Tent Function Extension

nin4

I were more thinking about some tarps on 4 wooden stick, the size depinding from the number of tarp you got ? Just a protection from rain, but you can add wooden wall between the sticks ! It will be better than waiting for lvl 3 carpenter to make stairs for finally got a roof !

Just allowing the tent to be put up and used to protect against rain would be fine for me. I built one in multiplayer for this purpose, not having previously used a tent before. Found myself in the wilderness in a rain storm, whipped out the tent, only to be greeted with:

"You're not tired enough to sleep"

I DON'T WANT TO SLEEP!!!!

*sigh*

Agreed, when you're far from any any houses a rain storm really puts a hurting on you, I was in the woods one time running along the tracks to get to the railyard when it started raining, I had to backtrack and undo all of that travelling, got to the house, waited it out, and went back out, halfway there, started raining again. :/

• 2 weeks later...

What if there was just off of what you said. A camping store with multi-person tent and MREs and some good stuff in it. The bigger the tent the happier you would be or the more NPCs you could fit. Then you could add tarps ontop of it or find rainproof tents, ones that are a simple pack up and go tent. Also umbrellas for the rain. Just an added extra. Umbrellas could be secondary for rain or primary for a weapon.

• 3 months later...

Agreed, when you're far from any any houses a rain storm really puts a hurting on you, I was in the woods one time running along the tracks to get to the railyard when it started raining, I had to backtrack and undo all of that travelling, got to the house, waited it out, and went back out, halfway there, started raining again. :/

Right. I think Tent has to be replaced or upgraded since it is suppose to be your temporary shelter when you need to travel very far. The current Tent can't aid you when it rains nor can't be use to "rest", when in reality this is what it suppose to help you in those situations. Would have been better if character gets inside the tent when sleep or rest are used.

What if there was just off of what you said. A camping store with multi-person tent and MREs and some good stuff in it. The bigger the tent the happier you would be or the more NPCs you could fit. Then you could add tarps ontop of it or find rainproof tents, ones that are a simple pack up and go tent. Also umbrellas for the rain. Just an added extra. Umbrellas could be secondary for rain or primary for a weapon.

Fighting  Zed Heads with an umbrella. I like it ;)

I have long wanted a rest function on a pitched tent for shelter from the rain, would make long trips more manageable. Now we have a foraging and a trapping skill, maybe we could craft a rudimentary shelter out of foraged items. That and a campfire should keep you warm.

I'd like these tents body was implemented. would be very useful in multiplayer, because many players like to build their houses in the woods and when it rains it applies directly to find a house in the city  to avoid the cold,

i  speack spanish i use translate google

a mi me gustaría que se implementara estas carpas para el cuerpo.  seria muy útil en el modo multijugador, porque muchos jugadores les gusta construir sus casas en el bosque y cuando llueve  lo obliga directamente a buscar una casa en la ciudad para evitar el resfriado,  ropa-lluvia-pvc-poliester-34299-4146745.

Make tent to protect from the rain when equiped in both hands (slower movement) or nailed to the trees or something else to not getting wet in wilderness.

Sorry, but the idea of someone carrying a built tent over his head as a protection from rain is simply hilarious. The tarp we have ingame seems like a thick and heavy one, so absolutely unsuitable for anything else than a semi-permanent shelter.

On the other hand, a great way to stay dry without having to carry around a whole tent is a poncho-style raincoat. I bought one from an army leftover materials shop (what do you even call these in english?) and it serves me really well. Once you decide to set up camp for the night, you just hang the raincoat between two trees like a tarp. It doesn't provide as much protection as a full tent, but it helped me stay dry during some nasty storms.