ORMtnMan's Real Guns Mod 1.242 [32.30]

ORMtnMan

Hi guys,

im doing better with spawn rate  :-D  Thank to OTR for his explanation.

Just one thing i noticed : Why the guns, ammo and attachment only spawn in the storage room and not in the warehouse ?

We could do spawn a bit in the warehouse and a bit in the storage room no ? 

And i tested the guns at some zombie, so  the shooting skill affect the chance to hit isn't ?

I choose policemen for jobs (so 3 shoot and 1 reload), got a mosin nagant :evil:  and sometime i think is hard to hit the zombie, even if i take time to do a great shoot lol. :oops:

Cordialy,

Twister

Which warehouse are you talking about? Storage units make sense as personal storage possibly having guns. However, warehouses tend to be where large companies, or industrial production companies store inventory and such. So unless the company is a gun producer I don't know why a warehouse would have guns.

Yes, shooting guns can be difficult to hit targets at the lower aiming levels. Be aware the firing arc is fairly small so you have to aim fairly accurately.

Do other people think it is way too hard to hit with non shotgun weapons? I based the to hits and angles off the vanilla weapons.

Hi guys,

Just one thing i noticed : Why the guns, ammo and attachment only spawn in the storage room and not in the warehouse ?

And i tested the guns at some zombie, so  the shooting skill affect the chance to hit isn't ?

I choose policemen for jobs (so 3 shoot and 1 reload), got a mosin nagant :evil:  and sometime i think is hard to hit the zombie, even if i take time to do a great shoot lol. :oops:

Cordialy,

Twister

Which warehouse are you talking about? Storage units make sense as personal storage possibly having guns. However, warehouses tend to be where large companies, or industrial production companies store inventory and such. So unless the company is a gun producer I don't know why a warehouse would have guns.

Yes, shooting guns can be difficult to hit targets at the lower aiming levels. Be aware the firing arc is fairly small so you have to aim fairly accurately.

Do other people think it is way too hard to hit with non shotgun weapons? I based the to hits and angles off the vanilla weapons.

I was talking about the warehouses of Muldraugh. But the warehouses in Muldraugh were not owned by any company to my knowledge (correct me if i got wrong lol  :twisted: ), I always thought it was the warehouse of the city/ townhall, not for exemple the warehouse of Mc.Coy Loggin Corp.because they have small storages/warehouses at the sawmill. Imagine if the townhall of Muldraugh store in that warehouses, somes guns/ammo to make hunting, or for a group/ team of hunters ^^ (and of course you can find vanilla guns in that warehouse...). That why i also ask this question.

Thank for other explanations about shooting and aiming. ;-)

And what about the range of gun did they affect the firing arc ?

I just think about the snipers that got very good range.

I scavange West Point on my sandbox playthroughs with 25x exp set.

i hit the Police Station & once i have the sledgehammer,The Gun Store

then i drop Mags from every gun & rack em for 8 hrs in-game.

by the time i'm done,reload is maxed.

Weapons of choice are:

Melee: Katana

Firearms: FN P90,Xm1019/Striker & Ar-15/M4A1.

all with Red Dot Sight,Tac. Light, & Sling

Hydrocraft Mod goes well with this mod. Just Saying.

Hi guys,

Cordialy,

Twister

I was talking about the warehouses of Muldraugh. But the warehouses in Muldraugh were not owned by any company to my knowledge (correct me if i got wrong lol  :twisted: ), I always thought it was the warehouse of the city/ townhall, not for exemple the warehouse of Mc.Coy Loggin Corp.because they have small storages/warehouses at the sawmill. Imagine if the townhall of Muldraugh store in that warehouses, somes guns/ammo to make hunting, or for a group/ team of hunters ^^ (and of course you can find vanilla guns in that warehouse...). That why i also ask this question.

Thank for other explanations about shooting and aiming. ;-)

And what about the range of gun did they affect the firing arc ?

I just think about the snipers that got very good range.

The problem is, with the way that rooom definitions work, if I put guns in 1 warehouse, it will add them to ALL warehouses which would not make sense...

The range itself does not affect the firing arc. However, think about it this way. The firing arc is 5 degrees for the non shotgun weapons. Then if you think of the range increments as circles around your character, at close ranges the 5 degrees is a very small hit area, but the further you go out, the triangle hit area will get wider.

look at this picture for a kind of example of what I am talking about

https://vt-s3-files.s3.amazonaws.com/uploads/problem_question_image/image/365/CIRCLE.jpg

I already have the H&K MK23 in the game, the SOCOM part of that will have to wait until I get supressors working.

I scavange West Point on my sandbox playthroughs with 25x exp set.

i hit the Police Station & once i have the sledgehammer,The Gun Store

then i drop Mags from every gun & rack em for 8 hrs in-game.

by the time i'm done,reload is maxed.

Weapons of choice are FN P90,Xm1019/Striker & Ar-15/M4A1.

all with Red Dot Sight,Tac. Light, & Sling

Glad you are liking it! :-D

The problem is, with the way that rooom definitions work, if I put guns in 1 warehouse, it will add them to ALL warehouses which would not make sense...

The range itself does not affect the firing arc. However, think about it this way. The firing arc is 5 degrees for the non shotgun weapons. Then if you think of the range increments as circles around your character, at close ranges the 5 degrees is a very small hit area, but the further you go out, the triangle hit area will get wider.

look at this picture for a kind of example of what I am talking about

https://vt-s3-files..../365/CIRCLE.jpg

Ahh...Ok for the warehouse

Ok, i understand for the firing arc thank for explanation  :-D

I have the Cheat Menu mod on and when I went to go grab the weapons they all had infinite ammo. I did not have infinite ammo enabled with the cheat menu.

Well,

I have never used the cheat menu before, so it would have to be in the way the guns are spawned... do you get infinite ammo when you find guns through drops?

Yes. Also, you cannot spawn items with cheat menu. This is a link to cheat menu. http://theindiestone.com/forums/index.php/topic/14283-cheat-menu-v16/

I have the Cheat Menu mod on and when I went to go grab the weapons they all had infinite ammo. I did not have infinite ammo enabled with the cheat menu.

Well,

I have never used the cheat menu before, so it would have to be in the way the guns are spawned... do you get infinite ammo when you find guns through drops?

Yes. Also, you cannot spawn items with cheat menu. This is a link to cheat menu. http://theindiestone.com/forums/index.php/topic/14283-cheat-menu-v16/

Sorry, misinterpreted what you said there. I cannot attest to how the two mods mix together, that would require me to take apart the cheat menu mod and see what's inside, which I am not sure the creator would appreciate.

Is the cheat menu the only other mod you have?

sorry to bother you again with my questions  :oops: ,

But did the magazines for guns are craftable ? I see in the mod descriptions :

- Ability to unload ammo from guns/mags

- Custom reloading scripts for various gun setups including magazines and speed loaders

- Full distribution of guns, magazines, mods and repair items in containers and possibly on dead bodies

If yes, how to craft that magazine for guns ? It's same recipe for every weapons ?

Cordialy,

Twister

- Custom reloading scripts for various gun setups including magazines and speed loaders

- Full distribution of guns, magazines, mods and repair items in containers and possibly on dead bodies

If yes, how to craft that magazine for guns ? It's same recipe for every weapons ?

Cordialy,

Twister

You will not get mags if you are using the easy reload option. You need to switch it to Normal or Hardcore

I thought of a cool but small feature that I think would be awesome if you could add if you can make guns renameable?

Interesting, I'll look into it. I haven't even glimpsed at that code so I can't guarantee it as a possibility

Cordialy,

Twister

You will not get mags if you are using the easy reload option. You need to switch it to Normal or Hardcore

Thank for the precision  :mrgreen: And keep up the good work  ;-)

I am not sure if I installed the mod correctly but in bed rooms I don't find any normal items.

For testing I put weapons spawn on high and in bedrooms and maybe other places I can find baseball bats but nothing like clothes.

I know the mod semi working as the gun range has the new ammo & guns but I am not sure of it's effecting normal spawns?

Cheers.

I am not sure if I installed the mod correctly but in bed rooms I don't find any normal items.

For testing I put weapons spawn on high and in bedrooms and maybe other places I can find baseball bats but nothing like clothes.

I know the mod semi working as the gun range has the new ammo & guns but I am not sure of it's effecting normal spawns?

Cheers.

It shouldn't affect anything but the original guns, doesn't even replace any files.

You said you put weapon spawns on high, but clothes aren't weapons, you need to set "other" spawns higher.

But as for weapons spawning in bedrooms, I don't think the sandbox rarity settings has any effect on the new guns whatsoever, its all handled by a completely separate script that isn't affected by vanilla chances.

I got another problem with da firing arc...  :cry:  Im lost...

So i got a WInchester Model 70, i look that gun is a carbine so a non shotgun weapon.

BUT this gun got a x8 scope so a very good range and damage, i tried 3 times (so 3x5 magazines) to shoot zombies at middle range and still get hard to hit them (i didn't change my job as well, im still a policemen), i don't know why is so hard to hit even if i got a 8x scopeand basic shooting skills , i didn't shoot a close range because of 5 degree area. Well if i shoot at middle range, the firing arc must be bigger ? (If i understand correctly your explanation) or i got something wrong...

I try in general, when I aim and shoot, to draw me right before the zombie because i I do not like aim and shoot diagonally, does affect the chance to hit ? 

Cordialy,

Twister

Cheers.

It shouldn't affect anything but the original guns, doesn't even replace any files.

You said you put weapon spawns on high, but clothes aren't weapons, you need to set "other" spawns higher.

But as for weapons spawning in bedrooms, I don't think the sandbox rarity settings has any effect on the new guns whatsoever, its all handled by a completely separate script that isn't affected by vanilla chances.

Thank you for replying :)

I think I need to do more testing later I just not finding anything in the bedrooms and I thought something would spawn with the amount of houses I looked at.

I will put everything on higher spawn see what happens and hope the infinite ammo bug gone with this new server lol.

Thank you.

So i got a WInchester Model 70, i look that gun is a carbine so a non shotgun weapon.

BUT this gun got a x8 scope so a very good range and damage, i tried 3 times (so 3x5 magazines) to shoot zombies at middle range and still get hard to hit them (i didn't change my job as well, im still a policemen), i don't know why is so hard to hit even if i got a 8x scopeand basic shooting skills , i didn't shoot a close range because of 5 degree area. Well if i shoot at middle range, the firing arc must be bigger ? (If i understand correctly your explanation) or i got something wrong...

I try in general, when I aim and shoot, to draw me right before the zombie because i I do not like aim and shoot diagonally, does affect the chance to hit ? 

Cordialy,

Twister

It will still be hard to hit with guns at lower firearms skill. Also the longer you aim, the better, for the long range guns. In each gun block there is an aiming time which affects the accuracy of the gun until the timer for the aiming runs out. This simulates the time needed to really zero-in on a target as opposed to hip or snap firing. Which reminds me, when I get around to creating the modification system I need to have the laser sight and red dot/reflex scope reduce aiming time.

Cordialy,

Twister

It will still be hard to hit with guns at lower firearms skill. Also the longer you aim, the better, for the long range guns. In each gun block there is an aiming time which affects the accuracy of the gun until the timer for the aiming runs out. This simulates the time needed to really zero-in on a target as opposed to hip or snap firing. Which reminds me, when I get around to creating the modification system I need to have the laser sight and red dot/reflex scope reduce aiming time.

Good to know, thank again for precision  :-D

So the 8x scope only upgrade the range of the gun if i understand and not the aiming time.

But how to know, if i wait enough to fire, if i wait enough to simulate the fire. Because i think there no indicator who says you have waited enough to fire, is there a benchmark ? I guess the aiming time go down as the  firearms skill increase.

One question again sorry to bother you  :unsure:  If a zombie ( that i want to shoot) started to move at me/ or move a little at any direction (forward, backward ....) does the aiming time that i waited is lost and i had to start aiming again ? I think i need to restard if i had to move or change my position but if i don't move ?

Cordialy,

Twister

Good to know, thank again for precision  :-D

So the 8x scope only upgrade the range of the gun if i understand and not the aiming time.

But how to know, if i wait enough to fire, if i wait enough to simulate the fire. Because i think there no indicator who says you have waited enough to fire, is there a benchmark ? I guess the aiming time go down as the  firearms skill increase.

One question again sorry to bother you  :unsure:  If a zombie ( that i want to shoot) started to move at me/ or move a little at any direction (forward, backward ....) does the aiming time that i waited is lost and i had to start aiming again ? I think i need to restard if i had to move or change my position but if i don't move ?

Aiming skill does not affect aiming time that I am aware of... There is no timer or visible sign for aiming, you have to get a feel for it... Just wait as much time as you think prudent with zombies coming at you, or use a shotgun :mrgreen:

No, I don't think the aiming time is affected by the movement of the target, only if you release the aiming and or move.