Rest at Any Level of Exertion

CaptKaspar

Right now you need to have the 'moderate exertion' Moodle or higher present if you want to rest.

I suggest resting regardless of how exerted you are.

For instance you have been sprinting for awhile and you know you are about to become moderately exerted. You come upon a chair that is in a safe area. Yet when you try to rest, you can not rest in it because you aren't 'exerted' yet. Upon leaving the safe area you sprint for a few moments and then you are now exerted! If only you rested a moment ago :)

On 3/5/2016 at 10:47 AM, CaptKaspar said:

Right now you need to have the 'moderate exertion' Moodle or higher present if you want to rest.

I suggest resting regardless of how exerted you are.

For instance you have been sprinting for awhile and you know you are about to become moderately exerted. You come upon a chair that is in a safe area. Yet when you try to rest, you can not rest in it because you aren't 'exerted' yet. Upon leaving the safe area you sprint for a few moments and then you are now exerted! If only you rested a moment ago :)

On 3/6/2016 at 5:54 PM, Geras said:

It's even funnier when you ARE already exerted enough, you walk towards a chair or a couch and then, before you use the "rest" option your moodle disappears so you need to sprint in circles for a few moments just for the moodle to pop up again...

On 3/7/2016 at 8:26 PM, Zomboid said:

So all characters have a secret insomnia perk.

You can rest anytime using the PZ Vanilla patch mod :). 

On 3/7/2016 at 8:26 AM, Zomboid said:

So all characters have a secret insomnia perk.

I was referring to resting your exertion and not sleeping.

To me, not sleeping when you're not sleep tired makes sense. I know IRL I often can not go to sleep unless I am actually tired and in need of sleep.

Not being able to sit down and rest though because I have not reached 'X' amount of exertion does not make as much sense. I know IRL I have often sat down and rested, not because I was exerted or tired, but that I knew I was going to be in the very near future. I strategically planned ahead and took advantage of the opportunity. That resting now was a good idea because I knew I was going to need all the endurance I had in the near future. So that when it was 'go' time I had 100% (or as close to it as possible) in the tank ready to be used.

10 hours ago, CaptKaspar said:

To me, not sleeping when you're not sleep tired makes sense. I know IRL I often can not go to sleep unless I am actually tired and in need of sleep.

Not being able to sit down and rest though because I have not reached 'X' amount of exertion does not make as much sense. I know IRL I have often sat down and rested, not because I was exerted or tired, but that I knew I was going to be in the very near future. I strategically planned ahead and took advantage of the opportunity. That resting now was a good idea because I knew I was going to need all the endurance I had in the near future. So that when it was 'go' time I had 100% (or as close to it as possible) in the tank ready to be used.

I just like to think of resting as sleeping for multiplayer.

On 3/9/2016 at 11:40 PM, CaptKaspar said:

I think this can be done but i have to hook to in game sleeping function and make another option for resting instead of sleeping. Ill go and put this in future planned stuff on the mod. 

1 minute ago, MXXIV said:

While you're at it, please make sleep remove exertion faster. Waking up after 4 hours and still heavy breathing is ridiculous.

Really i never been in such a situation Lol. Ill try but no promises Lol.

27 minutes ago, ShuiYin said:

Really i never been in such a situation Lol.

Chop some trees :P I like to build those long log walls. So I chop until "can barely move" at which point I have to take 8 hours sleep.

5 minutes ago, MXXIV said:

Chop some trees :P I like to build those long log walls. So I chop until "can barely move" at which point I have to take 8 hours sleep.

Hahahah that explains it i chop a few trees and build a couple of walls then the rest i use my debugging mod creative mode to build the rest Lol. I do try the exertion thing at 1 time just to see how it works while turning all player stat component on screen based on Robomats code :P i never seem to catch any cold while testing all the hazards in game tho. 

• 2 weeks later...

This feature will be available on the next version of PZ Vanilla Patch Mod. I did not go through with MXXIV request because i didnt pass any codes altering exertion. Thos sitting down will make regeneration of stamina faster and so will also help reduce exertion i hope.

you can find the mod here:

This feature is now available on PZ Vanilla Patch Mod. Sitting down will make regeneration of stamina faster and so will also help reduce exertion.

enjoy :)

you can find the mod here:

Edited by ShuiYin