Special zombies

Immhotep

Just bought the game few days ago and been playing for 20 hours+, I noticed that all the zombies are the same which is kinda boring after some time... Maybe an optional game mode which allows some special zombies with special abilities? Mini boss or so on... Extra fast zombie, extra hp zombie, zombie which explodes and causes disease to nearby area, poison spitting zombie, this is when some medicine comes in handy, etc etc... I'm sure it will make things more exiting!

OP read this please: Link

The devs intend this game to be a more or less accurate representation of the Romero style zombie apocalipse simulation. As such, special Zombie types are out of the question. The only extras that are planned I think are zombies in special gear, like riot police zombies or military zombies with body armor.

This isn't a game ABOUT zombies, nor is it a game about fighting zombies. While zombies are a large part of the game, they are more of an obstacle than the focus. Regardless of how you play Project Zomboid, the first focus is always survival. Whether you forage, farm, or loot, whether you run away from zombies and survivors or face them head-on, none of that matters if you aren't hydrated, fed, and uninfected.

"Special Infected" would add nothing to this experience, except more fractures to the gameplay and story. It's very likely someone will mod these sort of things in at some point, but if you find the game boring because there aren't enough zombie variations to kill, I say you may be playing the wrong type of game to get your fix of coagulated blood spatter and dismemberment.

what I could think of whould be - after some kind of "armor-feature" is added - Zombies with a biker helmet which are harder to kill with a blunt weapon... (in far far future maybe Policeofficers with a bullet proof west..) and only in VERY VERY short numbers... 0.5 - 1% maybe...

(guess it's more a question about ingame armor and the possibility for Zombies to wear it)

but other than this I don't think that "Special Zombies" whould be good...

what I could think of whould be - after some kind of "armor-feature" is added - Zombies with a biker helmet which are harder to kill with a blunt weapon... (in far far future maybe Policeofficers with a bullet proof west..) and only in VERY VERY short numbers... 0.5 - 1% maybe...

(guess it's more a question about ingame armor and the possibility for Zombies to wear it)

but other than this I don't think that "Special Zombies" whould be good...

Again, please read the link above. The Commonly Suggested Suggestions post is there for a reason, and this suggestion is pretty common. The devs have stated there will be zombies wearing types of armour (swat, army etc), however they won't be depicted as 'special' zombies, rather simply normal zombies that are somewhat more... padded. They will, to some degree, be mixed in with other zombies (ex. no hordes of SWAT zombies) depending on location. 

The flash game series 'The Last Stand' had an interesting way of doing this without going into mutations. You had zombies with say, a knife or axe sticking out of them, from a failed attempt at taking them out, and they'd create a hazard as they closed in. Or ones without legs that kept you on your toes, as well as zombies of various builds that were resisitant to damage, slower, faster, etc. You don't need to add mutations to give zombies variety. After all, they're just reanimated people.

The flash game series 'The Last Stand' had an interesting way of doing this without going into mutations. You had zombies with say, a knife or axe sticking out of them, from a failed attempt at taking them out, and they'd create a hazard as they closed in. Or ones without legs that kept you on your toes, as well as zombies of various builds that were resistant to damage, slower, faster, etc. You don't need to add mutations to give zombies variety. After all, they're just reanimated people.

I like the idea of blades, would be an easy way to get weapons although they may be damaged/blunt.

I think zombies of different speeds and strengths have already been added.

The flash game series 'The Last Stand' had an interesting way of doing this without going into mutations. You had zombies with say, a knife or axe sticking out of them, from a failed attempt at taking them out, and they'd create a hazard as they closed in. Or ones without legs that kept you on your toes, as well as zombies of various builds that were resistant to damage, slower, faster, etc. You don't need to add mutations to give zombies variety. After all, they're just reanimated people.

I like the idea of blades, would be an easy way to get weapons although they may be damaged/blunt.

It does seem some are more chipper than others, and a few seem to be unable to walk.

It does seem some are more chipper than others, and a few seem to be unable to walk.

Oh yeah, I forgot about the recently added crawlers.

• 1 month later...

Oh hay i have an idea lets rip off ALL the things from L4D 1 and 2 and call the game Project Zomboid L4D Edition! .... 2  :D That's a great Idea huh? well? what do you think guy's?  :D

Was there a reason to revive this?

And as everyone said... no. ._.

He was just joking, no need to be harsh on a newbie, newbie.

With that said, .... END OF THREAD!

Oh hay i have an idea lets rip off ALL the things from L4D 1 and 2 and call the game Project Zomboid L4D Edition! .... 2  :D That's a great Idea huh? well? what do you think guy's?  :D

Was there a reason to revive this?

And as everyone said... no. ._.

He was just joking, no need to be harsh on a newbie, newbie.

With that said, .... END OF THREAD!

Not really being harsh, if i was harsh. I was just saying that because the thread was from November. :P

And now... end of thread. :3

<3 u bai bai

Surprised it wasn't archived.

I totally knew this would happen, fooled you, haha.

:(

Also, worth mentioning, footmuffin's dp is adorable.