What have you been playing?

Austin

Well, I haven't been able to zoom around the forums for a while because of current events in my life. But, I have recently been spending a lot of my hours playing Civilization V and XCOM - Enemy Unknown. Today I came to visit the forums and see what's going on and I found out we have a new forum! 

Anyway, what have you all been playing lately?

What is Baldur's Gate like? Also, I bought Under The Ocean but I can't even hit 10 fps...  :cry:

Depending on when you bought Under the Ocean give it another shot. They just added a good bit of performance upgrades, so you may find it better.

Baldur's Gate is obviously a very old game, but it is absolutely one of the best RPG's out there. As someone who also enjoys pen and paper D&D it's just fantastic for me, but it was basically the "Mass Effect" of my generation in terms of quality/fun/story.

Depending on when you bought Under the Ocean give it another shot. They just added a good bit of performance upgrades, so you may find it better.

Baldur's Gate is obviously a very old game, but it is absolutely one of the best RPG's out there. As someone who also enjoys pen and paper D&D it's just fantastic for me, but it was basically the "Mass Effect" of my generation in terms of quality/fun/story.

Well that's weird, I got the game recently during the summer sale. Any tips on how I could increase my FPS?

Well that's weird, I got the game recently during the summer sale. Any tips on how I could increase my FPS?

Make sure you're playing at the lowest graphics options (during startup) and play in fullscreen mode (easier on your computer for the most part). Also close background applications, I've heard Skype particularly can cause trouble for whatever reason. I believe this game is made in the Unity engine- possibly it falls back on using lots of CPU rather than GPU?

Make sure you're playing at the lowest graphics options (during startup) and play in fullscreen mode (easier on your computer for the most part). Also close background applications, I've heard Skype particularly can cause trouble for whatever reason. I believe this game is made in the Unity engine- possibly it falls back on using lots of CPU rather than GPU?

Hmm. I will try that out later. Thanks!

Torchlight 1, soon to be moving onto Torchlight 2, and a wee bit of Dwarf Fortress.

I couldn't really get into Torchlight 1. I got one of these shitty computers that came with some games and it was included.

Torchlight 1, soon to be moving onto Torchlight 2, and a wee bit of Dwarf Fortress.

Torchlight 2 eh?

Let me know when you're moving onto that one and I'll play it through yah if you want? My previous file was lost in the recent wipe I had to do, so I need a reason to play through it again.

Torchlight 2 eh?

Let me know when you're moving onto that one and I'll play it through yah if you want? My previous file was lost in the recent wipe I had to do, so I need a reason to play through it again.

How much does the second one cost?

Torchlight 2 eh?

That'd be top stuff! I'll PM you once I've wrung Torchlight 1 dry.

Civilization 5. Currently playing as Japan and going insane Communist dictator and taking over the entire world. I've already toppled five city-states and three nations. Working on the fourth: Russia.

You're going down, Cynthia...