buying when not even on sale. One of those games that you play and everyday check what new features will come out, while enjoying the current build.

I must say one of my best decisions in this life was to support this game project. Another one was to join this forum ;) I just thrive to keep things nice and positive without repetatitve postings from anyone.

First of all, I wasn't talking strictly about the PZ community, but the whole steam early access buyers. Second, I made a suggestion, not even that, I posted a thought based on my experience with Prison Architect and that community where people know that the update is comming some day at the end of the month and they don't ask about the ETA 'cause they know when it's coming and they don't care if it's big or small. For example, if PZ devs were doing that, it would be like releasing this new weapons system 1.7. and then continuing their work on the new crafting stuff if they didn't make it untill 1.7., so they release it today. (Before you start parenting me about the forum, this is not my order, this is further explanation). I am here for like a month, just made a profile few days ago and I see a lot of people on Steam asking for updates, so I just said what could probably solve that annoying issue. It's called communicating with another person. 

Thirdly, I was "conversating" with the devs and some other guys like a normal person, until you came along and started putting words in my mouth. Jesus.

Quantity keeps them happy and busy posting bug reports 24/7 about features that were not planed to be released for another few weeks, so this is what you are suggesting?

All I said is don't tell the devs what to do, especially not say the "whole community" wants something they do not. Impatient people ask for updates because they do not understand that this is not a candy machine they put money in and can take candy out.

Secondly, I am not having a go at you personally. I had a go at the things you said, as I am sure the devs are more aware of what kind of methods there are for updates since they have been doing this for a while (read their "about us" section to see what experiences they have). This is what made me angry, as I know how awesome it is when some random person tells you how you should be managing your stuff, especially if that idea was suggested ages ago and for 200 million times by other people. Let me repeat myself and say: The devs know what they are doing.

Third and foremost people who are impatient and have great ideas can go to the "SUGGESTIONS" section where you can post your ideas. I have this topic marked as important and I get an email everytime somebody posts here, because until you came along there was actually a meaningful discussion of this topic in particular, and not random posts of music videos or unrelevant things.

This is only MY thought, not the team one. Why I don't like the month release ?

Even if I admire Prison Architect for doing that, I really don't like it, for multiple reason :

We're indie, I worked before on a big firm, with lot of dead line, and it's stressfull as f*ck, really (I mean big customer insulting you if you're late), I don't want to live this again.

It'll be even worse, we're a small studio, and right now only Mash and I work on those regular update, the other are on NPC stuff.

So now, what if we fail to release something ? I mean, only Chris can do the Steam update for now, what if we miss the ETA because he's sick/away/worse thing ? People will get really mean, because we said "VERSION THE 1ST AUGUST", players are now more or less used to our system : no ETA.

Also, I don't want to be forcing to release something, I mean, we have a really realistic game, some things take lot of time to do, for example those weapons thing took more time for researches than actual coding, so what if, I know the release is in 5 days, I NEED to release something, I'm a middle of a big thing, so I'll release something not really tested.

That's why I love being indie, we are free, and that's why we're so deeply involved with this game, sometimes (happened just yesterday), I just wander on the forum, see someone suggestion and add it, if I had a strict road map, I couldn't do that, and trust me, that's one of the best thing in this job, listen to people and do what they want, I'm not sure I could do that if I had a monthly update, because I'll plan what I need to do for the month, and they don't have really more time for this. (I mean, I have a basic road map, I just progress it when I want ;))

I want to give quality, I don't want to be forced to do something because we said "1 release per month", I want if possible to revert what I've done because it's crap.. Even if I love Prison Architect, I find their update rather small (not always small, but to me, most of the time, but I don't know their engine, it's just a player perspective ;)), I prefer give more big update, and I think we're pretty close to 1 release a month, it's just that we have no ETA :)

Edit :I don't know if I seem angry or not with this post, but trust me, I'm not angry at all, I'm just explaining why I don't like ETA, but I really understand that some guys NEED Etas or monthly update :)

This is only MY thought, not the team one. Why I don't like the month release ?

Even if I admire Prison Architect for doing that, I really don't like it, for multiple reason :

We're indie, I worked before on a big firm, with lot of dead line, and it's stressfull as f*ck, really (I mean big customer insulting you if you're late), I don't want to live this again.

It'll be even worse, we're a small studio, and right now only Mash and I work on those regular update, the other are on NPC stuff.

So now, what if we fail to release something ? I mean, only Chris can do the Steam update for now, what if we miss the ETA because he's sick/away/worse thing ? People will get really mean, because we said "VERSION THE 1ST AUGUST", players are now more or less used to our system : no ETA.

Also, I don't want to be forcing to release something, I mean, we have a really realistic game, some things take lot of time to do, for example those weapons thing took more time for researches than actual coding, so what if, I know the release is in 5 days, I NEED to release something, I'm a middle of a big thing, so I'll release something not really tested.

That's why I love being indie, we are free, and that's why we're so deeply involved with this game, sometimes (happened just yesterday), I just wander on the forum, see someone suggestion and add it, if I had a strict road map, I couldn't do that, and trust me, that's one of the best thing in this job, listen to people and do what they want, I'm not sure I could do that if I had a monthly update, because I'll plan what I need to do for the month, and they don't have really more time for this. (I mean, I have a basic road map, I just progress it when I want ;))

I want to give quality, I don't want to be forced to do something because we said "1 release per month", I want if possible to revert what I've done because it's crap.. Even if I love Prison Architect, I find their update rather small (not always small, but to me, most of the time, but I don't know their engine, it's just a player perspective ;)), I prefer give more big update, and I think we're pretty close to 1 release a month, it's just that we have no ETA :)

Edit :I don't know if I seem angry or not with this post, but trust me, I'm not angry at all, I'm just explaining why I don't like ETA, but I really understand that some guys NEED Etas or monthly update :)

Some people suggesting that they do monthly updates "like someone else" have either never developed a game before or done something that required your constant thought and 100% dedication. Take me for example : The only way I understand how stressful it is to release stuff on a set date is because I upload footage on youtube (Not going to post a link as to not look like I'm advertising myself). The videos I post are atleast an hour long, and take a lot of time to edit together. Prior to that I also have to record footage, then I have to crop some interesting parts together as a "trailer" for upcoming video, then I have to edit this big as hell video, then I have to re-watch it ATLEAST several times to see if there needs to be any corrections (There usually always are), then fix those mistakes, then re-watch again and make double-sure. Then I have to render it all, which usually takes about 8 to 10 hours. And GOD FORBID THERE IS ANYTHING WRONG WITH THE VIDEO THAT I HAVE MISSED DURING EDITING!

Usually all of this takes me about a week (if counting only the hours where I work on the video and video alone without the breaks, sleep, college, etc you get the idea), and if I was to promise to post my videos every 2-3 weeks with set dates, I would've probably already jumped out of the window. It's stressful as hell, and sometimes when you read a reply from someone who thinks that it's all games n' easy, at the same time bashing me for every mistake he sees, laughing at it, you just want to take the laptop, shove it in the dumpster and quit altogether. 

I've met people like those when I've watched a bunch of Russian videos on youtube, back when I was doing the Russian PZ translation alone. I've had people laugh at translation, I've had people bash translation, I've had people mocking the author of translation, and this whole thing ISN'T HELPING. 

Sorry for this reply turning into a small rant, I guess I wanted to release some steam aswell. I can perfectly understand why you folks never give ETA anymore. 

That being said, the forum search function is not too super so I forgive most topics that have been discussed.

For what it's worth, EG and I bugged Kirrus until he installed a new search function. The new one is fantastic.

Now everyone please stop discussing the release schedule. If I see more questions about ETA's I'm going to start handing out points, whether people are new or not. It clearly states in the OP not to ask, and if people can't be bothered to read the topic then they don't need to be posting. Thanks.

I hope it's realized that my asking of the ETA was only kidding, I said that in small text. But I apologize for technically 'starting' this.

You did not MadDan2013, don't apologize :) I started this and I apologize, but I believe that my discussion had solid ground (which was also backed by RJ thank you RJ ^^) so lets put the full stop here and lets carry on with the actual release discussion.

I've seen the video about the spray painting and it is fascinating, is there a list of what types of symbols we can paint or any premade text etc, or that will be a future release and for now we have the awesome skulls and arrows? :D loving this stuff, finally a reason to get those paint buckets ^^

That being said, the forum search function is not too super so I forgive most topics that have been discussed.

For what it's worth, EG and I bugged Kirrus until he installed a new search function. The new one is fantastic.

-snipped mod stuff-

Ah that is good/great/adjective, was unaware of that. Although I haven't searched in a rather long while. So in other words I can newbie-bash now? *looks at EG* Right? Riiight?