Project Zomboid Map Project

The base file, level 0 and the extentions. So the first 3. I've extacted them all and taken the map folder and placed it in the folder with the index file in it.

Hmm, strange. which Browser do you use? I know that Chrome makes some trouble since recently with the offline version.

Ok so I am trying with FireFox now and I get POI dots etc. but I get the following where the tiles should show.

Unable to open [Object object]: HTTP 200 attempting to load TileSource

Hrrm, that's actually an old error message that was in the 2014 download, the 2015 should have that fixed.

Try downloading http://pzmap.crash-override.net/openseadragon.js and putting it into your downloaded version.

yeah I'd been back through the forums and saw that and tried it too.  Tried the link you provided and still no joy.  when I download it though windows says "The publisher of openseadragon.js couldn't be verified." but still I move the tile and overwrite the old and still no map.  Sorry to be a pain. 

yeah I'd been back through the forums and saw that and tried it too.  Tried the link you provided and still no joy.  when I download it though windows says "The publisher of openseadragon.js couldn't be verified." but still I move the tile and overwrite the old and still no map.  Sorry to be a pain. 

Ah, sorry, it's not "openseadragon.js" but "openseadragon.min.js" (link: http://pzmap.crash-override.net/openseadragon.min.js).

If that doesn't work, try download the index.html from here: http://pzmap.crash-override.net/dev/index.html and try again.

Ok, very strange.  I couldn't get the first link to work as I kept getting the 404 error page could not be loaded.  I went to the second link and then file "Save as" and then copied the HTML from there into the folder.  This new link works in Internet Explorer but not Fire Fox.  When I say it works though I mean the map displays but only on "Level 0" and no POI display.  I'm not too concerned with the POI's or levels just glad to see it work.  But any help with getting the POI's functional would help too.

Thank your for your assistance thus far though. 

Ok, very strange.  I couldn't get the first link to work as I kept getting the 404 error page could not be loaded.  I went to the second link and then file "Save as" and then copied the HTML from there into the folder.  This new link works in Internet Explorer but not Fire Fox.  When I say it works though I mean the map displays but only on "Level 0" and no POI display.  I'm not too concerned with the POI's or levels just glad to see it work.  But any help with getting the POI's functional would help too.

Thank your for your assistance thus far though. 

Okay, that's great news :-)

Strange that only Level 0 works, though. I'll look into it when I get the time and post any progress here.

• 1 month later...

Unfortunately I can't get the downloaded files to work either (the online version works).

I've downloaded all the torrent files including the mandatory page as well as all maps and challenge maps. 
So basically I made a base folder named PZmap, inside that folder are the folders "fonts", "images", "maps" and "socialshareprivacy" and among lots of other files, the index.html is also in that base PZmap folder.

Inside the "maps" folder I got a couple more folders called "SurvivalL0" all the way to "SurvivalL7" and inside the SurvivalL0 folder I got another folder called "map_files", as well as "extra.json", "overlays.json", "overlays_old.json" and "overview.jgp" - all the other survival folders just got a folder also named "map_files" as well as a map.xml.

I tried chrome, internet explorer and even opera to open the index.html file in the base folder, but all I get it is the interface that's at the top, the left and the bottom with only black where the map should be. Is there any error in the way I set it up? Any suggestions how I might fix it? Are there possibly any dependencies I need to have installed without which it will not work? I got the XNA Framework 4.0 and the .NET Framework 4.5, and I got the Flash Player 17 in my Programs and features list, anything else I need?

You should need neither of these frameworks as the map is pure javascript.

Please try the following in Firefox:

Open the map

Press F12

Select "Console" (sometimes also called "Error Log")

Reload the page (F5 or Ctrl-R)

You should hopefully get a usable error message in the Console now.

I did that, here's what came out. No idea what to make of it though.
Strangely firefox is the only browser showing the default blue points of interest, but they are all lined up in a row along the top edge of where the map should be.

firefox_log.jpg

"Access to restricted URL denied"

That's the problem right there.

You can either start a local webserver and serve pzmap from there (nothing fancy needed, it's just plain files). Or you can try downloading http://pzmap.crash-override.net/index.html manually

Or you can try the torrent I just packed: http://pzmap.crash-override.net/torrent/pzmap_offline_20150529.tar.bz2.torrent

This should include a working version. If you could confirm that, that would be great :-)

Edited by blindcoder

I didn't "start a local webserver" because I've no idea how to do it, I tried both of the other methods though and neither works.

In both cases I still get the "Access to restricted URL denied" message in firefox. I tried the torrent and I also tried saving the whole website via right click and then I even used HTTrack website copier to make absolutely sure I really download the whole page but it simply doesn't work. Now curiously if I simply right-click on the live page and save the website this way, then the blue POI are where they actually should be placed relative to each other, there is simply no map below it. This has not been the case before with any other method...

Obviously I also put the "maps" folder to where I saved the webpage aka. where I put the torrent.  :shock: 
Any other ideas I could try?

• 1 month later...

Will there be an update for the new map in "you have one day" challenge? It is based of the original map from before mudlfruagh. I am assuming yes but I thought it could not hurt to ask.

Thanks for the info. I didn't check the challenges maps.

• 4 weeks later...

UPDATE

I have finally managed to read savegame files and turn them into Maps!

Thanks to the wonderful zhrike and ManBearPig who gave me permission to show off the savegame of the Alexandria server:

http://pzmap.crash-override.net/?desc=Alexandria20150722L0

AWESOME :D

ps; what's with all those purple trees :o

WOW WOW WOW !!! the sites zomming & loading is like 10x faster then before ! :D

• 1 month later...

Hey there, blindcoder! Before I begin, let me just say, again, thanks for your ongoing efforts in general around Project Zomboid; the multiple things you've created for this game are astounding, and many can't play without your work.

Which leads me to my current problem: I am at the moment without internet at home, and as such cannot use my pc to view your wonderful map. I've tried accessing it on my phone, but to be frank it's far too laggy to even be usable.

I checked out the download for the offline map, and it seems to be extremely massive (a few dozen gigs, if I'm not mistaken). Given that I've got 2g of storage, I'm unable to download said files on my phone at all. This has left me in the annoyed position of trying to squint and read tiny maps from Google Images.

I was just wondering if you have a smaller (few hundred mb, perhaps?), less versatile offline map available for the community? I searched through this thread for a bit and found one a while back, but the torrent seems to be dead in the water.

Again, thanks for all your efforts so far; keep up the good work! :)

Hey there, blindcoder! Before I begin, let me just say, again, thanks for your ongoing efforts in general around Project Zomboid; the multiple things you've created for this game are astounding, and many can't play without your work.

Which leads me to my current problem: I am at the moment without internet at home, and as such cannot use my pc to view your wonderful map. I've tried accessing it on my phone, but to be frank it's far too laggy to even be usable.

I checked out the download for the offline map, and it seems to be extremely massive (a few dozen gigs, if I'm not mistaken). Given that I've got 2g of storage, I'm unable to download said files on my phone at all. This has left me in the annoyed position of trying to squint and read tiny maps from Google Images.

I was just wondering if you have a smaller (few hundred mb, perhaps?), less versatile offline map available for the community? I searched through this thread for a bit and found one a while back, but the torrent seems to be dead in the water.

Again, thanks for all your efforts so far; keep up the good work! :)

I have a 68MB version of the entire map scaled down to 3.125% (1:32) of the original size, but it's ancient (June 2014).

If that's okay for you I can send you a download link, or I can try to get a new one made but it'll be a day or two.

I have a 68MB version of the entire map scaled down to 3.125% (1:32) of the original size, but it's ancient (June 2014).

If that's okay for you I can send you a download link, or I can try to get a new one made but it'll be a day or two.

Honestly, whatever works better for you. I realize my situation is somewhat unique, so I appreciate you taking the time to help me out either way. I'd hate for you to go far out of your way creating something just for such rare circumstances as mine.