FORUM TEST RELEASE: Project Zomboid - Version 2.9.9.11

RobertJohnson

Does this test release have the coveted water barrel for catching rain? I'm looking but I can't seem to find it in the build menu :(

In the furniture submenu :)

how do you tie together 2 sheets rope for a 1th floor exit?

Zombie are much more aware and notice you from further away( i think) .   They do even a little wonder on their own sometimes, but  they do get stuck on thin air at times.

You don't need to do that, just take 2 sheets in your inventory and right click a window -> add sheet rope :)

• Added wanderer zombie, so they will not just stand still, they have a chance to walk a bit (more chance during rain)

Can I just add that this is an amazing addition to the gameplay. Thanks a lot for this, makes the game feel a LOT more dynamic.

Hopefully if you get chance you can work on a few more things like this. :)

It would be really nice if zombies became active at night or after a prolonged period of ingame time to make you more fearful. I would also like to see the random chance (small chance) for a running zombie after playing for a long time to increase difficulty end game.

Right so, 5 minutes in try to run from a hoard & BANG! invisible wall.... Ive read theyre hard to re-create so understanding & removing them will be difficult but none the less, still present....

Bangs head off wall. :( FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUU!

Right so, 5 minutes in try to run from a hoard & BANG! invisible wall.... Ive read theyre hard to re-create so understanding & removing them will be difficult but none the less, still present....

Im yet to run into an invisible wall even from the previous version

So i mashed the E key to get into a window and my char broke it

Mashing E to break a window has been a feature for a very long time. To have your character try open a window intact, you press E. Repeatedly hammering E makes your character break the window. Holding E down for a bit has the character climb through.

2.9.9.10 for me had about 25-35 fps with spikes

this build 15-30 with spikes of about 5fps when inside then motel in an upstairs room with zombies milling about below.

i checked my driver and java versions just now

Im yet to run into an invisible wall even from the previous version

I recorded it happening in 2.9.9.10 just yesterday, watch it here:-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t38UmgDHW9c

In fact the other Video "Proof of colds" shows another invisible wall (sprinting skill related).... twice actually, most notably when I almost get bit after deciding its time to bail

Edited by ExcentriCreation

I got a bug, or at least I think it is,

I managed to get a hand on some scissors and went into a house were a lovely zed was waiting for me, anyway after stabbing him multiple times he wouldnt die, so I just kept stabbing and then it crashed, to game menu, where the world file is now called TestWorld_crash

anyway when I try to go on the world again it just won't load, anyway starting new world I guess lol =)

I got a bug, or at least I think it is,

I managed to get a hand on some scissors and went into a house were a lovely zed was waiting for me, anyway after stabbing him multiple times he wouldnt die, so I just kept stabbing and then it crashed, to game menu, where the world file is now called TestWorld_crash

anyway when I try to go on the world again it just won't load, anyway starting new world I guess lol =)

When reporting such things, please see if the cmd window shows any errors and post them here. Would be quite helpful in most cases

Bangs head off wall. :( FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUU!

I played the crap out of 2.9.9.10, think I could write a book on glitches & exploits but the forums were packed already.... Point being I've run into them a lot & am use to them  :???:  USUALLY only happens with large local zombie population or with high level sprinting skill (seriously OP in my opinion)