WIP SATO CITY
3 3

44 posts in this topic

Ive been able to fill a good amount of stuff for the map with the Drayton Buildings and Arma Style buildings.

Its was great of you guys to put up your past works for us to use and I thank you.

I was able to use a good amount of the Drayton Apartments and Stores for the outskirts of the city.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Havent done much cell work due to having to spend time with my grandfather who had surgery recently.

 

But I have gotten some shops and buildings done.

Some streets are going to look rather cut and paste due to the style of city buildings. Doesnt mean all interiors will be the same.

 

Just dont be surprised to find a near exact building clone on the other side of the map.

 

 

If I recall bedford falls has some clones in it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Very cool! I really like how the layout is setup. I will be looking forward to this map! I am also making a map and buildings are becoming a time consumer. I will share what I have, also if you make some could you host them for us as well? Also, I am trying to fix some old community buildings and so far I have fixed all of Atoxwarrior's red ? issues I'm going down the list of what I have. I have not fixed all of them, yet.. I have updated the Building Pool and added some new buildings I literately just finished making. I am currently working on the residential side of my map and have made 13 various residential buildings. Once I get to the city I'll have more city buildings. Check out the building pool topic for the download link and updates, also I'll link the download directly to the 2/22/17 update for your convenience. https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4F2G0d3O96VVkwtVmJVYUNQZDg/view?usp=sharing

IndigoRebel likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Blackbeard06 said:

Very cool! I really like how the layout is setup. I will be looking forward to this map! I am also making a map and buildings are becoming a time consumer. I will share what I have, also if you make some could you host them for us as well? Also, I am trying to fix some old community buildings and so far I have fixed all of Atoxwarrior's red ? issues I'm going down the list of what I have. I have not fixed all of them, yet.. I have updated the Building Pool and added some new buildings I literately just finished making. I am currently working on the residential side of my map and have made 13 various residential buildings. Once I get to the city I'll have more city buildings. Check out the building pool topic for the download link and updates, also I'll link the download directly to the 2/22/17 update for your convenience. https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4F2G0d3O96VVkwtVmJVYUNQZDg/view?usp=sharing

Hey thanks, the time consumer for me has been cleaning up alot of community buildings. So this will help alot

 

 

And I have a building thread in the buildings section of the forum that ive been updating lately.

but the community buildings has helped geta good part of the map done, aswell some of the donations folks pmed me.

 

Have plans to make my old highschool which is a very large school, possibly will take almost a cell of space.

but first i need to really grasp the build tools.

 

Edited by IndigoRebel

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Blackbeard06 said:

Very cool! I really like how the layout is setup. I will be looking forward to this map! I am also making a map and buildings are becoming a time consumer. I will share what I have, also if you make some could you host them for us as well? Also, I am trying to fix some old community buildings and so far I have fixed all of Atoxwarrior's red ? issues I'm going down the list of what I have. I have not fixed all of them, yet.. I have updated the Building Pool and added some new buildings I literately just finished making. I am currently working on the residential side of my map and have made 13 various residential buildings. Once I get to the city I'll have more city buildings. Check out the building pool topic for the download link and updates, also I'll link the download directly to the 2/22/17 update for your convenience. https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4F2G0d3O96VVkwtVmJVYUNQZDg/view?usp=sharing

WELL HOLY SHIT BLACK BEARD JUST OPENED THE FILE

IM GOING TO CRY
This is fantastic work

Blackbeard06 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think you may be overdoing it on the sidewalks, but I only have a small image to see so it might be intentional.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

I usually make Sidewalks 2 tiles on the side roads

On the main road highway its 3 tiles.

I cant do 1 tile side walks because my light posts, bus stops and mailboxes need space without disrupting any buildings.

 

 

There are some large areas of white pavement to mark the more dense areas for me. 

And Large areas of medium pavement to mark alleyways and Parking lots.

 

I am from Miami and have been building alot from it as reference.

and wedo have some pretty wide sidewalks thoIMG_2581.jpg

Edited by IndigoRebel

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, IndigoRebel said:

 

I usually make Sidewalks 2 tiles on the side roads

On the main road highway its 3 tiles.

I cant do 1 tile side walks because my light posts, bus stops and mailboxes need space without disrupting any buildings.

 

 

There are some large areas of white pavement to mark the more dense areas for me. 

And Large areas of medium pavement to mark alleyways and Parking lots.

 

I am from Miami and have been building alot from it as reference.

and wedo have some pretty wide sidewalks thoIMG_2581.jpg

Chicago also has areas with very large sidewalks that many times restaurants use as patios. 

That aside I like the progress you're making on your map! Definitely beating me in work done lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, cardenaglo said:

Chicago also has areas with very large sidewalks that many times restaurants use as patios. 

That aside I like the progress you're making on your map! Definitely beating me in work done lol

Yea its mainly because I get home from work around 1am and cant fall asleep so I work on the map until it puts me to sleep

And the community buildings help tremendously.

 

Edited by IndigoRebel

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Also my friend, dont be afraid to make copies of buildings, just change up the interiors and some exterior details. I noticed the Drayton creator got burnt making all his stuff. But he didnt make any copies of his apartments for his map. Which shows tremendous creativity but its not entirely accurate.

 

 

If you try to make every building completely different, youre going to get burnt up.

So know which areas on your maps have the same cut and paste architecture.

 

As For my map im going to have rows of cookie cutter flats and townhouses in some cells

05bohe.span.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, IndigoRebel said:

Also my friend, dont be afraid to make copies of buildings, just change up the interiors and some exterior details. I noticed the Drayton creator got burnt making all his stuff. But he didnt make any copies of his apartments for his map. Which shows tremendous creativity but its not entirely accurate.

 

 

Im actually doing it how the creator of Downtown did it. he made blocks in one go but what im doing is making whole cells.  It'll be time consuming but it'll, hopefully, look more natural. i doubt any of my buildings will be exactly the same but many will be similar. I'm going to posting a progress update later so check it out so you know what i mean. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

yea, I've notice a lot of people are doing this as well. Looks good and players don't notice it very much if you do it right. So far I've made 18 different homes out of 5 models. definitely saves some time.

building difference.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Still working on it. Have not been able to work on it like I did last week, As I need alot more buildings,  the community pool has just about run out for the more city areas.

I must thank  who srandiny contributes to the project regularly aswell the large pool Blackbeard sent me. you guys are blessings indeed!

I will make some clones and hybrids of some existing buildings but I do need alot of stuff.

I have been hacking at the building creator myself and I do like making buildings as its always been a pleasure for me on the sims games, but its just finding the time to sit down and work on them is what can be difficult as we all know how life is.

 

 

 

Just know I am finding pleasure out of this project and I will continue to make buildings that I would like play in :}

Oh The fun that will be had on this map, the breaking down furniture feature is going to be very important in this map for gathering wood.

I do know the zomboid spawn map is crazy, and Ive tested the map and it spawns a shit ton of undead.

So in this crowded concrete jungle they will definitely create some dead ends down streets in Alleys, Im very excited to see this through.

 

Well the picture I have here is the Edge of the Sato Skirts, where you start leaving the low income apartment complexes and start moving into some commercial buildings as well offices

zomboid_map_work_2_by_theindigodm-db0f8f

Edited by IndigoRebel
srandiny likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

still at work here, just building some massive buildings which are several buildings clustered up. So I could have more detail to my alleys, these buildings just take a long while to make, especially the furnishing parts.

 

I managed to create several storage units which I dont feel the need to share since its one of the most simple things to make.

 

 

And Im working on my highschool which is massive and takes pretty much a whole cell.

 

 

In the mean time I have smaller map I can work on which can showcase some of the buildings I have been working on for this map. And the town pretty much sticks to the lore of my city here. 
Town Is called Tal Oaks which is a Rural town to the south of Sato City, small town with some tall buildings and lots of wilderness. as well a large gated Community with lots of mansions being the main POI.

Edited by IndigoRebel
Hicks likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Very nice, i see some awesome base options there. But did i overlook a pond or water anywhere?

 

(On phone, bad pic quality)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
3 3