Hydrocraft Mod

Hydromancerx

i have a few questions

-in a lets play someone has written something that you could equip more bags than the backpack and secondary? is this correct, wich one is this?

-is their any use of the money?

-like above, how it works with the auger, if i find one, like to know how it works beforehand

-there are a lot of hats and bra etc, is their any use of them? as they dont show up on my char wich would be really nice, the cowboy hat or something :) could be also very nice if they give you somehow resilence against getten scratched, even if they dont show up on the char, then i would wear them

-raincoat, is this working like it should be? prevent from getting wet in the rain? or just warm clothes for the winter time, could be nice to safe 2 points from outdoorsman if this item works

-some of the books describe wich new recipe you would learn, and others like basic maths has nothing, so is there no recipe? not yet? or not in the description?

-binocculars, search for straydog, i have now a pitbull in my inventory, what is this for? for cooking? ;):evil:

i have a few questions

-in a lets play someone has written something that you could equip more bags than the backpack and secondary? is this correct, wich one is this?

-is their any use of the money?

-like above, how it works with the auger, if i find one, like to know how it works beforehand

-there are a lot of hats and bra etc, is their any use of them? as they dont show up on my char wich would be really nice, the cowboy hat or something :) could be also very nice if they give you somehow resilence against getten scratched, even if they dont show up on the char, then i would wear them

-raincoat, is this working like it should be? prevent from getting wet in the rain? or just warm clothes for the winter time, could be nice to safe 2 points from outdoorsman if this item works

-some of the books describe wich new recipe you would learn, and others like basic maths has nothing, so is there no recipe? not yet? or not in the description?

-Hmm that I'm not sure of

-You can use it to make charcoal and kindling i believe but other than that i don't think so. Now Coins can be melted down into bronze ingots if you have quite a few of them!

-Well so far the auger is only used with the crafting of the "Mine Hole", I'm sure there will be more uses in the future :)

-The clothing cant be worn currently because of how complicated modeling is at the moment, I'm sure down the road it will be much easier, Also I don't think its script-able to make clothing do more defense against scratches/bites yet.

-Last time I wore one out in the rain it didn't work for me lol, I'm note sure f this has been fixed or not. (Even the open umbrella didn't work for me either but ill need to try it again since its been awhile).

-The other books are just for, well reading enjoyment for your character to relieve stress and, unhappiness.

I'm using the latest 3.1 build on my server and I can see equipped items such as you've described okay. I created the world fresh, using Hydrocraft 3.1 and PZ Build 32.16.

Hydromancerx:, I was having an issue with items going missing. I applied the Duct Tape Pouch to my Big Hiking Bag, while the bag was equipped on my back, and also a second bag equipped in the secondary hand and the items vanished. Another player on the server had the same problem.

I've had this issue as well, especially when applying the pouches and having it crush all the items IN the backpack/container as well.

The apply-patches-have-to-relog seems to be constant. A lot of players on my server have had this issue recently. Not really gamebreaking TBH...just a minor irritation.

ZOMBIE SCARECROWSS!!!! no more farms being trampled to death ! :D

Wait. That's what they do?! For realsies?! Please tell me that's what they do...XD

I'm adding Hydrocraft items to the wiki, spotted another minor error. I'll edit this post if I find more.

• The "Pushcart" item (HCPushcart) has "DisplayName = Hand Dolly"
  • "Ginerbread" still mispelled in the name of the crafting recipe ("Make Ginerbread Man", but produces "gingerbread man")

I'll add in my contributions as well when I look. Good stuff! Most of the article is crafting materials though.

-The other books are just for, well reading enjoyment for your character to relieve stress and, unhappiness.

Note that SOME of the books are used in Blueprints now alongside the main crafting ones and recipe-learning ones as well.

Anything that's named Field Guide/Textbook tends to be used for something else as well! Don't forget you can learn how to make Traps and Fishing implements as of the recent patches! Check your Crafting panel!

~

That being said: I'm curious about the addition of Showers and some of the new crafting items. Wonder what they do?

Besides the Building menu from Carpentry, I really wonder if there's a way that we can turn a lot of these 'structures' that the mod adds into buildable units besides a deployable item to drop on the floor. I'd like to have a bit more...firmness and rigidity in my buildings where possible hopefully if the game's engine DOES allow such a thing and Hydro's team and the fans can help. Dunno how possible that is though I doubt because of the limitations of the art that's available.

It's just weird in some aspect that a Mine is basically a movable hole-in-the-ground that can fit into my backpack. XD

-Last time I wore one out in the rain it didn't work for me lol, I'm note sure f this has been fixed or not. (Even the open umbrella didn't work for me either but ill need to try it again since its been awhile).

Not 100% sure about Raincoats, but Rain Ponchos make it to where you don't get more than damp in the rain it seems.

Not 100% sure about Raincoats, but Rain Ponchos make it to where you don't get more than damp in the rain it seems.

You're correct there but I think both items keep you at 'Damp' level and nothing more. Don't think there's much a difference because the Poncho is craftable just because of the times that you really CAN'T seem to find a Raincoat in a spawn or are just unlucky?

Not sure if the Trait for not being affected by bad weather helps this but I don't think that being damp causes you any bad effects beside a small chance to get a cold really. Really is a nuisance if you have the traits to get sick easily and end up zombified JUST BECAUSE you caught a cold...

DryTowels mod plus just keeping a Bath Towel on you should be fine anyway! :D

You're correct there but I think both items keep you at 'Damp' level and nothing more. Don't think there's much a difference because the Poncho is craftable just because of the times that you really CAN'T seem to find a Raincoat in a spawn or are just unlucky?

Not sure if the Trait for not being affected by bad weather helps this but I don't think that being damp causes you any bad effects beside a small chance to get a cold really. Really is a nuisance if you have the traits to get sick easily and end up zombified JUST BECAUSE you caught a cold...

wellp guess ill be making the rain poncho then, but you dont need the dry towels mod anymore, hydro added in the clothes line which you can dry towels on now :D

wellp guess ill be making the rain poncho then, but you dont need the dry towels mod anymore, hydro added in the clothes line which you can dry towels on now :D

...say what. O_O

YES.

My dream of living near one of those houses in the woods is now coming up! I can finally be a hermit! XD

Now to figure out what the rest of his devices do...XD

i have a few questions

- Yes, You can equip a bag on your back and your Primary and Secondary slots.

first thx,

but it is still unclear to me...

i copy this from youtube, it was an answer to a former discussion about equipping more bags than the backpack only and equip both hand weapon, but this is not the point

i always have backpack and secondary bag and primary weapon but read this:

from youtube: Luckily in the Hydrocraft mod that we're using you can find pack dog breeds and attach two BHB to them for even more storage

what is that means? attach to them, it sounds to me more bags or maybe bigger inventory, but i didnt find this item in their wiki

or it is related to my former question about the dog ;) attach bag to dog, could i use them like a hauler?^^

thx also to the man with the purple hat ;)

i have a few questions

first thx,

i copy this from youtube, it was an answer to a former discussion about equipping more bags than the backpack only and equip both hand weapon, but this is not the point

from youtube: Luckily in the Hydrocraft mod that we're using you can find pack dog breeds and attach two BHB to them for even more storage

what is that means? attach to them, it sounds to me more bags or maybe bigger inventory, but i didnt find this item in their wiki

or it is related to my former question about the dog ;) attach bag to dog, could i use them like a hauler?^^

If you have a dog of the right breed - Husky, Bermese Mountain Dog, Great Dane and I think one or two others, you can attach bags to them. You can either attach 2 Big Hiking Bags or 2 Big Hiking Bags With Duct Tape Pouches to one of those dogs. If you do, the dog becaomes a container that you can equip to your primary or secondary hand. They're great - they have a 100% weight reduction, and will hold either 44 weight (dog with 2 big hiking bags) or 50 weight (dog with 2 big hiking bags with duct tape pouches).

I think the raincoats affect our temperature more than a poncho - the raincoats act like a sweater as well as keeping you at damp (or however wet you were when you put them on). It can be very handy in winter.

i have a few questions

first thx,

If you have a dog of the right breed - Husky, Bermese Mountain Dog, Great Dane and I think one or two others, you can attach bags to them. You can either attach 2 Big Hiking Bags or 2 Big Hiking Bags With Duct Tape Pouches to one of those dogs. If you do, the dog becaomes a container that you can equip to your primary or secondary hand. They're great - they have a 100% weight reduction, and will hold either 44 weight (dog with 2 big hiking bags) or 50 weight (dog with 2 big hiking bags with duct tape pouches).

I think the raincoats affect our temperature more than a poncho - the raincoats act like a sweater as well as keeping you at damp (or however wet you were when you put them on). It can be very handy in winter.

thx on this,

i have found a pitbull male, so you wrote the right breed, so not all of them could be used for this? any difference betwenn male or female? think not

but still confused, if i attach a hiking bag to the dog, i have to have it equipped as secondary?  so from that point i see no difference yet, or is that mean i could have weapon both handed and have a secondary bag open? have i to feed that dog? as i find some dog biscuits, but more than that i would like to butch that dog and cook it.. of course with big penalty for happiness, but in an case of emergency, i think everybody in reallity would eat a dog :evil:

or is it i equip that dog as secondary maybe? lol, love this feature, hopefully this will be seen somehow like an npc in future

Oh, another thought. How about digging a well with the auger? You'd have to make it hard to do, like a 5% or less chance of finding water and perhaps make the auger consumable.

Already in the works.

You get damp, but not soaked, so you won't get sick in the rain. However if you already wet it will not dry you.

thx on this,

i have found a pitbull male, so you wrote the right breed, so not all of them could be used for this? any difference betwenn male or female? think not

but still confused, if i attach a hiking bag to the dog, i have to have it equipped as secondary?  so from that point i see no difference yet, or is that mean i could have weapon both handed and have a secondary bag open? have i to feed that dog? as i find some dog biscuits, but more than that i would like to butch that dog and cook it.. of course with big penalty for happiness, but in an case of emergency, i think everybody in reallity would eat a dog :evil:

or is it i equip that dog as secondary maybe? lol, love this feature, hopefully this will be seen somehow like an npc in future

A pack dog with bags attached can carry more than just a Big Hiking Bag or Alice Pack for that matter. Just think of it as having a bigger bag in your secondary.  You can feed dogs with dogfood and a dogfood bowl (dish?) which will give you dog poop in return.  You can than use the dog poop in Tannin recipes which makes leather.

A pack dog with bags attached can carry more than just a Big Hiking Bag or Alice Pack for that matter. Just think of it as having a bigger bag in your secondary.  You can feed dogs with dogfood and a dogfood bowl (dish?) which will give you dog poop in return.  You can than use the dog poop in Tannin recipes which makes leather.

i am watching your season 4 right now on youtube, at episode 9, i still waiting to see how you use it their:)

regards sari4tune

edit, in episode 10 i discovered it is listed in the crafting menu ;) so nice that this works together

Absolutely fine for me, and I use more mods than just Hydrocraft.

I doubt Hydrocraft modifies sledgehammer or leveling up, so most likely the problem is not from the mod itself.

As overused as it is: try verifying the integrity of game cache(right click on Zomboid in steam library, click on properties, go to local files and click "verify integrity of game cache") or reinstall the game.

Sorry, but this is all I can recommend, since I've never ran into this problem and so far noone replied that he had ran into it too.

Hope those two methods help, though.

Assuming you use the steam version, delete your old version of Hydrocraft and install it via Subscribe in the Steam Workshop, that might take care of it too, although I concur that the sledgehammer problem sounds like something with the vanilla files - unless you're on a multiplayer server with sledgehammer's disabled.