A request

Sooner535

Again in the broader argument another reason as to why this kind of request is dangerous is that its tailored to the way that one individual sees and practices their religion.  The next guy might have a problem with X but not a problem with Y.  I agree that the best way to solve this is through a mod.  

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually, I would enjoy it that way, what if there was an additional religious trait to NPC players, I'm not asking to be able to convert NPCs or anything, but that might actually account for this that might be an even better way to solve it, that really interests me

EDIT: @ Deprav btw

Actually, I would enjoy it that way, what if there was an additional religious trait to NPC players, I'm not asking to be able to convert NPCs or anything, but that might actually account for this that might be an even better way to solve it, that really interests me

EDIT: @ Deprav btw

Pretty big change of heart, considering your first post wanted it completely removed due you finding it extremely offensive. Not sure i get your logic, but whatever floats your boat i guess. ^^

It's extremely offensive, but think about it. This way I can surround my self with stuff I like while still allowing others to play. Keep in mind I'd rather it be removed as a whole but, as a compromise I believe this as the most acceptable

I see now what your looking at that may have come off as misleading lol, sometimes I don't get a point across. I'd like the feature of religiously inclined characters because it'd be good for the game, me myself and I hope other christians will use the no God in vain mod but what I meant was that it would be more acceptable to have that in the event of not being able to remove it at all sorry sometimes I can't text properly -.-

EDIT: yup I didn't do a good job of conveying that, point being is that would be a better addition to the game in my opinion see what I'm saying? (If you still don't it's mk sometimes I'm hard to follow lol)

I have some friends who are christian and they swear like sailors ("Oh my fucking god?!")

However, as stated quite some times, this is something that's ideally done in terms of a modification.

A pink-glasses-option is kind of out of place in video games that contain quite some violence.

I edited your post and added some spaces and stuff...it was really hard to read.

It would be a very very bad idea for the devs to add any sort of filter to the game or any option for NPCs to be of any religion, because people of other religions would wish for the same treatment, and the devs wouldn't be able to turn down the other demands because then they would face accusations of being biased to certain religions. Due to the nature of the game and how sensitive some religious people can be, religion should be kept from influencing the game.

You see. Although your. Request is completely respectable, it does not entirely make sense. You see in the real world, not everyone you come across will be to your liking and (in your position) may use words you don't like (like taking gods name in vain) and to be honest, don't give a crap if you like what you like. now in game it's the same idea, these are supposed to be entirely random people . These people are supposed to act the same way people would, now removing that 'feature' of realism would be unwanted by most. Your best bet is to just wait for a mod mate, sorry

It would be a very very bad idea for the devs to add any sort of filter to the game or any option for NPCs to be of any religion, because people of other religions would wish for the same treatment, and the devs wouldn't be able to turn down the other demands because then they would face accusations of being biased to certain religions. Due to the nature of the game and how sensitive some religious people can be, religion should be kept from influencing the game.

Jesus' name is 'used in vain,' but not 'Muhammad' or 'Buddha'. So isn't it safe to say its already 'biased to certain religions' ?

Jesus' name is 'used in vain,' but not 'Muhammad' or 'Buddha'. So isn't it safe to say its already 'biased to certain religions' ?

Many games, are biased. PZ is trying to be realistic, and due to the culture of the area of Mauldraugh, people would probably say words like "Jesus" and "God" but they would not normally say any other words relating to other religions.

EDIT: I'm going to leave this topic. It seems to not be advancing in any positive way. Sooner, you could ask a modder, to implement your idea in a mod, or try to mod it in yourself. Good luck with your idea. :)

Haven't really read the discussion as am on my phone, but we'll likely introduce religious characters to the PZ stories who'll be upset at the language too, in all honesty. After all there are a lot of people of faith in Kentucky, and we already feature churches etc.

Jesus' name is 'used in vain,' but not 'Muhammad' or 'Buddha'. So isn't it safe to say its already 'biased to certain religions' ?

"Oh my Buddha" doesn't have the same ring to it,

It happens people do it in everyday life I know if I was in a zombie apocalypse I'd be going of my god and for Christ sake

Real people do it, it's meant to be realistic

Ya the whole Buddha thing and such lol just lol, I understand why they use God because it's easily the most common name in religion (no offense to any other religion) I'm glad to hear that mr. Dev man lol well I must be honest it does sadden me a bit that there will be use of this, but at least it's no longer a must for myself so I must say my dilemma was solved so I thank you all extremely :)

Having recently re-watched HBO's Rome series (in preparation for Total War: Rome II, obviously), I'd be quite happy to throw such lovely Roman epithets such as describing a sunny day as "hotter than Vulcan's dick!", exclaiming "Sons of Dis!" when annoyed and telling enemy NPCs to "suck Juno's cock!". Apologies to any offence caused to Polytheists or by colourful language ;).