Hydrocraft Mod

Hydromancerx

Hydromancer, would it be ok if I made some suggestions for altering/expanding the viticulture recipes?

You can always make suggestions. I cannot guarantee it will be applied to the mod, but I am always open to hearing peoples ideas.
Groovy, thank you.

I know a little bit about winemaking (legacy of a misspent youth and some evening classes) and I like the viticulture that Hydrocraft offers, but I think it could be tweaked to be a little closer to how winemaking works in real life without becoming a chore for the players.

In real life, you can make wine using just the yeast found naturally on the skins of grapes (I've heard it referred to as a "bloom" a few times). The limitation on those wild yeasts is that they don't produce particularly strong wine - only up to about 5% alcohol by volume. The yeasts used in modern winemaking have been selectively bred up to have more tolerance for alcohol - yeast ferments sugar to alcohol up to the point that the alcohol concentration becomes poisonous to the yeast - and the yeast you can buy if you're making wine at home, or which is used in commercial operations will get you up to 10-12%. I think there are some that can push a little higher, but to get higher than that, you're really into other processes and making fortified wines.

There's also the issue of dealing with contamination in the wine - there are various nasties that can make the wine unpleasant or undrinkable - which are dealt with in various ways. The method that sticks in my head from classes was that some commercial companies periodically burn sulphur candles in the wine vats, as the sulphur helps kill off or negate the various nasties; you can tell if your wine has been treated that way, because when you first open the bottle, there'll be a faint smell of sulphur.

So, for the existing wine that we can make in game, I think it would be worth making the recipe to ferment the grape juice into wine need a unit of Yeast in addition to the basic barrel of grape juice, and it would be nifty if we could make sulphur candles and also use them in the recipe - or, alternatively, simply require the recipe need a unit of sulphur/sulphur powder and a candle as well as a unit of yeast.

There's also the wine that can be made using natural yeast, which is where winemaking started. It would be nice to be able to produce a second class of wine from a barrel of grape juice, to reflect making this less-alcoholic (and less demanding) version. Rather than needing yeast, sulphur/a sulphur candle and producing bottles of wine, it would be fun to be able to produce something a little more historic (or prehistoric) - amphoras or clay jugs of wine. The romans used to ferment wine and store it in clay amphoras, which I think were sealed with wax for transport. If a barrel of grape juice plus yeast and sulphur makes a barrle of wine, a barrel of grape juice fermented without the extra yeast and sulphur could make a barrel of weak wine, which could then be decanted out into amphoras or jugs rather than bottles - and it could thereby potentially link to both the Pottery skills (through clay jugs/amphoras) and the Apiculture kit (beeswax). It would mean making up new items for full and empty jugs of amphoras, but would be a nice representation of how wine used to be made before the stronger yeasts were bred up over time.

Usually here is where I insert questions but I'm trying hard to see if I can find and understand some of the recipes in-game seeing as there's so MANY!

Still looking to see if there's a way to craft more of the following, besides in-game spawns:

* Cheese (since we can churn Milk from Cows to make Butter in Cooking and Carpentry)

* Salt (Both the seasoning, plain and actual Curing Salt. Not sure if there's any way to do this seeing as Curing Salt is a premium for when it comes to preserving fish. Still having poor luck with Sifting Dirt AND Mining to find Saltpeter...)

* Sugar (I know there's a way to make Honey from your hives seeing that Hydro made it able to CRAFT the Beekeper's Hat and the Smoker now - THANKS SO MUCH! :D but making Sugar somehow to get Sugar Water for making jams seems to elude me now if there is a way.)

* Do Clay-made containers all count as holding vessels for water/food? The Urn, Jar, Teapot, Pipe etc.

* Buckets should be able to hold water. I keep finding the Trick Or Treat ones but I haven't checked to see if there's a recipe to consume or recycle them. I know the Shoulder Carrier that can be crafted with 2x buckets makes a decent backpack in a pinch especially in MP servers where "you use what you get." More options for carrying and backpacks for players is always good.

Now note that I have been looking through the script files but I feel like it's cheating somehow sometimes. I'm writing down and keeping track of a lot of these recipes to add the changes to the wiki when I get a chance.

Hydromancer, would it be ok if I made some suggestions for altering/expanding the viticulture recipes?

You can always make suggestions. I cannot guarantee it will be applied to the mod, but I am always open to hearing peoples ideas.

Groovy, thank you.

I know a little bit about winemaking (legacy of a misspent youth and some evening classes) and I like the viticulture that Hydrocraft offers, but I think it could be tweaked to be a little closer to how winemaking works in real life without becoming a chore for the players.

In real life, you can make wine using just the yeast found naturally on the skins of grapes (I've heard it referred to as a "bloom" a few times). The limitation on those wild yeasts is that they don't produce particularly strong wine - only up to about 5% alcohol by volume. The yeasts used in modern winemaking have been selectively bred up to have more tolerance for alcohol - yeast ferments sugar to alcohol up to the point that the alcohol concentration becomes poisonous to the yeast - and the yeast you can buy if you're making wine at home, or which is used in commercial operations will get you up to 10-12%. I think there are some that can push a little higher, but to get higher than that, you're really into other processes and making fortified wines.

There's also the issue of dealing with contamination in the wine - there are various nasties that can make the wine unpleasant or undrinkable - which are dealt with in various ways. The method that sticks in my head from classes was that some commercial companies periodically burn sulphur candles in the wine vats, as the sulphur helps kill off or negate the various nasties; you can tell if your wine has been treated that way, because when you first open the bottle, there'll be a faint smell of sulphur.

So, for the existing wine that we can make in game, I think it would be worth making the recipe to ferment the grape juice into wine need a unit of Yeast in addition to the basic barrel of grape juice, and it would be nifty if we could make sulphur candles and also use them in the recipe - or, alternatively, simply require the recipe need a unit of sulphur/sulphur powder and a candle as well as a unit of yeast.

There's also the wine that can be made using natural yeast, which is where winemaking started. It would be nice to be able to produce a second class of wine from a barrel of grape juice, to reflect making this less-alcoholic (and less demanding) version. Rather than needing yeast, sulphur/a sulphur candle and producing bottles of wine, it would be fun to be able to produce something a little more historic (or prehistoric) - amphoras or clay jugs of wine. The romans used to ferment wine and store it in clay amphoras, which I think were sealed with wax for transport. If a barrel of grape juice plus yeast and sulphur makes a barrle of wine, a barrel of grape juice fermented without the extra yeast and sulphur could make a barrel of weak wine, which could then be decanted out into amphoras or jugs rather than bottles - and it could thereby potentially link to both the Pottery skills (through clay jugs/amphoras) and the Apiculture kit (beeswax). It would mean making up new items for full and empty jugs of amphoras, but would be a nice representation of how wine used to be made before the stronger yeasts were bred up over time.

I will definitely add yeast to the wine barrel recipe in this update. The other stuff I will hold off until future updates when I have more time to do them. I wanted to get to sausage making next week so I may or may not get to amphora, sulphur candles, etc.

Do you have a recommendation for farming yeast? Since there is only a limited amout of yeast to find in game.

Usually here is where I insert questions but I'm trying hard to see if I can find and understand some of the recipes in-game seeing as there's so MANY!

Still looking to see if there's a way to craft more of the following, besides in-game spawns:

* Cheese (since we can churn Milk from Cows to make Butter in Cooking and Carpentry)

* Salt (Both the seasoning, plain and actual Curing Salt. Not sure if there's any way to do this seeing as Curing Salt is a premium for when it comes to preserving fish. Still having poor luck with Sifting Dirt AND Mining to find Saltpeter...)

* Sugar (I know there's a way to make Honey from your hives seeing that Hydro made it able to CRAFT the Beekeper's Hat and the Smoker now - THANKS SO MUCH! :D but making Sugar somehow to get Sugar Water for making jams seems to elude me now if there is a way.)

* Do Clay-made containers all count as holding vessels for water/food? The Urn, Jar, Teapot, Pipe etc.

* Buckets should be able to hold water. I keep finding the Trick Or Treat ones but I haven't checked to see if there's a recipe to consume or recycle them. I know the Shoulder Carrier that can be crafted with 2x buckets makes a decent backpack in a pinch especially in MP servers where "you use what you get." More options for carrying and backpacks for players is always good.

Now note that I have been looking through the script files but I feel like it's cheating somehow sometimes. I'm writing down and keeping track of a lot of these recipes to add the changes to the wiki when I get a chance.

1. Cheese Making is coming in v3.1.

2. Yeah saltpeter is currently the only way to get more Salted Meats.

3. There are plans to use sugar based vegetables like sugar beets to get sugar. I am open to ideas on ways to make renewable sugar.

4. Sottta. Some have things that go into them but they don't hold all foods and stuff. Its something to look into though.

5. Blue Buckets and Wooden Buckets can hold water. Wooden Buckets can hold lots of other things too. the Candy Bucket is a type of bag and not a water container. Its ment to put candy in it not water.

6. In the past it was like cheating but with the in game crafting menu it reveals all recipes anyways.

cheesemaking_zpsdvh1w2zi.jpg

Hydrocraft v3.1 has been released!

Which includes ...

- Can pull sheets of Paper out of generic Books.

- An ignition source is now required for all charcoal based recipes.

- Fixed Fried Rice bug.

- Fermenting Grape Juice into Wine now requires Yeast.

- Fixed a bunch of other small bugs.

- Added Cheese Making Textbook and Sausage Making Textbook

- Added Cheese Making recipes and items (Cheese Tray, Cheese Vat, Cheese Rack, Cheese Wheel, etc).

- Added Rabbit Hutch and changed Rabbit Breeding to require it. Rabbits also require food and water for breeding.

- Added Compass Mod by ethanwdp which makes Compass, Map and GPS work!!

Enjoy!

cheesemaking_zpsdvh1w2zi.jpg

Hydrocraft v3.1 has been released!

Which includes ...

- Can pull sheets of Paper out of generic Books.

- An ignition source is now required for all charcoal based recipes.

- Fixed Fried Rice bug.

- Fermenting Grape Juice into Wine now requires Yeast.

- Fixed a bunch of other small bugs.

- Added Cheese Making Textbook and Sausage Making Textbook

- Added Cheese Making recipes and items (Cheese Tray, Cheese Vat, Cheese Rack, Cheese Wheel, etc).

- Added Rabbit Hutch and changed Rabbit Breeding to require it. Rabbits also require food and water for breeding.

- Added Compass Mod by ethanwdp which makes Compass, Map and GPS work!!

Enjoy!

This looks awesome Hydromancerx!  So much stuff is added each week it's hard to keep up :)  Looking forward to showing off some of the additions to the viewers.  Keep up the great work!!

I will definitely add yeast to the wine barrel recipe in this update. The other stuff I will hold off until future updates when I have more time to do them. I wanted to get to sausage making next week so I may or may not get to amphora, sulphur candles, etc.

Do you have a recommendation for farming yeast? Since there is only a limited amout of yeast to find in game.

I can recommend a couple of methods for cultivating yeast, depending on whether you have some yeast to begin with and how much you want to make in one go. You'll need to make a couple of new items up if you want to represent the full method, but I think you've got almost everything you need in game already - and it could be a good way of doing more with some of the existing items.

To make a small amount of yeast without having any yeast to begin with, you can start with a potato. You need to boil the potato (keeping the water it was boiled in), then mash it (usually with a small amount of sugar and salt) and let it cool. You then take the water that the potato was originally boiled in and add it back to the mashed potato, mixing them both together. When you've got the mix right you cover the mix and leave it somewhere warm to ferment, and it'll produce a small quantity of yeast - about enough that you could successfully make a loaf of bread with it, for example, so in game terms, maybe one unit.

If you've already got yeast to begin with, then you can cultivate it and make quite large quantities (and I'm having flashbacks to my university days here) but in game terms, you'd need the following items at various points:

- boiled/sterilised water

- yeast

- gelatin (possibly something that could be extracted from dead sheep or cows as another byproduct, like the intestines and bones at the moment?) or another medium, like yoghurt

- jars with lids (one for each unit of yeast)

- alcohol wipes or another item that can be used for sterilizing/disinfecting things

- a syringe

- a funnel

- a glass flask

The first stage after getting some boiled water is to sterilize the funnel the glass flask by boiling them in water and then letting them dry - we used to wash them through with nitric acid and let them dry in warm ovens, but that's maybe a bit excessive.

When you've got your sterile equipment, you start by putting some of the boiled water into the glass flask, heating it, and then adding the gelatin (or the yoghurt) - it's going to be what the yeast grows in. I'm assuming that you don't want us all running around looking for pre-prepared agar gels and the like in game ;) When the gelatin has dissolved completely, you put some in each of the glass jars using the sterile funnel.

You then stand the glass jars up in a large pot, put the lids in the pot as well (but not on the jars), then add enough water to cover the lids and come about halfway up the jars and boil it all. You need to be careful not to get water into the gelatin mix, so don't boil it too hard, and when they've boiled for a while, you take them using something like a pair of tongs so that you don't handle them directly, and let them cool off. It's normally best to leave them for a day or so, to make sure they've cooled properly, but you put the lids on the jars after about 20-30 minutes - put them on too soon, and you end up with a vacuum inside the jars as they cool, which'll either make the lids a lot harder to remove or, worst case, make the jars implode.

When you've got the jars of gelatin ready to go, you take the glass flask, add a little boiled water, and then mix in a packet of yeast. Some of the yeasts need to be prepared differently, but the ones I remember you added to the water and then shook the flask gently for a while; the yeast would get agitated and start swelling, forming a paste with the water. When the paste is ready, you wipe your syringe down - particularly the needle - with an alcohol wipe, to make it sterile. (I'm assuming that you don't want to code up the pippettes with disposable tips used in labs).

You then take a little of the yeast from the flask at a time and inject it into the gelatin mix in the jars one at a time. You should really wipe the needle down each time, so that if it gets contaminated, you only lose one jar's worth. When you've added some of the yeast paste to each of the jars with gelatin in you seal the jars, wipe the outsides down with alcohol wipes to remove any contamination that may have gotten onto them while you were adding the yeast, and put them somewhere dark and relatively cool for a while - two to three days, if I remember correctly. After that two to three days you need to loosen the lid of each jar a little - enough that it hisses - and then tighten them up again. Yeast produces carbon dioxide as it grows, which you need to let escape from the jar periodically. The yeast will form a white layer on top of the gelatin mix as it grows, and so long as you keep the jars refrigerator-cold and there's gelatin left in the jars, they'll keep growing indefinitely.

You could use test tubes with sterile bungs in place of glass jars with lids for growing the yeast samples in - you wouldn't get as much yeast, but it would be another use for test tubes in-game. Or, maybe you could have three yeast recipes - one using the potato, one for using gelatin/glass jars, and one for using test tubes and yoghurt - that way, you'd be able to get yeast in small (potato), medium (yoghurt/test tubes) and large (gelatin/glass jars) quantities.

Yeast from potatoes:

Take one unit of mashed potato (consumed) plus one fresh potato (consumed) plus one cooking pot of water (return empty pot) plus sieve (keep) plus 1 ziploc bag (consumed) to generate one unit of Yeast.

Yeast from gelatin/yeast:

I'm not sure how to represent sterilization. I think that maybe the best way is to have a new item called a "flask of sterile water" that works like the yellow bottles of lemon juice (not the ones you get from juicing lemons, but the ones that you can find) but which can be made from a glass flask, water and a heat source, maybe like the way jams are cooked at the moment. You'd need to return the glass flask once the sterilised water's been consumed, though.

1 unit from flask of sterilised water plus funnel (consumed) plus latex gloves (keep) = sterile funnel.

Glass flask (consumed) plus 1 unit of sterilised water plus 1 unit of Gelatin (consumed) plus latex gloves (keep) produces a Glass Flask of Gelatin Wort

Glass flask (existing item, consumed) plus 1 unit of sterilised water plus 1 unit of Yeast (consumed) plus latex gloves (keep) produces a Glass Flask of Yeast Paste

Glass Flask of Yeast Paste (consumed) plus Glass Flask of Gelatin Wort (consumed) plus 4 Jars with Lids (consumed) plus Syringe (keep) plus latex gloves (keep) plus tongs (keep) plus sterile funnel (consumed) plus 1 unit from Alcohol Wipes or 1 unit of Disinfectant (both are items consumed in stages, I think) produces 2 standard Glass Flasks (the flasks from the yeast paste and wort being returned), 1 funnel and 4 Jars of Fermenting Yeast.

1 Jar of Fermenting Yeast (consumed) plus 2 Ziploc bags (consumed) returns 1 Jar with Lid and 2 units of Yeast.

Yeast from yoghurt/yeast:

Glass flask (existing item, consumed) plus 1 unit of sterilised water plus 1 Yoghurt (consumed) plus latex gloves (keep) plus tongs (keep) produces a Glass Flask of Yoghurt Wort

Glass Flask of Yeast Paste (consumed) plus Glass Flask of Yoghurt Wort (consumed) plus 4 Test Tubes (consumed) plus 2 units of sterilised water plus Syringe (keep) plus latex gloves (keep) plus tongs (keep) produces 2 standard Glass Flasks (the flasks from the yeast paste and wort being returned) and 4 Test Tubes of Fermenting Yeast.

1 Test Tube of Fermenting yeast (consumed) plus 1 Ziploc bag (consumed) returns 1 Test Tube and 1 unit of Yeast.

You could generate images for the Glass Flask of Yeast Paste, Glass Flask of Gelatin Wort and Glass Flask of Yoghurt Wort by taking the existing Glass Flask image and tinting the bulbous portion of the flask slightly - it wouldn't need to be a strong tint (most solutions are very pale in colour, if coloured at all, outside of tv shows). Yeast paste should be white/off-white, the gelatin wort could be red/pink and the yoghurt wort faintly yellow or green. For the Jars of Fermenting Yeast and the Test Tubes of Fermenting Yeast, you could use the existing images for jams/etc and test tubes and recolour them to be slightly grey.

The recipes would make Glass Flasks more valuable as items, which also makes glassworking even nicer (assuming that you can't find some Glass Flasks), and I think adds additional uses for latex gloves, tongs, syringes and sieves. The latex gloves, glass flasks, tongs, syringes, jars, funnel and test tubes should all be reuseable - the consumables should be the yeast, the yoghurt or gelatin, and the sterilised water, but it does make people jump through hopes a bit to assemble all the items if they want to make yeast in bigger batches.

if you wanted to make things more complicated, you could add another new item - rubber bungs, made using the rubbercrafting skills/text book - and make them reuseable items, and insist that each recipe also use one rubber bung per glass flask or test tube involved. It'd be only fair to give them back the bungs as the items are freed up, but it would also move things a step closer to working science - the bungs would represent the flasks and test tubes being stoppered in a fashion that reduces the risk of contamination, to avoid realism being broken by having open flasks of sterilised water and test tubes hanging around in crates or near dead zombies and the like.

Does that help at all? One thing I did think of is that if the recipes for yeast work, given that you're basically creating a system for generating lab equipment/resources and cultivating bacteria, you're actually most of the way towards having a crafting system for generating other in-game items, like antibiotics, painkillers and the like, using the flasks of sterilised water and the flasks of gelatin as base components. I'm not sure how much you want to get into that side of things in the game, though? You could (in theory) work up a simple penicillin/antibiotic recipe using most of what's above, but replacing the yeast with mouldy bread, for example. For things like painkillers it would be a little bit trickier, depending on how indepth you wanted to make it, and whether or not you want to go the whole hog and start seeding precursor chemicals, pill presses and the like around the game.

ETA: Thinking about it some more, you could make the latex gloves consumable as well, but if you do that, I think you'd need to add boxes of 50/100 latex gloves to the game as findable items, and consider allowing players to make latex gloves too. In the labs, latex gloves were definitely consumable items - we got through loads of them - but it would be an extra level of difficulty for players if they can't make them themselves or find them in the same sort of quantities that they can find ziploc bags at the moment. Of course if you're going to let people make them, because I'm evil, I'd suggest that you make a required (but not consumed) item involved in the recipe - a ppair of carved wooden or stone hands, to use as mold masters. You could also make the recipes above more complicated by requiring not just tongs in all of them, but also a pair of safety glasses. Nobody wants boiling gelatin wort in their eyes, after all...

Hey! Love this mod, thanks for all your work! I noticed two minor errors:

• "Make Bowl of Salsa" recipe gives Bowl of Guacamole instead
  • All recipes dealing with gingerbread men spell it as "ginerbread"

And regarding the yeast - I'm more thinking of breadmaking, but would it be possible to create a "bread/wine starter" item? Water + flour + jar + time. That'd give you a sourdough starter in real life, though you're meant to constantly feed it with fresh flour over the course of a week to create a viable colony. So long as it's constantly fed it'll be fine, so perhaps treat it as if it were going through "stages" of development that require inputs of flour/cornflour/potato flour and water, over the course of a week? It's not going to be top-quality pure stuff, but it's certainly good enough to bake with.

Thank you Hyromancerx :) I eagerly keep an eye on this thread, your work is amazeballs :D

NoMiS, looking forward to watching the new Hydrocraft additions in your upcoming videos (I only found you about a week ago while searching for Hydrocraft videos).

You bet Rekkie, I should be able to cover a few of the new things early next week!

Yikes! Will fix for the next update.

Using V3.0b or v3.1 attempting to reload a slingshot with bbs crashes my game :mad:

Using build 32.16 of PZ, btw.

Can you replicate and report what it says in the console before it crashes?

Just noticed a problem with the mod.

I was using the vanilla map item to test it. Therefore, it doesn't recognize Hydrocrafts map. It was set to find and return Map, not HCMap. All bugs should be squished now:

Updated mod:

attachicon.gifCompass Mod Hotfix.zip

Thanks. I will include it in next weeks update. No need to release a new version just for that.

Yikes! Will fix for the next update.

Using V3.0b or v3.1 attempting to reload a slingshot with bbs crashes my game :mad:

Just noticed a problem with the mod.

I was using the vanilla map item to test it. Therefore, it doesn't recognize Hydrocrafts map. It was set to find and return Map, not HCMap. All bugs should be squished now:

Updated mod:

attachicon.gifCompass Mod Hotfix.zip

Thanks. I will include it in next weeks update. No need to release a new version just for that.

No biggie. It's a pretty small bug.

STACK TRACE
-----------------------------------------
Callframe at: se.krka.kahlua.integration.expose.MultiLuaJavaInvoker@3bbc8f7d
function: rackingStart -- file: ISShotgunWeapon.lua line # 138
function: start -- file: ISRackAction.lua line # 14
Callframe at: StartAction
function: begin -- file: ISBaseTimedAction.lua line # 61
function: addToQueue -- file: ISTimedActionQueue.lua line # 26
function: add -- file: ISTimedActionQueue.lua line # 97
function: startRacking -- file: ISReloadManager.lua line # 306
function: checkRackConditions -- file: ISReloadManager.lua line # 273
java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:57)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:606)
at se.krka.kahlua.integration.expose.caller.MethodCaller.call(MethodCaller.java:61)
at se.krka.kahlua.integration.expose.LuaJavaInvoker.call(LuaJavaInvoker.java:199)
at se.krka.kahlua.integration.expose.MultiLuaJavaInvoker.call(MultiLuaJavaInvoker.java:72)
at se.krka.kahlua.vm.KahluaThread.callJava(KahluaThread.java:181)
at se.krka.kahlua.vm.KahluaThread.luaMainloop(KahluaThread.java:982)
at se.krka.kahlua.vm.KahluaThread.call(KahluaThread.java:162)
at se.krka.kahlua.vm.KahluaThread.pcall(KahluaThread.java:1726)
at se.krka.kahlua.vm.KahluaThread.pcall(KahluaThread.java:1641)
at se.krka.kahlua.integration.LuaCaller.pcall(LuaCaller.java:72)
at zombie.characters.CharacterTimedActions.LuaTimedActionNew.start(LuaTimedActionNew.java:61)
at zombie.characters.IsoGameCharacter.StartAction(IsoGameCharacter.java:4818)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:57)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
at se.krka.kahlua.integration.expose.caller.MethodCaller.call(MethodCaller.java:61)
at se.krka.kahlua.integration.expose.LuaJavaInvoker.call(LuaJavaInvoker.java:199)
at se.krka.kahlua.integration.expose.LuaJavaInvoker.call(LuaJavaInvoker.java:189)
at se.krka.kahlua.vm.KahluaThread.callJava(KahluaThread.java:181)
at se.krka.kahlua.vm.KahluaThread.luaMainloop(KahluaThread.java:982)
at se.krka.kahlua.vm.KahluaThread.call(KahluaThread.java:162)
at se.krka.kahlua.vm.KahluaThread.pcall(KahluaThread.java:1726)
at se.krka.kahlua.vm.KahluaThread.pcallvoid(KahluaThread.java:1671)
at se.krka.kahlua.integration.LuaCaller.pcallvoid(LuaCaller.java:53)
at se.krka.kahlua.integration.LuaCaller.protectedCallVoid(LuaCaller.java:81)
at zombie.Lua.Event.trigger(Event.java:37)
at zombie.Lua.LuaEventManager.triggerEvent(LuaEventManager.java:83)
at zombie.characters.IsoPlayer.update(IsoPlayer.java:2089)
at zombie.iso.IsoCell.ProcessObjects(IsoCell.java:1337)
at zombie.iso.IsoCell.update(IsoCell.java:5165)
at zombie.iso.IsoWorld.update(IsoWorld.java:2332)
at zombie.gameStates.IngameState.update(IngameState.java:1220)
at zombie.gameStates.GameStateMachine.update(GameStateMachine.java:101)
at zombie.GameWindow.logic(GameWindow.java:629)
at zombie.GameWindow.run(GameWindow.java:1174)
at zombie.GameWindow.maina(GameWindow.java:982)
at zombie.gameStates.MainScreenState.main(MainScreenState.java:162)
at com.exe4j.runtime.LauncherEngine.launch(Unknown Source)
at com.exe4j.runtime.WinLauncher.main(Unknown Source)
Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException
at zombie.core.network.ByteBufferWriter.putUTF(ByteBufferWriter.java:47)
at zombie.network.GameClient.PlayWorldSound(GameClient.java:3925)
at zombie.network.GameClient.PlayWorldSound(GameClient.java:3917)
at zombie.SoundManager.PlayWorldSound(SoundManager.java:737)
at zombie.SoundManager.PlayWorldSound(SoundManager.java:721)

-The end of the console log following a crash, hope it helps

I don't know if this was intended or not, but when I pack planks into a lumber stack, I get Carpentry XP. When I unpack them, I get the same amount of XP again. With the Carpenter profession and the handy perk, I can just sit in my third story storage area packing and unpacking planks to get free XP with a 125% boost at no risk and using no resources (and that's without reading a book as well). Might be a tad bit game breaking :P

I don't know if this was intended or not, but when I pack planks into a lumber stack, I get Carpentry XP. When I unpack them, I get the same amount of XP again. With the Carpenter profession and the handy perk, I can just sit in my third story storage area packing and unpacking planks to get free XP with a 125% boost at no risk and using no resources (and that's without reading a book as well). Might be a tad bit game breaking :P

If anyone knows how to remove it from getting carpentry XP please let me know. For now it just too good of a recipe in the game to remove.

If anyone knows how to remove it from getting carpentry XP please let me know. For now it just too good of a recipe in the game to remove.

I dont know how to remove the XP recipee, the only thing you could do tho for now is to make it it so when you unpack the stack, it uses the rope up.

Think of it as cutting the rope to untie the stack. While it doesnt fix the problem, it just makes it so that the player has to go out of his way to get rope to do it.