Hydrocraft Mod

Hydromancerx

I've yet to fully explore this massive mod but so far it's great.

I have a question about the wheelbarrow and other container items that have a massive capacity but a small weight reduction bonus.

How do I use them properly? I mean, I can carry 2 backpacks in my hands that would weight less, would let me carry more and I could drop them while they're loaded.

There aren't any packs that can carry more than the wheelbarrow, toy wagon, or hand trolly. The trick is not to drop them before you unload them.

Hydromancer, has the availability of apiculture items changed recently? I ask because in the New Denver game I started about a month ago, I found a full set of the equipment (including half a dozen stage 1 beehives) by searching the garages of a couple of residential blocks, but this time through I've not found a single item - no hats, no smokers, no beehives, etc - despite last night looting my way through a couple of particularly rich areas, including the New Denver hardware store, the off-licence with all the crates in the back and a handful of shops near them. I've also been through the homes and garages near my base with no sign of anything, and that seems... odd.

Hydromancer, has the availability of apiculture items changed recently? I ask because in the New Denver game I started about a month ago, I found a full set of the equipment (including half a dozen stage 1 beehives) by searching the garages of a couple of residential blocks, but this time through I've not found a single item - no hats, no smokers, no beehives, etc - despite last night looting my way through a couple of particularly rich areas, including the New Denver hardware store, the off-licence with all the crates in the back and a handful of shops near them. I've also been through the homes and garages near my base with no sign of anything, and that seems... odd.

Yes their spawning locations have been reduced. However you can craft your own bee keeper's hat now. And also can find wild bee hives from foraging.

I'll keep plugging away with the foraging, then.

Is it possible to craft my own bee smoker?

Yup.
Excellent, thank you! I'm up to level 4 in foraging, so I'm hopefully getting closer to finding wild beehives.

I found a pig last night! I like the scale of it - adult pigs can be pretty big creatures, depending on the breed. They also like getting high from pine nuts in the wild, and I noticed pine nuts on your list of requested artwork... could there in the future be some cunning anti-zombie weapon involving 20-stone of stoned ballistic pig?

I have a question about the wheelbarrow and other container items that have a massive capacity but a small weight reduction bonus.

How do I use them properly? I mean, I can carry 2 backpacks in my hands that would weight less, would let me carry more and I could drop them while they're loaded.

There aren't any packs that can carry more than the wheelbarrow, toy wagon, or hand trolly. The trick is not to drop them before you unload them.

So it's basically ok to walk around with extremely heavy load? cause this game is so realistic that I've never done it for fear of breaking my back. 

So it's basically ok to walk around with extremely heavy load? cause this game is so realistic that I've never done it for fear of breaking my back.

Yes, even with the overburdened moodle at max, you won't get injured at all. You'll be extremely slow, but once you unload your stuff, you'll be fine again.

Hydromancer, RoboMat and I had worked on a fix for the UmbrellaMod portion of hydrocraft. Added RoboMat to the credits as well for doing so.

http://hastebin.com/huhakiqaxe.lua

With this, splitscreen characters can now properly make use of umbrellas, raincoats, and ponchos.

Hopefully you can incorporate this fix into your mod.

My lua coder wants to know " Ask if there's actually be an issue with the rain prevention in split screen." He is not seeing what you code is adding to fix the issue.

If the second/third/fourth player wears a rain coat/poncho umbrella while it rains, they still get affected to full wetness levels.. the fix I sent you is supposed to allow all players to properly use the raincoats and such.

I can confirm that raincoats do not have any effect on player 2 in split screen.

Hey!

So I'm noticing with this mod installed I'm finding an abundance of nail gun ammo nails as opposed to actual normal nails I need for carpentry.

Is there a way to make the nail-gun be used as a hammer?  The only reason we need the hammer equipped as a primary when doing anything carpentry is to drive the nails into the wood. I think it should be possible to equip the nail gun as a primary and use it instead, but I also don't know anything about how this game is programmed.

I'm sitting on top of a few hundred nail gun nails and about 17 normal nails, its causing me some strife leveling up my carpentry.

If this is already possible and I'm just a dingus, let me know.  I've tried doing carpentry with the nail gun equipped but I just pull out my hammer anyway.

Hey!

So I'm noticing with this mod installed I'm finding an abundance of nail gun ammo nails as opposed to actual normal nails I need for carpentry.

Is there a way to make the nail-gun be used as a hammer?  The only reason we need the hammer equipped as a primary when doing anything carpentry is to drive the nails into the wood. I think it should be possible to equip the nail gun as a primary and use it instead, but I also don't know anything about how this game is programmed.

I'm sitting on top of a few hundred nail gun nails and about 17 normal nails, its causing me some strife leveling up my carpentry.

If this is already possible and I'm just a dingus, let me know.  I've tried doing carpentry with the nail gun equipped but I just pull out my hammer anyway.

There is a recipe to convert Nail Gun Ammo into normal nails using a Pliers or a Hammer. Check your Crafting Book! :)

K good luck tell me if you find the Guitar also have you ever found a garden Gnome I have yet to find one lol 

I did find it in sandbox cheating my way to the mall with Sprint 10, jesus even like that it took me like 10 minutes to reach it from WP!

Also i didnt found any Gnomes, man now i want one.

Also (x2) i though the guitar was going to play a sound or emote when i played it :( , so much for that, but might as well get it in MP, just to imagine some sort of song comes out of it.

I play on the Redboid server and live in one of the additional towns. I'd love a camping stool to be added to the mod. You could have a manufactured version as well as a craftable version. Basically a portable light weight chair, rest only.

http://www.dotandbo.com/collections/modern-wonders-of-the-home/27004-morning-camp-stool?lb=anon&utm_source=google&utm_medium=pla&utm_campaign=pla_v1&utm_term=147175704557&utm_content=98524&db_unit=pla&db_cdesc=t&db_terms=cpc&db_class=m&db_vref1=g&gclid=Cj0KEQjw0tCuBRDIjJ_Mlb6zzpQBEiQAyjCoBjaxQDGm15nhvef3lOTeRe1D7oY78jtqhVjFACt6ugMaAkww8P8HAQ

Hey Hydro, gotta bug to report! The 9-Volt battery is called "Huge Battery" Just like the Lantern Battery :o

Also I'm glad to see that the welding torch will finally be fixed! yaaaay!!! I brought it up awhile back to ya, but I figured i would find one at the mall like ya said. Although i never did, primarily because my computer for some reason lags out extremely bad when I go into the mall (which makes me very sad :( )

However, I still have never found a Suture Needle Holder (although I've heard I don't need one to stitch wounds? Dunno if thats true, I've been lucky enough to not have had a deep wound as of yet)

Is there some way to get fuel for generators pass the electrical shutoff with this mod? In my game i spent along time looking for gas cans that by the time I found some the power was off haha.

there a mod to allow u to power gass pumps with a generator

However, I still have never found a Suture Needle Holder (although I've heard I don't need one to stitch wounds? Dunno if hats true, I've been lucky enough to not have had a deep wound as of yet)

AFAIK the ONLY way to get a Deep Wound is to climb through a broken window and get cut by glass without using the Remove Glass option first. After that it's use Tweezers/SNH > Remove Shards > Disinfect > Bandage. Other than that or probably by being shot at by another Human player in a MP server - I don't know any other way to get wounded that badly. Zeds at most cut you and that's it really.