What have you been playing?

Austin

*looks around*

*hides under table*

*whispers*

Infestation: Survivor Stories

Don't hate me :'(

I personally like the game, just buggy atm and will be better in future updates.

-Stimixs

I haven't tried it yet but I bought it when it was less than $4 during Steam summer sale.  I watched a review where a person who had admitted to thinking it sucked ended up saying it wasn't bad after he gave it a chance.  It seems to do several things right actually.  Also, during that review some of the environment looked really great.  I also liked how you would be approaching an area and from a distance you could see a horde roaming around that location, and it just looked like it was done perfectly.  That sense of you being able to see a realistic distance, seeing that horde and deciding whether or not you could make it past.  That seemed so much better than most zombie games that always rely on surprise moments.

I haven't tried it yet but I bought it when it was less than $4 during Steam summer sale.  I watched a review where a person who had admitted to thinking it sucked ended up saying it wasn't bad after he gave it a chance.  It seems to do several things right actually.  Also, during that review some of the environment looked really great.  I also liked how you would be approaching an area and from a distance you could see a horde roaming around that location, and it just looked like it was done perfectly.  That sense of you being able to see a realistic distance, seeing that horde and deciding whether or not you could make it past.  That seemed so much better than most zombie games that always rely on surprise moments.

I remember trying out the game.. (pirated it).. I was running through a field and I was killed by someone like a mile away with an assault rifle. I don't like that game for a reason.

• 2 weeks later...

Been getting back into Skyrim on the Xbox. I had a spare 400 points on my account too so I got Hearthfire and it was neat building a house. Then I made a suit of mega-pimp ebony armor with 100 smithing, enchanting, and potions so now I can cast destruction spells for no magicka cost and do +120% one-handed damage. It tickles me when a bandit is still saying "I'm going to love looting your dead body!" while their head flies through the air. Derkeethus is a pretty cool companion too since he can't die, and he's the only Argonian follower. Going to be playing Dungeon Crawl: Stone Soup later, too.

I'm just getting into Dwarf Fortress. Can't believe it took me this long- it's pretty awesome.

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=59026.0

Here's the Lazy Newb Pack for DF, it's a collection of mods and tile packs put in a convenient launcher. It's got soundsense which I highly recommend because Simon Swerer's guitar picking is dare I say, totally wicked-gnarly radical. I really do need to email him to see if he'd give me tabs. Plus Dwarf Therapist helps with those 30-immigrant waves. Hope this improves your DF experience :)

With Payday 2 set for release tomorrow, I reckon I'll be playing that whenever I get the chance for the foreseeable future.

I pre-ordered that and I plan on robbing some banks with my friends :). I plan on playing as the Mastermind.

I'm into stealth, but I have a hard time believing I'll ever be able to manage a great stealth run with random strangers.

With Payday 2 set for release tomorrow, I reckon I'll be playing that whenever I get the chance for the foreseeable future.

I pre-ordered that and I plan on robbing some banks with my friends :). I plan on playing as the Mastermind.

I'm into stealth, but I have a hard time believing I'll ever be able to manage a great stealth run with random strangers.

I also get the felling that they would be less likely to co-operate than friends would, If you run into a team of enforcers you know they probably aren't planning on stealth.

I'm just getting into Dwarf Fortress. Can't believe it took me this long- it's pretty awesome.

Yay DF! I love that game. A lot. Its number one on my game-list. Sorry, Zomboiders. I recently got back into playing it. And then got angry at adventure mode when my Legendary Wrestler got insta-kill-head-punched by a bandit... So now I shall build a Dwarven Star Fort. Complete with lava moats. And maybe a coliseum. Sigh. The joy. Also, don't use DFHack. It will make you feel guilty and it's addictive. Like drugs. Not that I'd know. really, I wouldn't.

This thread is turning into 'How many times can I talk about Dwarf Fortress?'...

It'd be fun to do a succession game with the PZ community. Would anyone be up for that? I assume, Rathlord, you would want to get more of the hang of it first? :)

Yay DF! I love that game. A lot. Its number one on my game-list. Sorry, Zomboiders. I recently got back into playing it. And then got angry at adventure mode when my Legendary Wrestler got insta-kill-head-punched by a bandit... So now I shall build a Dwarven Star Fort. Complete with lava moats. And maybe a coliseum. Sigh. The joy. Also, don't use DFHack. It will make you feel guilty and it's addictive. Like drugs. Not that I'd know. really, I wouldn't.

This thread is turning into 'How many times can I talk about Dwarf Fortress?'...

It'd be fun to do a succession game with the PZ community. Would anyone be up for that? I assume, Rathlord, you would want to get more of the hang of it first? :)

Well, i'm going to have to come out and say this... I have never played Dwarf Fortress 

:oops:

I had been waiting for papers please for a long time, and it was well worth the wait. 

Been playing Fez these days, going to play the new DLC for dishonored tomorrow.

I once tried to play Dwarf Fortress but I was not able to really get into it.

It is quite confusing and hard for someone who is new to it. Might look into it at some point in the future though...

It is indeed confusing, and hard to get into. The interface borders on terrible in the eyes of some. But it is well worth the effort, in my opinion. It has depth that no other games (That I know of, at least.) do. (if there are others, I'd love to know about them :) )

The wiki is great, and has an excellent Beginner's Guide!

I really should probably stop talking about Dwarf Fortress..

Edit: quote added