Hydrocraft Mod

Hydromancerx

I'm not very good at modding Zomboid (pretty new to the game actually), however might I suggest making the recipe function more like the lumber crates? When I stack Lumber Stacks into a Lumber Crate or Make a crate into stacks I do not receive xp. It is only granted when I bind planks into the initial lumber stacks or vice versa.

I don't know if this was intended or not, but when I pack planks into a lumber stack, I get Carpentry XP. When I unpack them, I get the same amount of XP again. With the Carpenter profession and the handy perk, I can just sit in my third story storage area packing and unpacking planks to get free XP with a 125% boost at no risk and using no resources (and that's without reading a book as well). Might be a tad bit game breaking :P

If anyone knows how to remove it from getting carpentry XP please let me know. For now it just too good of a recipe in the game to remove.

From what I've been able to tell digging into recipe files and how the game handles them, remove the 'category' line under the recipe. It reads Category:Carpentry, right now. Without a category line it doesn't register to add XP as if you'd used a skill related recipe. Treats it as generic, like taking a battery out of a flashlight.

Edit: I checked the log stacking recipes, and those do list carpentry in their entries, so I'm not sure why those don't grant carpentry XP but the lumber stacking does. I tested it out by removing the Category:carpentry entry and it still granted experience, so I'm way off :P

Edit 2: Found it... these lines are commented out, but it must be implemented somewhere else. In the XP system from crafting, anything that involves planks grants woodworking XPs:

This was under ProjectZomboid\media\lua\server\XpSystem\XpUpdate.lua

--~ if resultItem:getType():contains("Plank") then
--~ getPlayer():getXp():AddXP(Perks.Woodwork, 3);
--~ end
--~ if item:getType():contains("Plank") then
--~ end

So... anyway, I don't know how to bypass that yet... but it's a start

But that also makes it impossible to stack the lumber back up from a mistake or use that rope for other things. Can we at least get back the thick rope used in the crates of lumber?

Thick rope has always been returned for me. Also, with the recipe to make sheet ropes into ropes and then ropes onto thick ropes, these two resources shouldn't be do hard do come by I'd it does come down to that solution.

I think you misunderstood me...I know it takes a total of 6 rope to make a crate of lumber(three normal rope and a thick rope). But it would be a waste if we lose all 6 of them with thrandisher's suggestion, hence why I asked if the thick rope could be saved should the suggestion goes through.

I think you misunderstood me...I know it takes a total of 6 rope to make a crate of lumber(three normal rope and a thick rope). But it would be a waste if we lose all 6 of them with thrandisher's suggestion, hence why I asked if the thick rope could be saved should the suggestion goes through.

Ah. I see your point. While it does suck if the rope is lost, I would personally rather lose the rope than go from level 1-10 Carpentry after getting 6 ropes and 12 planks without ever leaving a safe area (I.e. second floor with stairs sledgehammered out). This issue, to me at least, makes survival a bit too easy due to how strong you can make your fortifications in such a short span of time (not to mention the crafting benifits). While there may not be a perfect solution, I'd rather sacrifice the rope over making the game too easy to survive in. However that a just me. As far as I'm concerned, I never pack or unpack planks unless I am building a major project such as a new floor on my base or whatnot. It is an avoidable exploit for those who don't build as much, but a game breaking one as well for those that focus carpentry (like myself) imo.

I don't know if this was intended or not, but when I pack planks into a lumber stack, I get Carpentry XP. When I unpack them, I get the same amount of XP again. With the Carpenter profession and the handy perk, I can just sit in my third story storage area packing and unpacking planks to get free XP with a 125% boost at no risk and using no resources (and that's without reading a book as well). Might be a tad bit game breaking :P

If anyone knows how to remove it from getting carpentry XP please let me know. For now it just too good of a recipe in the game to remove.

From what I've been able to tell digging into recipe files and how the game handles them, remove the 'category' line under the recipe. It reads Category:Carpentry, right now. Without a category line it doesn't register to add XP as if you'd used a skill related recipe. Treats it as generic, like taking a battery out of a flashlight.

Edit: I checked the log stacking recipes, and those do list carpentry in their entries, so I'm not sure why those don't grant carpentry XP but the lumber stacking does. I tested it out by removing the Category:carpentry entry and it still granted experience, so I'm way off :P

Edit 2: Found it... these lines are commented out, but it must be implemented somewhere else. In the XP system from crafting, anything that involves planks grants woodworking XPs:

This was under ProjectZomboid\media\lua\server\XpSystem\XpUpdate.lua

--~ if resultItem:getType():contains("Plank") then
--~ end
--~ if item:getType():contains("Plank") then
--~ end

So... anyway, I don't know how to bypass that yet... but it's a start

yeah I was already aware of the lua but i have no idea how to pack planks and still allow this code to give xp for sawing planks.

Ah. I see your point. While it does suck if the rope is lost, I would personally rather lose the rope than go from level 1-10 Carpentry after getting 6 ropes and 12 planks without ever leaving a safe area (I.e. second floor with stairs sledgehammered out). This issue, to me at least, makes survival a bit too easy due to how strong you can make your fortifications in such a short span of time (not to mention the crafting benifits). While there may not be a perfect solution, I'd rather sacrifice the rope over making the game too easy to survive in. However that a just me. As far as I'm concerned, I never pack or unpack planks unless I am building a major project such as a new floor on my base or whatnot. It is an avoidable exploit for those who don't build as much, but a game breaking one as well for those that focus carpentry (like myself) imo.

In the mean time some self control from the player is all I can suggest. Don't explot the exploits, only pack or unpack lumber when you need to.

Hydromancer, I've been playing with the latest version of hydrocraft, and I just wanted to check a couple of things. Has the availability of Alice bags changed at all? I'm not sure if it's because I'm playing in New Denver, but I haven't found a single Alice bag on a zombie or in a building yet, and I've been through a few hundred zombies alone. I've been putting it down to bad luck, as I know NoMIS found some in his playthrough, but it seems odd that even though I'm playing with the same character settings I was using in Murtaugh, I'm not finding any - when in Murtaugh, I found about a dozen in the first two weeks.

The other thing I wanted to ask about was feathers/feather dusters; would it be possible to make feathers weigh 0.01, like coins and bills, rather than the 0.1 they weight now? As it is, if I recycle a feather duster, the net weight goes up, because a feather duster weighs 0.1 but each feather also weighs 0.1.

Hydromancer, I've been playing with the latest version of hydrocraft, and I just wanted to check a couple of things. Has the availability of Alice bags changed at all? I'm not sure if it's because I'm playing in New Denver, but I haven't found a single Alice bag on a zombie or in a building yet, and I've been through a few hundred zombies alone. I've been putting it down to bad luck, as I know NoMIS found some in his playthrough, but it seems odd that even though I'm playing with the same character settings I was using in Murtaugh, I'm not finding any - when in Murtaugh, I found about a dozen in the first two weeks.

The other thing I wanted to ask about was feathers/feather dusters; would it be possible to make feathers weigh 0.01, like coins and bills, rather than the 0.1 they weight now? As it is, if I recycle a feather duster, the net weight goes up, because a feather duster weighs 0.1 but each feather also weighs 0.1.

I can't remember which update it was but Alice Packs were made a lot rarer I believe, kind of like the Katanas.  Come to think of it, I can't really remember the last time we found one in our playthrough...I think most of the ones we have came from before that update was released.  Keep looking through those bodies and crates!

I can't remember which update it was but Alice Packs were made a lot rarer I believe, kind of like the Katanas.  Come to think of it, I can't really remember the last time we found one in our playthrough...I think most of the ones we have came from before that update was released.  Keep looking through those bodies and crates!

Well, drat. I've found one katana so far, and still no Alice packs. I've upgraded some big hiking bags to bags with pouches... maybe I'll find a couple of packdogs that I can use to carry stuff instead. Searching would be a lot easier if it wasn't for all the blasted zombies.

I'm not sure if you are interested, but I was looking through Svarog's item category mod, and I was wondering if you wanted to add your own categories to some of your items.

For example, you can make a category for your insects, like so:

shared/translate/EN/IG_UI_EN.txt (not sure if txt file name matters)

IGUI_EN = {      IGUI_ItemCat_Insect = "Insect", }

and then use

DisplayCategory = Insect,

in your item Defs.

His mod so far adds the following labels. Cooking, Material, Repair, Seeds, Tools..
if you wanted, you could probably make use of the same mechanics yourself.

1. Yes Large Alice Packs, Medium Alice Packs and Katanas no longer spawn on zombies. You have to find them in containers.

2. Yeah Feather Dusters and feathers should weight less. Probably fly swatters too.

I'm not sure if you are interested, but I was looking through Svarog's item category mod, and I was wondering if you wanted to add your own categories to some of your items.

IGUI_EN = { 

IGUI_ItemCat_Insect = "Insect", 

}

and then use

in your item Defs.

His mod so far adds the following labels. Cooking, Material, Repair, Seeds, Tools..

infact I have been looking into this. However I wondered if it would be weird i the Hydrocract Bugs say their bugs and then the Base game Bugs like Crickets, Grasshoppers and Worms don't

IGUI_EN = { 

IGUI_ItemCat_Insect = "Insect", 

}

and then use

in your item Defs.

infact I have been looking into this. However I wondered if it would be weird i the Hydrocract Bugs say their bugs and then the Base game Bugs like Crickets, Grasshoppers and Worms don't

If there were some way to inject extra data to an existing item and add in the "DisplayCategory", this should then be easy for you to do... Though I my self wouldn't know how to do that.

Perhaps I'll look into possibilities, once I get more familiar with PZ LUA..

Hey there! Just made an account to say that this is by far the BEST Project Zomboid mod ever haha. I have a ton of ideas that could be added in if you dont mine me posting them on here? Another reason i'm here today is to let you know of a bug I just found, I just made a clay teapot (using red clay, dont know if that matters) and was going to go put it away when I realised that right after crafting it in the kiln that it was already full! I was like well thats strange so i went to dump it out and walked back over to put it away and it was full again lol, no matter how much I pour out it refills itself haha. Another bug I noticed is since 3.0 I think, I Havent found any Lite or Menthol ciggarette (which made my character and I quite sad, because we both are dirty menthol smokers :P ). And also The pumpkin art does not show up.

I also dont know if this is a bug, but ive played over 400 hours of this game using your mod since it was in 2.4,  and through that whole time playing I have never found the following objects,

Suture Needle Holder, Dice, Digital Watches, Glasses, Lamp, Radio, Rain Boots, TV Remote, Socks (The blue ones, I only find the Pink striped ones) Toy Bear, Dart, Doggie Chew Toy, Leash, Golf Ball, Picture Frame, Speaker, Water Dish, Amp, Knitting Needles, Bell, Blow torch Items. Also out of those 400 hours and multiple characters ive only found 3 House Alarms (the Item).

I'm not 100% if its your mod causeing this, but i thought Id bring it up just incase it was, I know most of the items dont do much, but the electronics i really could use and the Suture Needle Holder ^_^

I also dont know if this is a bug, but ive played over 400 hours of this game using your mod since it was in 2.4,  and through that whole time playing I have never found the following objects,

Suture Needle Holder, Dice, Digital Watches, Glasses, Lamp, Radio, Rain Boots, TV Remote, Socks (The blue ones, I only find the Pink striped ones) Toy Bear, Dart, Doggie Chew Toy, Leash, Golf Ball, Picture Frame, Speaker, Water Dish, Amp, Knitting Needles, Bell, Blow torch Items. Also out of those 400 hours and multiple characters ive only found 3 House Alarms (the Item).

I'm not 100% if its your mod causeing this, but i thought Id bring it up just incase it was, I know most of the items dont do much, but the electronics i really could use and the Suture Needle Holder ^_^

If you are playing on an existing world from previous updates of the mod before the items were implimented, cells that were already loaded won't spawn the items added after the cell was first spawned (until the cell respawn happens, if it is turned on)

If you are playing on an existing world from previous updates of the mod before the items were implimented, cells that were already loaded won't spawn the items added after the cell was first spawned (until the cell respawn happens, if it is turned on)

True, But when ever I have an update I start a brand new character/world each time (except this character Ive started on Hydro-3.1 haha im keeping this one forever :P) So I know thats not the case :\ 

EDIT: lol it figures, I found a Dart just now after posting my question hahah, just my luck   <_<

Sorry for the dumb question but we are running a little private servers with two friends, and we can't figure out how to spawn a car... :/

This mod doesn't add cars; I mean, at least I don't think that part of it isn't functioning yet.

Edited by Coterminus

I think there may be a bug with the fishtanks turning tainted water from rain collecting barrels into drinkable water when filling them up.  I'm not 100% sure but I didn't notice any tainted water indicator on the full fishtanks when I filled them from the barrels or when I poured the water from the fishtanks into water bottles.  Has anyone else come across this?

Sorry for the dumb question but we are running a little private servers with two friends, and we can't figure out how to spawn a car... :/

Do the console command of ...

/additem "Zoudoge" "Hydrocraft.HCCar"

The items can be found under the Hydrocraft/media/scripts/Auto

They have 4 variations for each vehicle. Facing left (clean), facing right (clean), facing left (dirty) and facing right (dirty).

bloodycars_zps3agbfbos.jpg

Most of those items you listed can be found in the Mall. Radio, Glasses, Lamp, Toy Bear, Dart, Speaker, Amp, Knitting Needles, Picture Frame and Digital Watches in particular

I'm having some trouble with dried fruit, definitely with apple slices I will check with others. I can mix them with lemon juice and get them on the baking trays and cook them no problem, but when I move the finished result "Dried Apple Slices" to my inventory it shows up for a second then instantly vanishes without a trace. The baking trays are gone too.