Grand Theft Auto V

DirectorPr

It's being touted as having the highest ratings of any game on metacritic, however the user reviews is a rather unimpressive 8.0...

Interested to hear opinions about the game here, avoiding story spoilers though!

Ocarina of Time for N64 actually has the highest Metacritic score with a 99.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's being touted as having the highest ratings of any game on metacritic, however the user reviews is a rather unimpressive 8.0...

Interested to hear opinions about the game here, avoiding story spoilers though!

Ocarina of Time for N64 actually has the highest Metacritic score with a 99.

Well deserved.

I've been playing it for a bit, and I got to say. It doesn't look half bad on consoles. It comes with two disks, one for an install to help run the game, and the other is the play disk. Its quite fun, and I can't say I'm disappointed yet, I'd give it a definitely 9.5/10.

Ocarina of Time, o yeah! Many fond memories of that great game.

Regarding GTA V, what's the opinions on the map design and world size including the urban density of the main city?

The city is really well designed. The whole map actually.

I still feel the gameplay is lacking something new but I guess GTA doesn't have to do anything surprising.

Killing hookers with a baseball bat is suprising enough for me.

You'll love it then! Its definately the most mysoginistic game i've ever played, there are no strong or positive female characters whatsoever, nor are any of the women in the game actually attributed with a personality. Which is nothing new from Rockstar really, they have their reputation, to consider, bro. Its just a pity not meeting anyone in the game who is female and interesting, for non obvious reasons.

I havn't nearly finished playing it yet but i'd be pretty surprised if anything in the game I have yet to see is gonna change my mind on this!

Killing hookers with a baseball bat is suprising enough for me.

You'll love it then! Its definately the most mysoginistic game i've ever played, there are no strong or positive female characters whatsoever, nor are any of the women in the game actually attributed with a personality. Which is nothing new from Rockstar really, they have their reputation, to consider, bro. Its just a pity not meeting anyone in the game who is female and interesting, for non obvious reasons.

I havn't nearly finished playing it yet but i'd be pretty surprised if anything in the game I have yet to see is gonna change my mind on this!

Waaa waaa waaa

Cry more, baby

LOL, really?

You have to consider that every guy in GTA is at least equally psychotic. Come to think of it the entire world is a rude parody of real life.

I think that was the point bro ;)

It's just a pity not meeting anyone in the game who is Jewish and interesting, for non-obvious reasons.

Johnny Klebitz, lead character of the lost and the damned is Jewish of course, without yapping on about it. And a little more cryptic. Little Jacob, if you count rastafarian as jewish.

It's worth noting a considerable difference between NOT portraying a RACE, and badly/demeaningly portraying a gender. It's a completely invalid comparison.

I can't say I find myself offended by the game personally, but the point he raised was completely valid. Video games right now are in a precarious state- they've finally come into wide acceptance as a form of entertainment, but people are taking a critical look at whether games can also be art, and stuff like this doesn't particularly help the case. I personally do believe games can be art, and in fact a few select games have now had exhibits at the museum of modern art in the US. I don't particularly think Rockstar thinks of their games as art- and they certainly aren't required to, but it sure does make it an uphill battle for everyone else.

I'm only two missions in, but the driving is pure joy. So, so much more fun than GTA IV - and I love that Rockstar have relented a little to 'gamify' it through Franklin's slow-mo ability. Works brilliantly.

~Ohh~ did they fix the awful driving? In IV it felt like someone welded a damn washing machine to the hood of all the cars and then slicked the roads with butter.

I'd say a happy medium between GTA4 and GTA SA. On the scale i'd say its probably about a 7 or 8 but the actual experience of driving has been hugely facilitated by making the roads wider and much more clearly planned out with better road markings. That said, prangs with imovable street objects are still a nuisance here and there.