If it's any consolation to any out there...

lemmy101

4 hours ago, Geras said:

Wow, Overland looks epic. The art and setting is definitely my cup of tea. 

Agreed. The art is beautiful, the genre is unique and fun, and it seems like it will have good replay value. I'm just really  interested in how they generate their maps.

18 hours ago, Spracky said:

Agreed. The art is beautiful, the genre is unique and fun, and it seems like it will have good replay value. I'm just really  interested in how they generate their maps.

Sorry for the double post but iv'e seen a pit of game play on Overland on Entaks channel and the map is sort of like an Orgeon Trail type of deal where you have to get from the East Coast to the West Coast. And key to winning the game is don't make a sound. (Sorry for the double post it was an accident)

Edited by Queen Glory

4 hours ago, Queen Glory said:

Sorry for the double post but iv'e seen a pit of game play on Overland on Entaks channel and the map is sort of like an Orgeon Trail type of deal where you have to get from the East Coast to the West Coast. And key to winning the game is don't make a sound. (Sorry for the double post it was an accident)

I knew that, but by maps I meant levels.

I haven't played enough of Overland yet to say for sure, but I think they are not really random, but partially hand-crafted, partially random.

Let's say there's a migration level between two areas. You have the road, obviously, then there's a roll for having a fence or some trashcans block the path. Then a roll for a few more trashcans, some enemies and maybe some random trash lying around.

22 hours ago, Spracky said:

Ha, right. Well actually it's a game I'm making on my own for educational purposes and for me and my friends to play :)

PLEASE GIVE ME EARLY ACCESS KEY I LOVE LEARNING GAMES! Freaking Typing of the Dead Overkill is the only reason i type at 60 words per minute.