Baldspot and kate differient endings

LeetgamerBoi

Maybe in a differient ending if you just survive enough, the military cracks down, bombing the cities, and sending troops and tanks to sweep through knox, with flamethrowers and artillery. 

When they reach your fortification, they burn it, and everyone inside it. 

Um... Why exactly?

To the developers:

I was going to buy your game but then I began searching this forum on how I can complete it - and sadly it seems there is no way to do it now.

Please make some sort of ending that will allow you to 'complete' your playthrough. 

Now I know this is considered a sandbox game, but even games like Skyrim could be completed by finishing main storyline.

Maybe "This Is How You Died" thing could end like this:

"This Is How You Died - dying of old age in your impregnable fortress, which you build for the last X years".

OR you could add overall ending score (factoring for example structures build, places explored, injuries survived etc.) - so you could at least beat your own playthroughs.

I very much hope you will make some sort of story ending (other than death) that will 'cut' somewhat monotonous existence once you establish your stronghold.

To the developers:

I was going to buy your game but then I began searching this forum on how I can complete it - and sadly it seems there is no way to do it now.

Please make some sort of ending that will allow you to 'complete' your playthrough. 

Now I know this is considered a sandbox game, but even games like Skyrim could be completed by finishing main storyline.

"This Is How You Died - dying of old age in your impregnable fortress, which you build for the last X years".

OR you could add overall ending score (factoring for example structures build, places explored, injuries survived etc.) - so you could at least beat your own playthroughs.

I very much hope you will make some sort of story ending (other than death) that will 'cut' somewhat monotonous existence once you establish your stronghold.

It was already said that the game is going to have a story mode.

I don't get why you would rather have the ending instead of the story, but okay, I guess...

Also, there isn't going to be an ending in sandbox mode, other than endings you create yourself, AKA roleplaying.

Also, NPCs are going to get rid of the monotonous existence you're speaking of, but the best goals you're going to have are the ones you set for yourself, in my opinion.

Also: Sandbox games that are massively enjoyable but don't have an ending:

Minecraft

Space Engineers

DayZ

Garry's Mod

Terraria

Dwarf Fortress

Payday: The Heist & Payday 2

All of ''The Sims'' Games

Etc...

The problem with winning in this game is that is says that you have no chance of dying in the future, which is statistically impossible, even without dying of old age.  Not to mention once NPCs are added it'll make it 10x harder to survive.

The problem with winning in this game is that is says that you have no chance of dying in the future, which is statistically impossible, even without dying of old age.  Not to mention once NPCs are added it'll make it 10x harder to survive.

You mean "survive" instead of "dying" right?

Adding NPCs dont mean it will be more difficult to survive. It will be a chalenge, but at the same time the NPCs would have to follow the same rules as you and that means that using firearms is like ringing a dinner bell for the zombies.

They would wipe thenselves for you :rolleyes:

I don't really see the need for an "ending". I compare it to real life, honestly. For example, in the movie, the badass kills the last bad guy....breathes a deep sigh of relief, and then mutters something prophetic about right and wrong. Fade to black, cue music, roll credits....

....and leave the hero standing there in middle of the Mojave desert, since he parachuted in to save the beautiful blonde the bad guys kidnapped.

My point is, movies let you accept that when the credits roll, the story is over. I LOVE the fact that this game goes "no, this story goes until it ends, but it doesn't fade out."

I don't really see the need for an "ending". I compare it to real life, honestly. For example, in the movie, the badass kills the last bad guy....breathes a deep sigh of relief, and then mutters something prophetic about right and wrong. Fade to black, cue music, roll credits....

....and leave the hero standing there in middle of the Mojave desert, since he parachuted in to save the beautiful blonde the bad guys kidnapped.

My point is, movies let you accept that when the credits roll, the story is over. I LOVE the fact that this game goes "no, this story goes until it ends, but it doesn't fade out."

Everything must have a end. Be it that the story ends and no one knows what happened to the hero (bad type of ending) or that you are told what happened to the hero.

In this case people started talking about two NPCs endings because they are related to the main character story.

My point on this discussion is that players that manage do DEFEAT all the chalenges created by the devs for this game and manage to survive for a ludricous amount of time (10+ years) should be rewarded by an ending mentioning that they, depistes all odds, mastered the skills to survive the end of times, but still they died of old age.

It should be difficult.

It should take a long time.

It shoud be fair.

Otherwise its not a game.

Everything must have a end. Be it that the story ends and no one knows what happened to the hero (bad type of ending) or that you are told what happened to the hero.

In this case people started talking about two NPCs endings because they are related to the main character story.

My point on this discussion is that players that manage do DEFEAT all the chalenges created by the devs for this game and manage to survive for a ludricous amount of time (10+ years) should be rewarded by an ending mentioning that they, depistes all odds, mastered the skills to survive the end of times, but still they died of old age.

It should be difficult.

It should take a long time.

It shoud be fair.

no, every game does not have to have an end.

i play some games that you can invest hundreds of hours in, do everything possible in the game and still continue to play.

games like Farm Sim 2013 and 2015, Roller Coaster Tycoon 3, Test Drive Unlimited 1 and 2, Perfect Golf, Euro Truck Simulator, soon to play American Truck Simulator when released, and other hunting and fishing related games on my old PS2.

none of those have an ending of any sort, but they would certainly be called games.

not all games must have an ending, and it is better that some don't.

no, every game does not have to have an end.

i play some games that you can invest hundreds of hours in, do everything possible in the game and still continue to play.

games like Farm Sim 2013 and 2015, Roller Coaster Tycoon 3, Test Drive Unlimited 1 and 2, Perfect Golf, Euro Truck Simulator, soon to play American Truck Simulator when released, and other hunting and fishing related games on my old PS2.

none of those have an ending of any sort, but they would certainly be called games.

not all games must have an ending, and it is better that some don't.

Those games you mention either dont have a story behind then or they are profession/occupation simulators.

Games like RPGs, Adventures, FPS, Strategy, RTS and many others that have a cleay backstory present a clear beggining, middle and end.

Project Zomboid is clearly one of those games that must have a beggining, middle and end.

Also, as a game, it must be fair and give a chance for the player to defeat the game.

Fortunately for us, you don't get to decide that Project Zomboid isn't a game just because you happen to not agree with one point of it ;-)

On a more serious note, while it's perfectly fine for you to say "I wish PZ had an ending," or "here's why I think Project Zomboid should have an ending," I'd appreciate it if you wouldn't argue as if your idea is an absolutely and everyone is wrong if you don't agree with it. The game, ultimately, is what the devs decide they want it to be, and it doesn't invalidate PZ as a game just because you don't agree with their decision.

Well I am not arguing. Just expressing my points.

Also I dont deal in absolutes. I never deal in absolutes because except for real life death there is no other absolute :P

I was just expressing my opinion on the matter and sorry if it appeared as I was arguing. English is not my native language and I am far from be completly fluent on it.

I agree with Nightmaster that a game should have an ending - but to satisfy both points of view maybe we could discuss "game score" idea I proposed in my earlier post.

If the game cannot be completed let's award abstract "points" for days/weeks/months/years survived, places visited, zombies killed, objects constructed etc.

It's still not ideal solution that I would like to have in the finished game, but would at least allow me to beat my previous playthroughs. 

Now, without ending, playing again is kinda pointless to me as I have already "been there, seen that, build it" and still could not complete the game.

Just expressing my opinion on how I would like Project Zomboid to be.

For some people here I would say  - please try to understand that for me, and for few other forum members, a game is something like a challenge - which you can complete and finish, not play indefinitely (because Project Zomboid goal is to survive, right?).

For all: Have a Great Easter Holidays! And may there be no tiny zeds in your Easter Eggs!  :-)

To the developers:

You can technically 'complete' the main storyline. There's just no 'winning' the game. But obviously the storyline will end, the devs can't just continuously extend it forever and ever and ever. Eventually they'll have to make some sort of 'ending'. 

But what concerns me about your post is that you haven't even tried it yet and you're letting this dictate whether or not you'll buy it. Not really your opinion about the game but more so that you're discouraged from buying it over something so tiny and seemingly unnecessary. 

I know it may seem like a big deal to you but you haven't seen the depths in which the devs have painstakingly went to in order to make NPC's and stories as deep as they are. Perhaps if you at least give it a shot once NPC's are released you'll change your mind? I'm not saying buy it right now as it's still being worked not and not entirely finished because that's up to you. But once finished or at least once NPC's are in I would highly advise you to give it a shot.

If nothing else I'll even buy you a copy if you'll give me your word that you'll give it a fair shot. Then after you can write a review and what comes of it just comes of it. But I honestly believe that once you play the finish product you will extremely enjoy what they have, ending or no ending. 

Thanks mate! But I want to buy the game myself - and that is why I made my original post here - because I care about the game!

I am attracted to it somehow and will most likely buy it in the end - just wanted to have some sort of ending screen with a summary telling me that I have completed (or not) most of Project Zomboid story/challenges/plot. 

And my guts are telling me developers will provide something like that. :)

Thanks mate! But I want to buy the game myself - and that is why I made my original post here - because I care about the game!

I am attracted to it somehow and will most likely buy it in the end - just wanted to have some sort of ending screen with a summary telling me that I have completed (or not) most of Project Zomboid story/challenges/plot. 

Just remember that the best stories will probably come from the ones you make in Survival, with NPCs

There is something similar. A screen shows days lived, months or years and how many zombies you killed then it shows you the mode you played on. But are you referring to something similar to NeoScavenger? If so I could get into that, although, it might make it a bit too copy and paste if you ask me. 

The game plot will be mostly contextual, AFAIK, with you being dropped out of the core storyline into basically a sandbox. There is no cure, there is no rescue, you will die. They do say it everytime the game loads ;)

The game plot will be mostly contextual, AFAIK, with you being dropped out of the core storyline into basically a sandbox. There is no cure, there is no rescue, you will die. They do say it everytime the game loads ;)

It's die or stay in an perfected superfortress until you get bored and stop playing.

that's the issue.

if you get to late game, you never have to come out.

thus nothing is there to kill you but yourself.

It's die or stay in an perfected superfortress until you get bored and stop playing.

that's the issue.

if you get to late game, you never have to come out.

thus nothing is there to kill you but yourself.

That's a problem in the current game, not the finished game, which is what we're talking about right now.

If, whenever the Devs have finished their wonderful game, and you can stay in a fort with no problems at all, the Devs have clearly done something horribly wrong.  They want to kill you, but they want it to be your fault.  Let's say you couldn't repel an NPC raid, you starve, disease wipes out your citizens, your citizens usurp you like Caesar, or someone gets bit and doesn't tell so they turn within the fort.  The list keeps going.

You mean "survive" instead of "dying" right?

No, I mean even not counting old age death the odds of you not dying in the future is basically impossible. This becomes especially true with NPCs.  NPC raids on your fort, or people trying to usurp you or kill you, starvation, disease, etc, NPCs will be major issues for long lasting survival.

And what do you people think about idea that every singleplayer game should end after fixed amount of time (it could be 4 or 6 in-game years)?

After that period a summary screen would be displayed showing either some kind of gamescore or achievements.

Then you would be allowed to continue playing or simply end (like in Sid Meiers Civilization).

If some kind of explanation for this ending was required you could say that after  4 or 6 years zombies died of starvation and thus the game ended.