DayZ Standalone

Gammlernoob

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure if I keep breaking the game but my controls keep messing up. once I was stuck in walk mode. at night. in the wilderness. with no items but the flash light. that was fun.

The next time I was descending a mountain and all of a sudden my character prones and whenever he stands up (ie when i push C) he will do it, but if I moved he dove on his belly and crawled. Was weird.

clicking the right mousebutton also puts you in walk mode. so you have several options to try, what was wrong with your char ^^ i had this once, i just rejoined the server and it was gone

I've also seen other mods for DayZ try to do the same and all have ultimately failed. DayZ Origins nearly got it right but they didn't go all the way largely out of fear for their community. The only way to effectively deal with the issue of shoot-on-site policy that most players have is to have an improved optimized in-game voice mechanic, an effective reward/ punishment system for bandits/heroes, much much harsher loot system with limited ammo/weapons and lastly proper zombies that are a threat.

If he nails all that down then DayZ could potentially become what it should be; a survival game about surviving the elements, the players and most important of all, the zombies. Rather than what the mod is currently which is mostly about pvp between groups of players and nothing else since the survival mechanics are incredibly weak.

The problem is  reward system would make the game simulation to gamy. How should somebody know you are a mass murdering psychopath?

You won't unless he maybe keeps personal stuff from his prey.(which would kinda be awesome in zomboid)

To tackle the problem a clan or group system has to be implemented, with a form of goverment (democracy, dictatorship) and an approval process, which can be implemented by the chief of the group. Anther big problem is the threat. I mod DayZ zombies were more an annoyance than a threat. In DayZ Standalone  they aren't either. One zombie per km², bitch please!

I know it's an alpha, but I reckon nothing will change. Hall once stated there will be 1000-3000 zombies each server. But I guess he woke up someday.

I've also seen other mods for DayZ try to do the same and all have ultimately failed. DayZ Origins nearly got it right but they didn't go all the way largely out of fear for their community. The only way to effectively deal with the issue of shoot-on-site policy that most players have is to have an improved optimized in-game voice mechanic, an effective reward/ punishment system for bandits/heroes, much much harsher loot system with limited ammo/weapons and lastly proper zombies that are a threat.

If he nails all that down then DayZ could potentially become what it should be; a survival game about surviving the elements, the players and most important of all, the zombies. Rather than what the mod is currently which is mostly about pvp between groups of players and nothing else since the survival mechanics are incredibly weak.

The problem is  reward system would make the game simulation to gamy. How should somebody know you are a mass murdering psychopath?

You won't unless he maybe keeps personal stuff from his prey.(which would kinda be awesome in zomboid)

To tackle the problem a clan or group system has to be implemented, with a form of goverment (democracy, dictatorship) and an approval process, which can be implemented by the chief of the group. Anther big problem is the threat. I mod DayZ zombies were more an annoyance than a threat. In DayZ Standalone  they aren't either. One zombie per km², bitch please!

I know it's an alpha, but I reckon nothing will change. Hall once stated there will be 1000-3000 zombies each server. But I guess he woke up someday.

This and not wanting to restrict players is why rocket doesn't take much anti-bandit action.

UPDATE:

I died once, I was killed by a zombie because melee doesn't work inside buildings well.

But I made another one and found a mosin, mosin ammo, fireaxe, map,russian translation book, and some shiggy diggy clothes

ooh and beans

oh yes and i met a player called dillk 

he was nice and didnt kos

dillk if you are reading this...thank you. 

edit: holy shit i've been playing it for 3 hours straight.

What I have learnt from DayZ SA is one thing, you can't fucking trust anyone. Story time! I was just entering the fire station(north east of Elektro) and I see this guy, he looked like he had just spawned, running there as well. I tell this guy I am friendly and ask him if he needs anything. He says yes, I give him a bottle of water and some food, as well as a pistol mag. Later on, still at this fire station some kid starts shooting at us with an m4(an everyday fucking thing with dayz). I kill this fucker shooting at us, and my new friend goes and loots his shit. Before I know it, my new "friend" turns around and lights my ass up with the m4, therefore killing me. Fuck you "friend".

EDIT: FIXED LOCATION c:

What I have learnt from DayZ SA is one thing, you can't fucking trust anyone. Story time! I was just entering the fire station(north east of Elektro) and I see this guy, he looked like he had just spawned, running there as well. I tell this guy I am friendly and ask him if he needs anything. He says yes, I give him a bottle of water and some food, as well as a pistol mag. Later on, still at this fire station some kid starts shooting at us with an m4(an everyday fucking thing with dayz). I kill this fucker shooting at us, and my new friend goes and loots his shit. Before I know it, my new "friend" turns around and lights my ass up with the m4, therefore killing me. Fuck you "friend".

EDIT: FIXED LOCATION c:

I can't remember which thread I talked about this, but I was talking about the fact how Day Z is so PvP to the core that it's not really going to change. It's a bit of a shame, but most of the time it doesn't really feel like the game wants you to co-operate with everybody, since it does so little (if not nothing) to discourage it, but everything to encourage it. Which in a way I feel it's a bit of a shame. Then again I detest PvP games with all my heart, so DayZ may just not be for me. :P

My knowledge is a bit dated on the subject, so I might be wrong.

I have bought the game myself and played it for a while now and I can conclude that it is the pretty much the opposite of project zomboid.

-The zombies are absolutely useless, hit them in the face once and they fall over. 

-The players are the threat in this game, KOS is very very common.

- The item spawning is slightly similar to project zomboid if you compare a server to a saved game (which you can jump between), the items don't respawn and it is very common to jump between servers simply to loot high value locations (such as Balota).

-Combat logging (you disconnect during a firefight) is also very common and is like the server hopping above frowned upon.

Interesting is that people that try to survive for long and gather gear is seen as "boring" and "don't play the game right" which is quite the opposite of project zomboid gameplay strategies.

Maybe we project on indiestone could try to get our own server where we try some more casual and player interactive gameplay?

Interesting is that people that try to survive for long and gather gear is seen as "boring" and "don't play the game right" which is quite the opposite of project zomboid gameplay strategies.

It is a public server game, thus the people who play most disruptively will be the most noticeable. There are people playing it in other ways too, and on non-public servers.

I have bought the game myself and played it for a while now and I can conclude that it is the pretty much the opposite of project zomboid.

-The zombies are absolutely useless, hit them in the face once and they fall over. 

- The item spawning is slightly similar to project zomboid if you compare a server to a saved game (which you can jump between), the items don't respawn and it is very common to jump between servers simply to loot high value locations (such as Balota).

-Combat logging (you disconnect during a firefight) is also very common and is like the server hopping above frowned upon.

These will be fixed. 

These will be fixed. 

Regardless if they will fix it or not it is the current state of the game.

I've made several friends in it and I think I even found a couple of servers (Western U.S., sorry) where PvP was against the servers' traditional conduct and KOS was a kick- or banable offense.

I'm not denying that there would be server that would enforce such rules, but my point is that I kind of feel server owners shouldn't need to force these rules onto people and rather that the games mechanics actually discourage banditing and anti-player behaviour. Since at the moment if the server doesn't have the rules in place, then it just becomes a huge deathmatch.

These will be fixed.

How are they going to fix KOS and Combat Logging? These are no bugs but player behavior.

Combat logging in games is usually countered with having you remain in game for a short time if you're in combat. How the game would determine if you're in combat is beyond me though. Perhaps if there is a player within your vicinity your body persists for a short time after disconnection.

P.s id be all up for joining a TIS only server where kos is against the rules. Id say let people be bandits and let people rob others because that's part of the game but to rob someone you'd need interact

Combat logging can be managed automatically to an extent, as mentioned above. KOS is much harder to deal with, I can't think of any other way than admin reinforcement which will cause impartiality headaches and drama, or playing with a group where you can somehow trust people won't do it.