Project Zomboid Map Project

I find it making personal POI's and then selecting them via POI tab will cause the map to black out.

Confirmed.

Ouch... I'll look into it.

Are we able to download updates to versions of the 20+GB offline maps? I would hate to have to download another one in a few weeks due to addon to the PZ map.

The "pzmap_offline_20140410" version to be more specific.

Usually, the new versions contain complete new versions of the maps anyway, so you'd probably save only a few MB on an update.

For example, if - as announced - the map will continue to the north (beyond West Point), the isometric nature of the map will cause the rest of the map to shift "down". That will cause _all_ tiles to be entirely different.

You'd only save a few MB on the Challenge maps.

Seem to get an error eveytime i try to open the index file. I have tried in Chrome, Firefox, Safari for windows, and Internet Explorer

"unable to open [object Object]: HTTP 0 attempting to load TileSource"

Huh, that's a strange one. I used to have this for a short while when the tile directory was missing. Can't recreate this, either.

Can you install Firebug in Firefox and activate it so it tells you where this error happens?

Yes sure i have it installed, where does it show errors or do you just want me to go through everything till something looks wrong? Because under console>errors nothing is there.

Edit:

All i see under console>all is "AJAX request returned 0: maps/Survival/map.xml        jquery-1.9.1.js (line 2173)"

Nothing highlighted in red anywhere else, just some red lettering. 

In Chrome i get "XMLHttpRequest cannot load file:///C:/Users/"MYUSERNAME"/Desktop/pz/pzmap_offline_20140410/pzmap_offline_20140410/openseadragon.js?_=1398346673362. Received an invalid response. Origin 'null' is therefore not allowed access"

Edited by Kidlonewolf

Small thing I noticed, no idea if this was mentioned already or not... If yes, sorry. But the Gun-Shop in West Point only has red questionmarks instead of the actual Shutters for me.

Which can be seen here:

8lVLc.png

Not sure what went wrong there or if that's a wanted thing, but I thought I might point it out.

Yes sure i have it installed, where does it show errors or do you just want me to go through everything till something looks wrong? Because under console>errors nothing is there.

Edit:

All i see under console>all is "AJAX request returned 0: maps/Survival/map.xml        jquery-1.9.1.js (line 2173)"

Nothing highlighted in red anywhere else, just some red lettering. 

In Chrome i get "XMLHttpRequest cannot load file:///C:/Users/"MYUSERNAME"/Desktop/pz/pzmap_offline_20140410/pzmap_offline_20140410/openseadragon.js?_=1398346673362. Received an invalid response. Origin 'null' is therefore not allowed access"

Ah, offline version. Hmm... I'll look into it.

Why are there random floating scroll bars here (http://pzmap.crash-override.net/#0.6500112302978,0.05261336620223412,113.31803745860456)? I tried refreshing and they still stay there. Idk if that is a glitch for me or an error on the mapping.

Also I still plan on mapping out the insides of all the buildings (two maps per building; one showing the walls, and one showing through the walls like when you walk behind a wall.), but it will be quite a while before I start. I just wish I had more time.

*cough* *hack* *breathe*

*puts on black sunglasses*

*puts up yellow "POLICE LINE - DO NOT CROSS" tape*

Please go on, nothing to see here!

Seriously: I guess I fscked up there :-(

Will be fixed soon(-ish)

Small thing I noticed, no idea if this was mentioned already or not... If yes, sorry. But the Gun-Shop in West Point only has red questionmarks instead of the actual Shutters for me.

Which can be seen here:

8lVLc.png

Not sure what went wrong there or if that's a wanted thing, but I thought I might point it out.

Ah, yeah, I wanted to resketch that soon.

Seem to get an error eveytime i try to open the index file. I have tried in Chrome, Firefox, Safari for windows, and Internet Explorer

Map_error.jpg

I just found the error and a fix, too. Download http://pzmap.crash-override.net/openseadragon.js and drop it into your offline folder. This will fix the issue (also fixed for all future versions).

I'll remember it :-)

I am unable to get the page to load, getting the same error with unable to open[object Object] Unable to load TileSource. When inspecting it with Firebug, the code below is the only highlighted code. I have that js file in every single mozilla cache folder and still nothing. Restarted firefox and nothing.

By the way, this error only happens when I am trying to load the Muldraugh + Westpoint map, all the others load without an issue

- <div style="background: none repeat scroll 0% 0% transparent; border: medium none; margin: 0px; padding: 0px; position: absolute; width: 100%; height: 100%; overflow: hidden; top: 0px; left: 0px;" class="openseadragon-canvas"></div> -

Added - to the paste of the code cause it was not displaying it.

I am unable to get the page to load, getting the same error with unable to open[object Object] Unable to load TileSource. When inspecting it with Firebug, the code below is the only highlighted code. I have that js file in every single mozilla cache folder and still nothing. Restarted firefox and nothing.

By the way, this error only happens when I am trying to load the Muldraugh + Westpoint map, all the others load without an issue

- <div style="background: none repeat scroll 0% 0% transparent; border: medium none; margin: 0px; padding: 0px; position: absolute; width: 100%; height: 100%; overflow: hidden; top: 0px; left: 0px;" class="openseadragon-canvas"></div> -

Added - to the paste of the code cause it was not displaying it.

Did you download the openseadragon.js file and replace the file with the same name in your downloaded version?

Ah I figured out that I never downloaded the offline version, was only using the url, and I copied the js file into the offline folders. If it helps, it works normally in IE but not firefox.

Edited: Suddenly its working on its own on firefox. Strange

Ah I figured out that I never downloaded the offline version, was only using the url, and I copied the js file into the offline folders. If it helps, it works normally in IE but not firefox.

Edited: Suddenly its working on its own on firefox. Strange

Okay, I have now totally lost your train of thought...

Can you please clarify:

- What are you viewing?

- What did you download?

- Where did you put what?

- Huh?

Map_error.jpg

I just found the error and a fix, too. Download http://pzmap.crash-override.net/openseadragon.js and drop it into your offline folder. This will fix the issue (also fixed for all future versions).

Sorry Download it how? It is just text correct? 

Yes, it's a javascript file. Save it in the extracted directory of the offline map.

Yes, it's a javascript file. Save it in the extracted directory of the offline map.

Unfortunately i still can't load the map index in google chrome, well it loads up to all the maps on the right side to select but selecting any of them does nothing. The only error i get is this one. Also it does work with firefox.  

XMLHttpRequest cannot load file:///C:/Users/Admin/Desktop/pz/pzmap_offline_20140410/openseadragon.js?_=1399585089601. Received an invalid response. Origin 'null' is therefore not allowed access.

event.returnValue is deprecated. Please use the standard event.preventDefault() instead.

• 4 weeks later...

The thing you did where you stitched the pictures together to make the original map, can you link me to like a tutorial video or something to help me out starting that. I still want to map out the insides of all the buildings when I finally get the time (I will admit to some lolly-gagging or what have you, but I will get to this at some point). I plan to map out the insides of each building twice, one to show with the walls still visible and another to show behind all the walls. Plus some stuff to show behind other walls and such found on the map if I still feel like it after all the other mapping is done.

I'm using a bunch of custom scripts and programs for that purpose. You can find my patched PZWorldEd at https://github.com/blind-coder/pzworlded and the script I use to create the tiles at https://github.com/blind-coder/deepzoom-utils

You should use a custom-compiled imagemagick with quantum-depth 8 and no OpenMP support for this.

The script I used for actual stitching is not public atm, because, honestly, it's practically unusable unless you know what and how it does it. Maybe sometime soon...

When it's ready! Making a map like this takes a lot of work, processing time, and upload time.

My words exactly.