Project Zomboid Map Project

can you take a great picture of each city?

the offline version is too big and the 50 ~ 80MB high definition pictures is better to scratch over

If you have a good Bittorrent client, you can just uncheck the bigger layers and only download map_files/0 through 17 or 18 which wil already give you a pretty good view.

Making images of specific areas is pretty difficult with the current setup, I'm afraid.

its inside a .tar file, i cannot choose what download inside a package

Ah, I forgot... 'd previously made a big image downloadable at 3.125% of full size, would that help you?

can you take a great picture of each city?

the offline version is too big and the 50 ~ 80MB high definition pictures is better to scratch over

If you have a good Bittorrent client, you can just uncheck the bigger layers and only download map_files/0 through 17 or 18 which wil already give you a pretty good view.

Making images of specific areas is pretty difficult with the current setup, I'm afraid.

its inside a .tar file, i cannot choose what download inside a package

Ah, I forgot... 'd previously made a big image downloadable at 3.125% of full size, would that help you?

Sure, thx for help

UPDATE

I have updated the # parser a bit more for it to allow links directly to coordinates in the map. To link to Twiggy's you can then use:

http://pzmap.crash-override.net/?desc=SurvivalL0#12059x6793

To ease creating these links, the "Coords: " indicator on the left panel has become a link to the displayed coords. You can thus use the "Lock Coords" option to select a tile, then share the link vial the displayed Coords indicator.

Enjoy!

UPDATE

Dear all.

I have recently been too busy to wade through the POIs on the PZ Map myself.

This is why I have written a POI Manager website. This is a small-ish site that all newly submitted POIs will go to.

Everyone can vote on POIs (upvote or downvote) to help bring them to or prevent them from appearing on the maps. You have 5 votes per day, so use them wisely.

To help foster a productive experience for everyone, I have also implemented a Slashdot-like Meta-Vote system. Every week you get up to 5 Meta-Votes where you can vote on whether you agree or disagree with someone elses vote. You will not see who cast that vote, though.

If you agree with the vote, all future votes of that user will be worth more. If you disagree, they will be worth less.

Please don't make me implement a meta-meta-vote system.

The final word on whether a POI appears or not will still be with me or one of the - yet to be appointed - moderators.

I hope you agree with me that this is a good idea. If not, I'd still like to hear why.

Enjoy!

Sounds like a good idea, I do not understand the purpose of the meta vote system. I thought the point of the voting system was to filter out 'bad' votes. Just seems a little redundant to me but maybe I am missing the point.

The idea is to have users with a good "reputation" have their votes weigh more and vice-versa. I hope that this keeps out people "grouping up" to push a bunch of spam POIs.

unsure why, but all i get when i open the map is black space, no map anywhere

i can bring up the community maps individually, but not the main map. clicking the POI tabs has no effect

edit: Firefox is a no go, but it works on IE

unsure why, but all i get when i open the map is black space, no map anywhere

i can bring up the community maps individually, but not the main map. clicking the POI tabs has no effect

edit: Firefox is a no go, but it works on IE

Have you tried clearing your cache? There was a change to the overlays.json fileformat that could cause that.

Try force-reloading the following files:

http://pzmap.crash-override.net/maps/SurvivalL0/overlays.json

http://pzmap.crash-override.net/pzmap.js

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Could someone tell me how to use the offline map? I downloaded 2 different 30 GiB versions and I still have no idea how to use it.

You also need the base package (http://pzmap.crash-override.net/torrent/pzmap_offline_20141022.tar.torrent) which contains the website. Then you extract both into the same directory and open the index.html with a webbrowser.

I have both of those files. I extracted them into the same folder. When I try either of the index.html files, it brings up the browser, the layout, two rows of blue points and: Unable to open [object Object]: HTTP 200 attempting to load tilesource

I tried with both Firefox and IE; IE doesn't even give me the blue dots.

I have both of those files. I extracted them into the same folder. When I try either of the index.html files, it brings up the browser, the layout, two rows of blue points and: Unable to open [object Object]: HTTP 200 attempting to load tilesource

I tried with both Firefox and IE; IE doesn't even give me the blue dots.

Ah, yeah, I remember that. Please download the following files and replace the file of the same name in your download with it

http://pzmap.crash-override.net/openseadragon.js

http://pzmap.crash-override.net/openseadragon.min.js

Hum.

I saved the texts in notepad ++ files and replaced them in the website (smaller) file, then the maps? (bigger file) then I changed them both.

No change to the notice I'm receiving, and no map yet either.

I'm going to re-download the files from your update. I'll let you know if they work.

Hello everyone!

Just a quick reminder, if you want to help make the map a better place, help out on the POI Manager! Submit new POIs for submission, vote on other peoples submitted POIs and meta-vote other peoples decisions!

The more you help out here, the faster new POIs will appear and the better quality they are!

Thanks for everyone helping out!

• 3 weeks later...

Great maps, blindcoder (and all contributors, of course). I use these pretty much constantly, as I'm sure most players do. I would have no idea what the maps look like were it not for your efforts. No questions or complaints, just dropping by to thank you for all your hard work. Its appreciated. :)

Fantastic work on creating the maps, they are amazingly helpful to newer players finding there way around the cities. I am currently trying to get the offline maps to work also, I have extracted them all into the same directory but it does not show any of the map tiles. Any help would be appreciated, many thanks again for your awesome work.

Fantastic work on creating the maps, they are amazingly helpful to newer players finding there way around the cities. I am currently trying to get the offline maps to work also, I have extracted them all into the same directory but it does not show any of the map tiles. Any help would be appreciated, many thanks again for your awesome work.

Hi.

Great that they help you :-)

Can you tell me which torrents you downloaded, where you extracted them and how you are trying to access  them?