Steam Beta Release - 10th Oct 2013 - Interim Build

lemmy101

How can I recognise that I have that build? Menu still says I am at .17...

Right click the game in your library > Properties.

Go to the beta tab and select the interim entry from the drop down. It will say "successfully opted into the bla".

Start the game and will update the files. 

Done.

It'll still say 2.9.9.17 

Hmm, I have selected interim_65bit_only at beta properties in Steam.

When I try to launch PZ nothing happens, none of the launch options.

I have exactly the same problem. Tried uninstalling and reinstalling both 32 and 64 bit Java. Nothing. The error log isn't terribly verbose either. 

java.lang.NullPointerException

at zombie.core.Core.updateDisplayModeFile(Core.java:915)
at zombie.core.Core.loadDisplayModeFile(Core.java:804)
at zombie.GameWindow.maina(GameWindow.java:859)
at zombie.gameStates.MainScreenState.main(MainScreenState.java:102)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
at com.exe4j.runtime.LauncherEngine.launch(Unknown Source)
at com.exe4j.runtime.WinLauncher.main(Unknown Source)

I am getting around 10 FPS now for some reason.

Also seems like when i am walking the black fog of vision of however you call it dosent disappear at all, only after begin inside that dark thing it makes a circle where i can see.

Also for some reason my graphics card dosent support the sharders but it did before, it says "Hardware not supported" or something along those lines, i have a GeForce GT 440(dont know why the blue text now, i am scared)

So any way to get more FPS?

Also seems like when i am walking the black fog of vision of however you call it dosent disappear at all, only after begin inside that dark thing it makes a circle where i can see.

Also for some reason my graphics card dosent support the sharders but it did before, it says "Hardware not supported" or something along those lines, i have a GeForce GT 440(dont know why the blue text now, i am scared)

Have you tried some of the various video/screen settings? I used to be able to play 1920x1080 Full Screen, but at the moment in the Interim build I usually play 64bit, 1366x768 windowed, multicore-no. I then get playable FPS, although if I'm sprinting, I still have to wait for the world render to "catch-up" :)

Just mess about with some different resolutions/settings and see if you notice any change in FPS.

Have you tried some of the various video/screen settings? I used to be able to play 1920x1080 Full Screen, but at the moment in the Interim build I usually play 64bit, 1366x768 windowed, multicore-no. I then get playable FPS, although if I'm sprinting, I still have to wait for the world render to "catch-up" :)

Just mess about with some different resolutions/settings and see if you notice any change in FPS.

Well so far i only have the lowest resolution that is 1028x706 i think.

I dont have a multicore so i disable that and didnt notice a change.

Sharders for some reason arent supported by my hardware but when i go back to the menu i can chose them and then it disable them again.

I dont have a lot to work with here really so i hope this pans out somewhere down the the line.

PZ isn't launching since the update.

Actually it did launch but I though some features were missing, for example zooming out.

My version is the steam linux, so i had a couple of hacks to get it working properly. So made steam "verify the game cache" and it found 3 files. So after all that, I can't launch PZ anymore:

'/home/guiu/.steam/steam/SteamApps/common/ProjectZomboid/projectzomboid.sh' Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: Method org.lwjgl.openal.ALC10.nalcGetString(JI)Ljava/lang/String; name or signature does not match	at org.lwjgl.openal.ALC10.initNativeStubs(Native Method)	at org.lwjgl.openal.AL.init(AL.java:157)	at org.lwjgl.openal.AL.create(AL.java:138)	at org.lwjgl.openal.AL.create(AL.java:102)	at org.lwjgl.openal.AL.create(AL.java:201)	at zombie.openal.SoundStore$1.run(SoundStore.java:612)	at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)	at zombie.openal.SoundStore.init(SoundStore.java:607)	at zombie.GameWindow.maina(GameWindow.java:822)	at zombie.gameStates.MainScreenState.main(MainScreenState.java:102)

Had to try it from the terminal to get any output...

I have linux 64-bit so I had to hack it to get it working with the previous version. It showed interim 64-bit so I thought it would work without the hack, I'll look into trying to get it to work again.

By the way, I think you guys should get a proper bug reporting/tracker system, or even designated forum areas, so keep us from spamming similar bugs all around.

edit: actually I am now able to run it, had to replace the "liblwjgl64.so" again, now it works in compatibility mode, but no zoom out feature, I was looking forward to that.

I know this is dumb but i couldn't find answers anywhere, where can I download latest unofficial release (unstable) i'm a mac user by the way. I saw the "In the mean time" article it says there download from the beta page of steam, but I couldn't find it. Need help

First you need your steam key. Then right-click on Project Zomboid in Steam -> Properties -> Betas -> 64bit_Interim.

Can't wait for West Pointin'. I hope it comes out tomorrow :D

About the long trip to west point....any news of car development?

I didn't hear about for long time!

With all the stuff going on for the Steam Release, cars are probably nothing to expect in the near future.