SMG, MP

lerk

Well, Assault Rifles are are pretty uncommon in Kentucky in Resedential or in small Police Stations. And i thing a MP like MP5 with 9mm has a high firerate and a power of a pistol.

If you fight Hordes its very usefull but you need some skill a bit lower then Rifles but more then pistols.

Very,very bad english ;)

Dont care how we name that gun but some automatic guns are more than wellcome !

In general i like the idea of adding more guns that share ammo type with the ones we have atm.

And i agree that amutomatic guns might not be the most efficient weapons vs zombies but they might be great vs NPCs.

Specific firearms are a confirmed NO on the Commonly Suggested Suggestions list, though I personally wouldn't be opposed to a generic SMG or Assault Rifle. Assuming both the weapon itself and ammo for it was sufficiently rare, I don't see a fully automatic class of weapon being unbalanced. You'd rip through ammo, and with the weapon itself being rare, repairs would be difficult or impossible.

I think you mean to suggest adding a MP5 to the game, but I don't see how anyone would ever own those. I think they are more likely to own an M4 or something.

No one in Kentucky owns an M4.  They all own AR-15's and stuff.  M4 is illegal.

I didn't really know anyway.

Google Kentucky firearm laws, people.

Amen!

Automatic firearms are illegal in all states by federal law.  They require a class three firearms permit which are only granted to gun shop owners that supply weapons for police and military forces.

The M4 being a military grade fully-automatic is illegal.  The AR-15 is a civilian version of the same rifle that is semi-automatic.

Not enough people know what they need too about U.S. gun laws even though they live here.

I would recommend all people look up the gun laws for the weapon they intend to suggest.

This is just my own personal view on things, but I hate the idea of automated or high-grade weaponry being implemented in Project Zomboid.

Before PZ, I was a huge fan of DayZ, and you relied quite heavily on finding the best possible weapons in that game to defend yourself against players. More often than not, the game boiled down to 'who has the best weapon' and it got very boring when a pack of heavily armed goons were camping the airfield.

My point; I adore Project Zomboid for what it currently is. I rarely use firearms, I usually keep a loaded pistol in my safehouse's bedroom for extreme circumstances, but I usually stick with melee or avoiding conflict altogether. Even in MP, firearms are my means of DEFENSE, not offense. I would hate for there to be a plethora of weapons that'd essentially turn a Zombie survival game into a PvP arena with zeds sprinkled into the mix - see; H1Z1 or the standalone DayZ

Again, just my personal view. I'm clearly biased towards PvE, but I still think that there's more value in there being not many firearms to begin with.