Horde killing tactics?

Zimbie

I want to get into the warehouses next to the construction site in Muldraugh but there are too many darn zambies there, anyone have any tactics that won't get me killed, trolls i'm talking to you

I'm terrible at this game, so take it for what it's worth...

I like to keep killing them when I can, because I figure they're going to pile up if I don't. So I would favor some kind of attack instead of a distraction. If you run around on the perimeter, some (but not all) of them will notice you and chase. Lead them away, kill them, and come back for a few more. Yes, it will take all day.

I'd be curious to see what the experts recommend.

Run around on the road and keep spamming "Q"  till most are chasing you then run to the left(A,S) till you get to the bank or some other building. When you get to that building loop down and around it(s,d) and keep going till you hit some some houses. Once your at some house sneak/walk till the zombies are far behind then double back to the warehouse(or any building you want to loot using this method).

Ok, lets get realistic, I mean NEWBIE realistic, you don't want a horde after you because they make sounds luring even more after you. That would kinda make things worst. I usually try to make a picking off of them Lure one at a time and kill them in a distance where other zombie's won't hear the killing.

Simple.

• Make a campfire kit using 4 planks and a sheet.

• Have at least one book/magazine and a Lighter or Matches in your main inventory.

• Place the campfire kit down in a nice open area.

• Run around and use the shout command to draw a large horde.

• Kite them to the campfire area and quickly light the campfire.

• Draw the horde into the campfire and watch them burn and fall like flies.

Just take them down in number less than 5. Sneak, attack, fall back a little (still sneaking), kill off the ones coming at you, repeat. Just remember to watch your back, and sides, and most importantly the front. (fedora)

I usually end up pulling them one at a time (maybe two) and taking them down with a kitchen knife/baseball bat backup combo.  Once I get enough ammo to reload a pistol a few times, I'll kill as many as I can, run away, then loop back and pick off the stragglers with melee.  Rinse and repeat.  I'll be excited to see bombs/molotovs and other ways to deal with multiple zombies at once.

Oh!  And as of my last game or so, I've decided that it's not a good idea to engage crawlers in melee, no matter how prepared you think you are.  My new plan is to kill all zombies but the crawlers and save some bullets for crawler cleanup afterward.  They don't move fast enough to catch you, and they're too dangerous to get close to.  Too bad you can't amputate your own foot after you're bitten, though that would certainly lead to other problems...  :)

Shotgun, lots of shells and kiting the horde to a pre-selected, pre-cleared up chokepoint.

I'm with you on this one man, I have boxes on boxes of shotgun ammo. But, depending on if the horde is near a high priority place or not. 

If they aren't in a high priority place, I will just grab all of them with the Q button and find the closest wooded area.

I usually end up pulling them one at a time (maybe two) and taking them down with a kitchen knife/baseball bat backup combo.  Once I get enough ammo to reload a pistol a few times, I'll kill as many as I can, run away, then loop back and pick off the stragglers with melee.  Rinse and repeat.  I'll be excited to see bombs/molotovs and other ways to deal with multiple zombies at once.

Oh!  And as of my last game or so, I've decided that it's not a good idea to engage crawlers in melee, no matter how prepared you think you are.  My new plan is to kill all zombies but the crawlers and save some bullets for crawler cleanup afterward.  They don't move fast enough to catch you, and they're too dangerous to get close to.  Too bad you can't amputate your own foot after you're bitten, though that would certainly lead to other problems...   :)

What about pit-traps? That would be really funny!

I would recommed to get some practice with hotkeys (turn melee weapons to ranged and viceversa) and attack without fear. Fire some bullets to compact groups, retreat and kill groups of 3-4 with and axe or bat. Try to fight in open areas and move constantly, if you feel that is too dangerous just run and try from another position, it's just about time, you'll kill them ALL. Mostly of my deaths are inside buildings or in a close spots, don't be afraid of fight on open areas.

Be fun!

Shotgun, lots of shells and kiting the horde to a pre-selected, pre-cleared up chokepoint.

Aye. Drake and I cleaned out  a nice big horde with just a shotgun and 40 rounds.

Won't work if on insane zombies, though . . . don't even try it.

Can confirm that it does, just start out with 2 boxes of 9mm ammo to draw the zombies in. Then use about ~3 boxes of shells to clear out most of the horde. Maybe use 2 more boxes of 9mm so you can be comfortable in killing off the remnants with an axe.

Protip: bring 2 axes, 2 pistols and a bunch of extra ammo just in case.