Jump to content
nolanri

Survivors Mod

Recommended Posts

6 hours ago, Migoxiss said:

Hey,

just wanted to say love your mod! But I have a question. Is it possible to change the following distance of my companion? I've had close encounters where he/she got eaten because I was still too close for him/her to follow me.

yeah! press either + or - on a number pad if your keyboard has it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

hey! does this mod still need me to paste any folders over any other game file directories? because i remember doing that at one point and now i dont see that you have to, now that i'm coming back to the mod. anybody that can answer this for me, thanks in advance! and also, thanks nolan, for the mod! its stellar.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just here to say it is an amazing work (and that it works on build 38.5, with some kind of problems, but havent tested it without any of the other mods disabled); and to ask, if you could give me a pointer to where/how to change the models of the survivors, i was thinking of changing the way they look to that of a skeleton and use the cheat key to spawn them and roleplay as a necromancer.

Something i have been ahving trouble with some actions (on IWBUMPS build 38.5) are on barricading windows and looting orders, with the barricade order the suvirvor just "says" that window=nil (although im inside a house) and with looting the dont do anything but the console drops an exception, although again, i havent tried it without any of the other mods disabled (maybe is that)

Im really having a blast with your mod, i dont feel so alone playing on SP and its a great help with foragin/chopping wood.
Thank for your hard work

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/3/2017 at 2:55 AM, Ragno said:

Just here to say it is an amazing work (and that it works on build 38.5, with some kind of problems, but havent tested it without any of the other mods disabled); and to ask, if you could give me a pointer to where/how to change the models of the survivors, i was thinking of changing the way they look to that of a skeleton and use the cheat key to spawn them and roleplay as a necromancer.

Something i have been ahving trouble with some actions (on IWBUMPS build 38.5) are on barricading windows and looting orders, with the barricade order the suvirvor just "says" that window=nil (although im inside a house) and with looting the dont do anything but the console drops an exception, although again, i havent tried it without any of the other mods disabled (maybe is that)

Im really having a blast with your mod, i dont feel so alone playing on SP and its a great help with foragin/chopping wood.
Thank for your hard work

The barricade window order I did not get around to finish. I noticed the PZ Function in the documentation that says it returns window objects for a given building. However that function did not work, it always returns nil so it must be phased out and old or something. The barricade window order would have been an easy thing to add if that function worked which is why I tried it, but without it, it's a lot more work to make so I kind of ... put it aside for now ...

 

The loot room command seems to work for me, and I even see it work for other on like youtube videos using the mod.  A few things to know about it is that you can't use it if your outside first of all.  And that some "rooms" in the game are not actually separated by walls. which means a you could be standing in the kitchen, but if you walk one square too far away from it you may have actually entered the living room or some other room without even knowing it because these rooms were not separated with walls. .... Which in turn means, that you might be standing just a few squares away from a fridge which is in the "kitchen" and give order loot room -> food. but since you are technically standing in the "living room" the survivor will then check the "living room" for food and say there is no food here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/7/2016 at 11:30 AM, Blasted_Taco said:

 

I can see myself trying to protect them and make them last long enough to give a new spin to the game, so i hope that others ask for that feature to do it, commands wise is there ever going to be a way to tell them to wait in a spot? Or they would just despawn?

 

Sorry if i asks too many questions but i am really excited to see the future of this mod.

I literally just run them over with cars. I mean first I take out my wife. WHAM then I take out everyone I see while driving WHAM WHAM WHAM! Then I continue doing that until they get hostile and shoot my through my window and I bleed out in the woods ... RIP xD But the mod is ace. Gives a little depth to the game until the actual NPC's are finished. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Decided to give it a try. Spawned in West Point in the trailer in the fenced in construction area. Heard gunfire immediately. Gathered some things and exited and people started shooting me. I guess that place must automatically start with hostile survivors in it. I died.

 

Spawned again in a house. Immediately heard lots of gunfire outside. After a moment zombies were banging on my windows. I was trying to figure out NPC commands when several broke in and killed me.

 

I am going to try again when I have more time. Do you always spawn and hear gunfire? I thought survivors would be more rare. I only tried twice maybe the third time I spawn there will be quiet.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Invader Jim said:

Decided to give it a try. Spawned in West Point in the trailer in the fenced in construction area. Heard gunfire immediately. Gathered some things and exited and people started shooting me. I guess that place must automatically start with hostile survivors in it. I died.

 

Spawned again in a house. Immediately heard lots of gunfire outside. After a moment zombies were banging on my windows. I was trying to figure out NPC commands when several broke in and killed me.

 

I am going to try again when I have more time. Do you always spawn and hear gunfire? I thought survivors would be more rare. I only tried twice maybe the third time I spawn there will be quiet.

 

 

if you leave the settings at default your gonna almost always hear gunshots at the start, hordes swarming back and forth after the people who are shooting. You can just wait out that initial chaos in an upstairs room.  if you don't like that chaotic start you could go to the settings.lua file (see workshop desc to see how to do it) and set the chance for npc to spawn with guns way lower or set spawn rate of npcs much lower.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Invader Jim said:

Do you always spawn and hear gunfire?

 

You do, for maybe the first day. It becomes rarer quickly as everyone starts dying. Just like how it would go down! You can try to help people out and get them to join you or, do what I've taken to doing: Lock your partner in a bathroom, tell them to stay put (use the right-click context menu for orders), run around to spawn as many survivors as you can, watch them die (maybe help a couple), loot their bodies, then go back home- You'll have a sweet starting loadout, your partner is usually still alive, and the survivors will have lured the zeds away from your base with their gunfire! Good times ensue. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/10/2017 at 12:20 AM, Sparrow said:

My survivors keep committing suicide by drinking bleach. This makes me very sad. They just can't keep their hands off of it, so I have to hide the bleach where they can't find it. =P Any way to fix this or do I have to keep them on suicide watch all the time?

Do you have Justin Bieber playing in the background or something?

 

Is there any chance this mod will update so it's compatible with the vehicles build?

Seems compatible already isn't it? I mean, it loads. Not sure if it experiences some sort of glitch?

Edited by DicheBach

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, DicheBach said:

Do you have Justin Bieber playing in the background or something?

That's just cruel! XD

 

4 hours ago, DicheBach said:

Seems compatible already isn't it? I mean, it loads. Not sure if it experiences some sort of glitch?

My game won't load my savegame with survivors on it. All of the errors in the console file seem to point to compatibility problems with the survivor-added map areas like Hilltop. I can try removing more mods to see if it's a compatibility issue elsewhere, but I'm pretty sure it's anything that modifies the map.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Fenris_Wolf said:

On behalf of all Canadians, I would like to formally apologize for Justin Bieber.

We're sorry, and it won't happen again.

RIGHT!?! I guess it's our fault though, we should really add "Do you want to go to the US to start a music career as an annoying whiny teenager catering to other annoying whiny teens?" to our border patrol checklist.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Sparrow said:

RIGHT!?! I guess it's our fault though, we should really add "Do you want to go to the US to start a music career as an annoying whiny teenager catering to other annoying whiny teens?" to our border patrol checklist.

Its what you get for stealing all our best talent. Every now and then we decide to lob a few cultural nukes across the border.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...


×
×
  • Create New...