Pepsi v. Coke v. RC

uberevan

The Best Cola  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Is your favorite Cola:

• Pepsi
    • Coke
    • RC

There can only be one best cola. Odds are the highest will be coke because everyone has heard of it.

What is your choice?

Edit: This includes all branches like Vanilla Coke, Cherry Pepsi, Diet RC, Pepsi Max, Coke Zero, etc, etc.

Edit Edit: FRUIT FLAVORED DRINKS, DR. PEPPER ETC. ARE NOT COOOOOLLAAAAAAAA *EXPLODES*

Just an fyi Cola is a specific type of Soda.

Squares are always rectangles, rectangles are not always squares.

Cola is always Soda, but Soda is not necessarily Cola.

co·la
ˈkōlə/
noun

1. 1.
    a brown carbonated drink that is flavored with an extract of cola nuts, or with a similar flavoring.

So basically Royal Crown Cola (RC), Pepsi Cola (Pepsi), or Coca-Cola. (Coke)

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is obvious that Coke is the One True Soda. Unless you're in some kind of backwards land where Pepsi is better (such a place exists. It's called Nebraska).

Not even joking on that. I live in Kentucky, but have relatives who live in Nebraska. Every time I go to visit, I can't help but notice that Coke and Pepsi both actually taste very differently there. It's weird. Never could figure out why.

What's RC?

Anyways, I can't really vote because I prefer Dr. Pepper over all.

Royal Crown Cola.

And this question isn't asking what your favorite drink is. It's asking what's the best choice between the three. So you can vote, you're simply choosing to abstain because your favorite pop isn't in the mix. 

It is obvious that Coke is the One True Soda. Unless you're in some kind of backwards land where Pepsi is better (such a place exists. It's called Nebraska).

Not even joking on that. I live in Kentucky, but have relatives who live in Nebraska. Every time I go to visit, I can't help but notice that Coke and Pepsi both actually taste very differently there. It's weird. Never could figure out why.

Yeah, I've noticed that too. Thought that the Coca-Cola had the same recipe everywhere. The Fanta in England tastes completely different than here in Belgium.

This is a poll for best cola. Dr. Pepper isn't cola. It's incredibly delicious, but it isn't cola

Royal Crown Cola Btw

... Cola and soda are two different things? I've been lied to my whole life.

What's RC?

Anyways, I can't really vote because I prefer Dr. Pepper over all.

Royal Crown Cola.

And this question isn't asking what your favorite drink is. It's asking what's the best choice between the three. So you can vote, you're simply choosing to abstain because your favorite pop isn't in the mix. 

Well if I have to choose between the three, I'd probably go with Coke. I think Coke and Pepsi taste the same, but I'll just choose Coke out of the two because I prefer it's designs and colors over Pepsi's.

This is a poll for best cola. Dr. Pepper isn't cola. It's incredibly delicious, but it isn't cola

Royal Crown Cola Btw

... Cola and soda are two different things? I've been lied to my whole life.

Cola is a soda. Dr Pepper isn't a Cola. Pepsi is a Cola. RC Is a Cola, Coke is a Cola.

This is a discussion about Cola.

never heard of royal crown cola. in which countries people drink it?

It's sold in America. It's in Brookshires if you have one. I personally like it better than Coke, but Pepsi is mah Fav

We get RC in the UK too. I really like RC Cherry but I'm not fond on just plain RC. Though I also prefer Cherry coke AND Pepsi Max Cherry to all the regular things.

Cherry makes things better.

Dr Pepper would be on a best soda list.

Personally its pepsi max for me but you didn't put that on the list so I went for pepsi

Yes it would, why it's missing from here I have no idea. [i suck at reading apparently] I would have to go for Pepsi Max as well, so I guess my vote is Pepsi.

We get RC here in NZ as well, though I have never ever seen it abbreviated to RC before in my life. It's a million times more expensive than Coke, and that crap they call Pepsi, though and only comes in small single serve sized bottles (as far as I've ever seen).

Greatest cola of the lot, I'd say. But when you can get a couple of litres of Coke for a dollar, compared with half a litre of RC for a few dollars, Coke wins the day 90% of the time.

Personally its pepsi max for me but you didn't put that on the list so I went for pepsi

Yes it would, why it's missing from here I have no idea. I would have to go for Pepsi Max as well, so I guess my vote is Pepsi.

It's not on here, because as previously mentioned, Dr Pepper is a Soda, and this is a best Cola poll.

We get RC here in NZ as well, though I have never ever seen it abbreviated to RC before in my life. It's a million times more expensive than Coke, and that crap they call Pepsi, though and only comes in small single serve sized bottles (as far as I've ever seen).

Greatest cola of the lot, I'd say. But when you can get a couple of litres of Coke for a dollar, compared with half a litre of RC for a few dollars, Coke wins the day 90% of the time.

Yes it would, why it's missing from here I have no idea. I would have to go for Pepsi Max as well, so I guess my vote is Pepsi.

It's not on here, because as previously mentioned, Dr Pepper is a Soda, and this is a best Cola poll.

There's a difference? This world is too complicated for it's own good. I also never figured Pepsi to be a cola. Learn something new everyday I guess.

Wow, seriously? Where I live, RC is budget Cola. You can get two liters for a buck, sometimes less.

There's a difference? This world is too complicated for it's own good. I also never figured Pepsi to be a cola. Learn something new everyday I guess.

As simply as possible - Cola is a type of Soda, yet not all Sodas are Colas.

Soda: Carbonated Water (or beverage containing)

Cola: Carbonated beverage flavoured with kola nut extract, or similar.

On a side note, PEPSI used to be known as Pepsi-Cola (til the early 1960's), and before that as Brad's Drink when it was first created in 1893. It was named Pepsi-Cola after the kola nuts and pepsin used in the recipe (disturbingly enough, pepsin is an enzyme released in the stomach that degrades food into peptides).

On a side note, PEPSI used to be known as Pepsi-Cola (til the early 1960's), and before that as Brad's Drink when it was first created in 1893. It was named Pepsi-Cola after the kola nuts and pepsin used in the recipe (disturbingly enough, pepsin is an enzyme released in the stomach that degrades food into peptides).

Funny fact. Cola is called Cola because it used to be flavoured by Kola Nuts and also Cocaine from Cocoa leaves

Funny fact. Cola is called Coca-Cola because it used to be flavoured by Kola Nuts and also Cocaine from Cocoa leaves

*Ahem*, you missed a 'Coca' there to validate your point ;)

Also, Kola nuts are still used as a part of the flavouring, cocoa leaves are not, and never were used in the manufacturing process, however coca leaves used to be used (a cocaine-free extract from those leaves is now used).

Coca from the Coca leaf ingredient (in no way associated with 'cocoa leaves'), which contains trace levels of cocaine. A cocaine-free extract is used nowadays, the extracted cocaine is used in medicinal cocaine in the USA.

Cola from the Kola nut flavouring (allegedly the K was replaced with a C for marketing purposes), which contains low levels of caffeine.

Funny fact. Cola is called Coca-Cola because it used to be flavoured by Kola Nuts and also Cocaine from Cocoa leaves

*Ahem*, you missed a 'Coca' there to validate your point ;)

Also, Kola nuts are still used as a part of the flavouring, cocoa leaves are not, and never were used in the manufacturing process, however coca leaves used to be used (a cocaine-free extract from those leaves is now used).

Coca from the Coca leaf ingredient (in no way associated with 'cocoa leaves'), which contains trace levels of cocaine. A cocaine-free extract is used nowadays, the extracted cocaine is used in medicinal cocaine in the USA.

Cola from the Kola nut flavouring (allegedly the K was replaced with a C for marketing purposes), which contains low levels of caffeine.

Huh. I always just thought "Soda" and "Cola" were two names for the same thing.

Whoops.