ORMtnMan's Real Guns Mod 1.242 [32.30]

ORMtnMan

Since scopes are going in, is suggest addingreal scope types. Adding PSOs to RIS rails and such might be a bit silly.

More varied weapon attachments is one of my to-dos. The more realistic we get with attachments the more difficult it might become.

For instance, A M1911 does not have an under-rail attachment for lasers or taclights and no top rail for a reflex sight. So only certain guns would be able to use those mods without a separate mod attaching the rails to the guns first.

I am not sure where the line of fun and realism would be crossed in that respect... which is why I originally opted for the simple base game style mod system.

Just a quick suggestion that I haven't really seen in many weapon mods would be a Reloading Press, Rifle,Pistol,and Shotguns I believe all have different type of reloading presses, finding one would be super rare except gun store or police station and it would weigh quite a bit.

Would be cool to have!

Just a quick suggestion that I haven't really seen in many weapon mods would be a Reloading Press, Rifle,Pistol,and Shotguns I believe all have different type of reloading presses, finding one would be super rare except gun store or police station and it would weigh quite a bit.

Would be cool to have!

The reloading press has been suggested a couple of times, but I neglected to mention it anywhere on my main page.

Considering you can find a potentially unlimited supply of ammo (from killing zombies) the reloading press as an alternative more sustainable supply of ammo was never needed.

Also, the supplies to make your own ammo would be limited and you couldn't really make your own. I can imagine you mining for the gunpowder and lead ingredients to make the requisite supplies.

There would be a workaround that you could find the supplies boxed up in stores, but again it is a limited supply, and why not just find ammo?

I realize it sounds more survivalist to make your own ammo, and I do feel a certain pull to do so because of it, however, it just doesn't make sense cost-benefit wise for the game (and this mod)

Also, it would make more sense if the ammo press were a world object like a stove or something, you couldn't really lug around the press, it needs to be attached to a workbench as far as I know. It would be interesting if it does get implemented to be able to build one using parts and a wooden table you make.

Anyway, sorry if I burst your bubble on this one, but keep the suggestions coming! I'll finally mention this on the front page...

I'd imagine reclaiming powder and primers from unused ammotypes (a la Fallout: New Vegas) could work.

Now I want shotgun shells full of rock salt and bacon rinds to shoot at tresspassing zombies. :(

That is surprisingly compelling... I might change my mind on this if I ever figure out how to make world objects... and feel like torturing myself creating a custom building and recipe proximity requirement script.

I haven't gotten around to going to Starbucks to download IWBUMS .32, so I don't know how the new throwable code works, but smoke grenades (maybe launchers) could be viable to add to police lockers now. (Any kind of grenade may be possible, including the shunned RPG-7, but I doubt explosives are common in rural Kentucky)

I haven't gotten around to going to Starbucks to download IWBUMS .32, so I don't know how the new throwable code works, but smoke grenades (maybe launchers) could be viable to add to police lockers now. (Any kind of grenade may be possible, including the shunned RPG-7, but I doubt explosives are common in rural Kentucky)

Blah, I shy away from IWBUMS for some strange reason... Throwables are very tempting (though smoke grenade sound like they might be more of a hindrance than a help. Flashbangs might be more useful.

Once it gets fleshed out some I might look into it but I am afraid of scope bloat. Once I start getting into grenades, then I need to get into grenade launchers and people will ask for the RPG-7 (for some reason), then I have to work on underbarrel grenade launchers that retain their ammo when you switch to the main fire mode, then my eyes might start bleeding.

I mostly just complaining at the amount of coding that would pile on top of my sizable pile. I will get around to it eventually, it just sounds painful.

If you have the current version, the finished models are those included, plus the ones in my last pack, unless anyone else has some lying around.

Edit: Nearly all of the shotguns are still missing, along with bolt action rifles and AR-10s.

Edit 2: +M249, American-180, Thompson, and Macs

If you have the current version, the finished models are those included, plus the ones in my last pack, unless anyone else has some lying around.

Edit: Nearly all of the shotguns are still missing, along with bolt action rifles and AR-10s.

Ok, ill try the silverhawk, VEPR and the Armsel then...

Ok, ill try the silverhawk, VEPR and the Armsel then...

I don't know what I would have done without you guys... really, thank you.

Also props to FLAKT as well, he donated some sounds to the mod, I will be seeing where they can be implemented for this weekend's release.

Almost every weapon i have is missing the texture, shows the character wielding the wind

Did you take all the files in the "Main Folder Drop" folder and put them in your main project zomboid folder/media?

Right, so Ive made the model and imported to blender. What now?

[edit] bear in mind my stupidity, im new to blender...

Download Jab's scripts and open blender. Click the exclamation in the top left and choose text editor.

Import one of the finished gun.txts

Align your model to the complete one, IN EDIT MODE, and make sure the model translation properties (brown box on right) are zeroed out.

Click on model, and export with the script.

Download Jab's scripts and open blender. Click the exclamation in the top left and choose text editor.

Align your model to the complete one, IN EDIT MODE, and make sure the model translation properties (brown box on right) are zeroed out.

Thanks, I really hope it looks any good in the game...

I wouldn't worry too much about it, even on full zoom, the dithering effect is heavy enough to block out most details.

I wouldn't worry too much about it, even on full zoom, the dithering effect is heavy enough to block out most details.

The game is not detailed enough, as long as it has the general shape and correct coloration, it will be more than enough!

Don't kill yourself trying to make sure detailed models, I need to keep you guys around :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

I have encountered a problem in my methods of using sketchup; since the model looks completely different to anything actually made in blender, I dont know how to group all the separate shapes, make a mesh, colour it and generally make it look like jabs spas 12, If you know any useful tutorials that correlate with the project zomboid genre they would be hugely helpful.

Honestly, I'd just use blender, its just as easy as sketchup. Look up some YouTube tutorials, I'd suggest going through a few of them to pick up on little tips and tricks.

But if your heartset on sketchup, once you import the model, you can press A (not ctrl-a) to select all, go to the tools panel on the left, and click join.

Texturing is a bit harder, try to read up on UV mapping in blender.

Honestly, I'd just use blender, its just as easy as sketchup. Look up some YouTube tutorials, I'd suggest going through a few of them to pick up on little tips and tricks.

But if your heartset on sketchup, once you import the model, you can press A (not ctrl-a) to select all, go to the tools panel on the left, and click join.

Texturing is a bit harder, try to read up on UV mapping in blender.

Plus blender is free if no one mentioned that.

Almost every weapon i have is missing the texture, shows the character wielding the wind

Did you take all the files in the "Main Folder Drop" folder and put them in your main project zomboid folder/media?

Yes i did.

My hardware don't support 3D models, if this can be of help

Almost every weapon i have is missing the texture, shows the character wielding the wind

Yes i did.

My hardware don't support 3D models, if this can be of help

3d model support is required for the newest version, try the previous one if its still there