DayZ Standalone

Gammlernoob

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't access the steam store right now, so I guess that's why.

Whoever composed the music, I'm in love with him.

That trailer hasn't sold me on the game. It doesn't show alot of the stuff that I really want to see. What's combat/animations like now etc.

There was a time that I was looking forward to DayZ SA, but no longer.

Unless its incredibly more sophisticated than DayZ Origins (which pushed the boundaries way past the original specs of the mod) I can't see it riding that hype train it rode when DayZ first came out any longer.

People will still buy it, and yes, even the young whipper snappers, but I reckon its popularity has dwindled with time.

I can't access the steam store right now, so I guess that's why.

Whoever composed the music, I'm in love with him.

That trailer hasn't sold me on the game. It doesn't show alot of the stuff that I really want to see. What's combat/animations like now etc.

The footage itself wasn't that impressing, but the music painted the atmosphere of the game (grim, dark, scary) very well.

There was a time that I was looking forward to DayZ SA, but no longer.

Unless its incredibly more sophisticated than DayZ Origins (which pushed the boundaries way past the original specs of the mod) I can't see it riding that hype train it rode when DayZ first came out any longer.

People will still buy it, and yes, even the young whipper snappers, but I reckon its popularity has dwindled with time.

DayZ Origins? Never heard of it.

DayZ Origins? Never heard of it.

If your not into mods for the DayZ mod, then I wouldn't be surprised. It essentially improves upon the mod in every way. Build-able houses, customizable cars, 600km map (most of which is water, but still quite large), custom zombies and blah blah blah to all the other features I can't remember.

I dont know... DayZ the mod terrified me and then the rampant PVP put me off.

No.. you want terror, I have terror.

Those with weak hearts, dare not click.

Pre-ordering WarZ on the highest tier.

Now known as Infestation Survivor Stories

NOOOOOOOOOOO! THE HORROR!

*cowers*

I dont know... DayZ the mod terrified me and then the rampant PVP put me off.

No.. you want terror, I have terror.

Those with weak hearts, dare not click.

Pre-ordering WarZ on the highest tier.

Now known as Infestation Survivor Stories

This is what nightmares are made of

short impressions:

It feels like playing DayZ again. you know that feeling when you are kinda new to a game and there are new items, new things to do. love running around and scavenging. and then you run around and recognize the place because you've run through there tons of times. hach, good times. 

it's very alpha-y though, resting and unconsciousness seems to be bugged, inventory is kinda unpleasant from the looks, and there is a lot to be balanced of course but thats no issues, it is an alpha after all. I'm hoping there will be a tutorial / explain most video soon (community or dev made) because resting and stuff needs to be explained i reckon.

as a big fan of the vanilla mod, I like it

It looks a bit too action-y and also a bit shite (from how it's looking in alpha), I'll wait until AT LEAST beta.

The main reason for it looking dodgy is because they had to re-build the engine and overhaul several systems. 

The trailer wasn't really all that good of a showcase, guns and ammo are extremely rare, the map is huge so most of the play time is hiking between towns without even player combat and they are trying to make sure PVP is minimised.  It is hardly an action game.

but I reckon its popularity has dwindled with time.

Really? There are already more than 18k people playing it right now and the (official) peak today was 23,114. That's not even 24 hours after release.

Shh you! If we simply pretend that it doesn't exist and look the other way, it will simply fade into nothingness!

(Also, only 18k? Bloody hell that's quite low for DayZ)