Dying Light

This. This is what I feel Dead Island could have been. A little more flexible. A little more fast paced. A little more fun.

Also, day and night cycle is fucking amazing with the zeds transforming into fast moving pacers in the night. 

Also, finally the "sense" has some actual use instead of making things much easier for gamers in video games like Assassins Creed (Eagle Vision), Hitman, etc.

PARKOUR!

I hate when games have more than one kind of zombies, like giant tentacle mouth zombies with four fingers mutant hand to climb better..

Other thing that's bothering me is why the character can carry so many weapons and still run so fast. (And I hate the shurikens)

Also how Gammlernoob said, the character got bitten and he don't seems to be worry about it, and on the fucking leg but he still runing like a cheetah! I would love if the game have an a stamina bar.

But I think that I would play it, seems kind of interesting to me. I like that slow motion thing when you run to see if you are being followed, and yeah, I like that "sense" seems pretty well done.

And I never play Dead Island, I see a some of let's play, but never got my attention.

Keep in mind it's pre-alpha so it's not feature complete, which is probably why the bite didn't seem to phase him.

I think it has the potential to be very good, but it's gonna be one of those "wait and sees" to me. I, like many other gamers, are "once bitten, twice shy (pun intended)" when it comes to game trailers. The age where you could judge a game by its trailer is long gone.

I got the distinct feeling that everything in this video was pre-setup so he'd have a course to run and some of the things looked like quicktime-esq events rather than actual gameplay. If everything we saw there was possible to do in general during the course of the game, it could be pretty neat.

So tl;dr I'm hoping it ends up being good but I'm not gonna sink any money into it until I watch the Zero Punctuation review.

I kind of like how they went into implementing some of the neat (And surprisingly working) Mirror's edge freerunning mechanics. The game feels MUCH like it, I suggest you try Mirror's Edge out if you never did.

Now, to the downside - of course, the bite and no affect from it. Dead Island wasn't shy to become garbage in the first couple minutes into the game, when someone says "He was bitten.. But he does not turn. Is he immune?" The whole "Immunity" thing in videogames about zombies is an UTTER bullshit. It's like - you get a perfect and well thought out mechanic that makes zombies an actual threat, and mechanic that works for well over decade of movies/games... Then you take this main mechanic, and TOSS it out of the window.

Games about zombies where you are immune do not have the right to advertise themselves as ones. It just takes away the full logic of the game in general - If people are immune, what are the odds that you will not be scared of encountering a zombie? If all people are immune, how are there thousands of zombies running around in the first place?!

Please, Techland. You dissapointed me once when I was hoping for you to bring an awesome zombie game. Don't do this again.

Now, to the downside - of course, the bite and no affect from it. Dead Island wasn't shy to become garbage in the first couple minutes into the game, when someone says "He was bitten.. But he does not turn. Is he immune?" The whole "Immunity" thing in videogames about zombies is an UTTER bullshit. It's like - you get a perfect and well thought out mechanic that makes zombies an actual threat, and mechanic that works for well over decade of movies/games... Then you take this main mechanic, and TOSS it out of the window.

Games about zombies where you are immune do not have the right to advertise themselves as ones. It just takes away the full logic of the game in general - If people are immune, what are the odds that you will not be scared of encountering a zombie? If all people are immune, how are there thousands of zombies running around in the first place?!

Please, Techland. You dissapointed me once when I was hoping for you to bring an awesome zombie game. Don't do this again.

This is usually just down to the developer not incorporating a mechanic that they feel isn't adding any fun to their game. Left4Dead is a casual game, how fun would it be if the 4 main characters were not immune? Not very fun I'd imagine considering the amount of restarts you'd have to do.

In The Last of Us game for example, there are quite a few parts in it were Joel should have been infected by the spores. Whether he's fighting a big flat bloater that's spewing spores at his face or he's entering an apartment block containing left over spores everywhere.

I'm not defending them for not putting the feature in (although its early yet) but usually it isn't as clear cut as "It's got Zombies - So it must have ALL Zombie lore features in it".

I hate the Dead Island series, dunno why people liked it

Hopefully, this game could be what the Dead Island Series was...

As Leo said, hope this is not a shitfest

Cannot wait for it though, would happily pirate it if it is bad :)

I actually liked Dead Island. It wasn't the game that it could've been but nonetheless I had pretty good times with it. In fact I played it yesterday.

This also looks pretty impressive for a pre-alpha game. As Rathlord said it's a "wait and see" situation.

Dead Island had a decent combat system. Everything else was a bit shit, but I loved the combat system.

Not really. The combat was "click click click wait". Alternatively, "click click wait click click wait repeat".
You do realise that every combat system can described like that?

Even Chivalry, which has a really good combat system to me

Dead Island had a decent combat system. Everything else was a bit shit, but I loved the combat system.

Not really. The combat was "click click click wait". Alternatively, "click click wait click click wait repeat".
You do realise that every combat system can described like that?

Even Chivalry, which has a really good combat system to me

I guess.

But this was aimless clicking.

But it had autoaim on the console.

ba bum tsch.

i liked dead island, it is not a simulation game like pz, though it still was fun, especially in coop with friends

I already can say i will like this game, but we'll see what the reviews and the gameplay videos say

Archived