Steam Beta Release - 10th Oct 2013 - Interim Build

lemmy101

Disable shaders and multicore in the in-game Options menu?

I knew I already have tried this before realizing now that the settings for multicore do not stay saved.

Every time I turn off multicore and restart the game settings turn back to 'yes'.

Deleted and re-downloaded the game already - still the same issue. Oh and the shader option is obsolete as 'Not supported by hardware'. Like I said, game used to run pretty well with the preceding interim build.

Disable shaders and multicore in the in-game Options menu?

I knew I already have tried this before realizing now that the settings for multicore do not stay saved.

Every time I turn off multicore and restart the game settings turn back to 'yes'.

Deleted and re-downloaded the game already - still the same issue. Oh and the shader option is obsolete as 'Not supported by hardware'. Like I said, game used to run pretty well with the preceding interim build.

We made a hotfix for this on the interim 64 yesterday...  I just tested it works, you sure your games is on interim 64 and fully updated ? :|

Weird, I just tried on Steam interim in 32 bits (can't test 64 here), I can switch it on/off and it's saved.. You click "Save" after choosing the new multicore option ?

Just tested it, too.

It saves the settings for me.

Restarted OSX, checked disk permissions.

- Normal mode - Multicore settings are still not saved, game crashes. (mac-related java issue maybe?)

- Compatibility mode - at least it runs now.
However it is weird, as when I click on play via steam game instantly crashes before showing the startup screen. Second time I hit on play it worked and I can play again.

Keep up the good work and thx for all the advices! I'm off to smash some Z's...

First thing I would like to say, these new sounds are terrifying! It's a love/hate relationship right now, but I may adjust.

However I did notice like a kind of feedback background noise from the game when playing. I don't really know what word I should use to label it or really describe it well. Just a constant noise, (like if someone had there microphone broadcasting without saying anything). Not sure if intentional or not, just thought I'd note it.

Still pretty good build, though the switching back between using both hands and equipping onto primary with an inventory in the secondary is a little more work that I'd like, very tedious clicking.

Still it's always nice to have new features! :D

Hey guys ive been a bit of a forum lurker for awhile, first of all I would like to say Project Zomboid is a awesome game and the devs have been kicking ass in its development, keep up the good work. the one thing i am wondering is will mouse character movement return? I only ask as having a physical impediment its the only viable way I can play. anyway thanks and keep making the game awesome.

Hey guys ive been a bit of a forum lurker for awhile, first of all I would like to say Project Zomboid is a awesome game and the devs have been kicking ass in its development, keep up the good work. the one thing i am wondering is will mouse character movement return? I only ask as having a physical impediment its the only viable way I can play. anyway thanks and keep making the game awesome.

We haven't forgot about this, I promise, having the game accessible and useable mouse only is important to us, just in the rush up to Steam things end up getting left aside fretting about bugs and memory budget crisis's whatnot.

We'll look into getting this in as an option ASAP :)

The interim build broke my Season 3 LP of Zomboid, but it's Alpha so any actual 'viewers' will understand :P.  Thank you for your continued superb work Indie Stone.  Continue it, you are a wonderful team of human beings.

BTW, I have turned at least 2 people on to Project Zomboid.  You have my word of mouth support.  Now I will shut up so the bug issues can be brought to light from others :D.

Just something that came to my mind while reading through comments:

What if you put in an option to make weapons (axes, bats, golf clubs etc.) either one-handed or two-handed?

This way if you choose to hold a weapon with one hand it deals less damage but you can also hold something else in your other hand, but if you hold the weapon with both hands you can deal more damage and have more accuracy.

Just something that came to my mind while reading through comments:

What if you put in an option to make weapons (axes, bats, golf clubs etc.) either one-handed or two-handed?

This way if you choose to hold a weapon with one hand it deals less damage but you can also hold something else in your other hand, but if you hold the weapon with both hands you can deal more damage and have more accuracy.

This is already coming in the next beta that RJ is working on!

Crossing my fingers that my current inability to download Java (server sent no content) is due to my currently installing 4 years of Win7 updates, and nothing wrong with the Java webpage, because... Damn! I've been wanting to play PZ for ages now!

Dunno what else to say, except, keep up the great work Devs :D

EDIT: Anything in the Interim beta build about tweaking the horde-on-your-doorstep problem? :P

Im still having FPS problems, when I zoom out they go down to 20-26. Its ok when I zoom in. This has been the same since .17. New Interim working for my 32bit Windows 7. I have tried every resolution and every graphic option but doesn't really change anything.

Windows 7 Home Premium 32-bit SP1

Intel Core 2 Duo E4600 @ 2.40GHz

4,00GB único-Canal DDR2 @ 333MHz

1024MBNVIDIA GeForce GT 220

same here.