ORMtnMan's Real Guns Mod 1.242 [32.30]

ORMtnMan

After reinstalling the game and deleting and any left over files the mod working fine now :D

Must of been remains of an another mod I used months ago that was messing up something.

And with hardcore reload on this the best thing ever makes the game 100% better.

Just to confirm do the mod firearms spawn anywhere or just at the normal places like police station, gun shop, shooting range?

Thank you.

After reinstalling the game and deleting and any left over files the mod working fine now :D

Must of been remains of an another mod I used months ago that was messing up something.

And with hardcore reload on this the best thing ever makes the game 100% better.

Just to confirm do the mod firearms spawn anywhere or just at the normal places like police station, gun shop, shooting range?

Thank you.

Unless the Man's changed it: zombies, bedroom wardrobes, police station, gun store, range; bar, gas station and convenience store counters; and the hunting lodge.

And not the same guns at all, military guns can be found at the police station only, for example, and bars only contain shotguns, with ammo and magazines spawning with their appropriate guns.

Thank you.

Unless the Man's changed it: zombies, bedroom wardrobes, police station, gun store, range; bar, gas station and convenience store counters; and the hunting lodge.

And not the same guns at all, military guns can be found at the police station only, for example, and bars only contain shotguns, with ammo and magazines spawning with their appropriate guns.

You have a chance of finding military and police guns on dead zombies FYI, albeit rarely

EDIT: And the gunstore, but also rarely

I did some more testing and all the guns have unlimited ammo and not ammo counter when you look at their information box.

Not sure how that is happening seems like the models are working but the scripts are not.

I extracted the mod file to C:\Users\myusername\Zomboid\mods

And also copied over the media and zombie files to my main steam folder like it says to do.

Not sure what I did wrong?

Tested both on server and single player with same effect :(

Ithink there might be an incompatibility with the cheat menu interrupting the reload cycle to implement the possibility of infinite ammo. I have custom reload scripts and they may not be recognized by the toggles.

I would have to actually delve into his code to be sure, but for now obviously this mod is incompatible with the Cheat Menu... because you installed it correctly, and no one else is having all the guns with unlimited ammo.

It's worth noting that if you want to use this mod with cheats, Necroforge is the way to go. I get a lot of use out of it in testing, you just have to add your own configs.
Can you please explain more detailed how you made guns from this mod spawnable with necroforge?

I was able to accomplish this with another weapons mod from this forum and already thought I know what I'm doing.. But with this mod I can't get it to work.

Thnx in advance

I more or less copied the Necroforge plugin from Svarog's littering mod, you can no doubt figure it out from there.

I can't figure it out. Mind sharing your fix as a file?

Gueeeeeessssssssss whaaaaaaaaaaaat?

http://www.mediafire.com/download/yo49vi164xqyw1t/ORGM+1.23.zip

boom finally got it working (I hope, but you people have a knack of pointing out my mistakes)

As an added bonus I added custom gun firing sounds for most guns (some of the shotguns or very similar guns have the same sounds (E.G. M4 will be the same as AR-15 sound wise))

Also, I am aware that the unloading that happens if you change a gun caliber (e.g. .357 to .38) has no sound. I will be doing a full sound overhaul which will fix this as well.

This version will require will require Jabs ModelLoader

Forum Topic here.

Which requires game version 32.

Have fun and let me know if you find any issues and or have any more suggestions

Hello Sir OTR !

THank you for release the mod ! So i can play itin build 32 that very good !

But what have you changed in that version (exept the sound) ? Have you corrected the distribution/ spawn rate ?

EDIT : Start to test the mod, one question : The Katana didn't have 3D model ?

(I've install Modloader as you say).

Hello Sir OTR !

But what have you changed in that version (exept the sound) ? Have you corrected the distribution/ spawn rate ?

Yes, corrected some distributions and other errors, improved the secondary caliber capability of weapons and improved the gun conversion process (code wise). Also, I believe there are some new gun models.

Erm... I didn't add a katana to the game with my mod...

Hello Sir OTR !

Yes, corrected some distributions and other errors, improved the secondary caliber capability of weapons and improved the gun conversion process (code wise). Also, I believe there are some new gun models.

Erm... I didn't add a katana to the game with my mod...

I think the katana is from either Tommy or Hydrocraft, which while I believe Tommy made custom models for his, Hydro didn't and is using a pool cue.

Woops ! Sorry for the confusing  :eek:

Thank for answers ! See some new guns yeah, keep up the good work  :-D

But...I really want to use guns as primary weapons (tired using bats, axes, and knifes to kill zombies), so does this version still compatible with 31.13 ? Still too many zombie in the build 32 so i just decided for now to stay at build 31.13, just shoot one time and OMGWTFBBQ Hordes coming ! And what about the folder No3DModel is for compatibility, or for people who want see gun models ?

And love that new models such that a great view for weapons !  :razz: And new guns ! The first new guns that i saw is the scorpio submachine gun.

Did you will add skins for weapons ? (Use paint and brush for that lol (fedora) )

But...I really want to use guns as primary weapons (tired using bats, axes, and knifes to kill zombies), so does this version still compatible with 31.13 ? Still too many zombie in the build 32 so i just decided for now to stay at build 31.13, just shoot one time and OMGWTFBBQ Hordes coming ! And what about the folder No3DModel is for compatibility, or for people who want see gun models ?

And love that new models such that a great view for weapons !  :razz: And new guns ! The first new guns that i saw is the scorpio submachine gun.

Did you will add skins for weapons ? (Use paint and brush for that lol (fedora) )

Hey, no prob, glad you like it!

No because Jabs ModelLoader requires version 32, this will no longer be compatible with 31... sorry :-(

The No3DModel folder is for people whose computers will not support 3d models. it reverts all the guns back to their original vanilla game model.

New skins as in textures for the weapon models? Absolutely! Along with a sound overhaul I intend to do a model overhaul as well.

No because Jabs ModelLoader requires version 32, this will no longer be compatible with 31... sorry :-(

The No3DModel folder is for people whose computers will not support 3d models. it reverts all the guns back to their original vanilla game model.

New skins as in textures for the weapon models? Absolutely! Along with a sound overhaul I intend to do a model overhaul as well.

So...Well im forced to play Build 32 ^^ (Of course, don't want to lose my favorite guns mod :razz:  !) Another question that has come in my head : Did you will add silencer for weapons ?

So...Well im forced to play Build 32 ^^ (Of course, don't want to lose my favorite guns mod :razz:  !) Another question that has come in my head : Did you will add silencer for weapons ?

HAH! I am very happy to have such great supporters!

Yep, Silencers are on the to-do  list, however it probably wont happen until I do a weapon mod overhaul as well

So what is the legendary ORMtnMan working on now?

Hah, legendary is probably too magnanimous of a descriptor for me, but it is much apprecated :mrgreen:

I am taking a short haitus for the weekend, then the next projects I intend to work on is overhauling the sounds and reload/unload scripts. Also adding more models once people get back to me on those. I know that Wolfeclaw is busy doing professional modelling but I think Fuji is churning some out for me which is totally awesome!

I love working on this mod so I will keep churning out updates!

Cool I think a sound overhaul isn't as important as say a 250 belt fed PKP Pecheneg (still dreaming for a PKP  ;-)) but it still sounds really awesome. Also its good to hear you "love" modding some people make ok mods (they cant be good because there isn't a PKP) and then they abandon it (without making a PKP) because they no longer enjoy modding (a PKP) so its good to hear your still motivated.

#WeWantPKP

EDIT: LoLz just playing with ya I'm not that desperate for a PKP, just reminding you that I never forget. ever.

Cool I think a sound overhaul isn't as important as say a 250 belt fed PKP Pecheneg (still dreaming for a PKP  ;-)) but it still sounds really awesome. Also its good to hear you "love" modding some people make ok mods (they cant be good because there isn't a PKP) and then they abandon it (without making a PKP) because they no longer enjoy modding (a PKP) so its good to hear your still motivated.

#WeWantPKP

EDIT: LoLz just playing with ya I'm not that desperate for a PKP, just reminding you that I never forget. ever.

PKP PKP PKP lol just following the crowed #PKP

Hah! Well, I will move the PKP up the gun list. I will get the the next gun list in the next few versions.

...what ORMtnMan... It only took one person to persuade you to move the PKP up the list...?... I, Like, This, Power.

xD THX ORMtnMan.

BTW fluffe I am a bit confused how the Bi/Tripod would work since we cant really go prone or anything.

EDIT: I just thought of something, would it be possible to take apart broken weapons and rebuild them to make perfectly good firearms for example (very basic example) pistol A frame, pistol B trigger, Pistol C Firing pin= Homemade Pistol A.

Obviously there are more parts in a gun than this, it would be a lot weaker and flimsy you would also have to have a high skill level. Would this be too much work? Could this maybe be something to think about (for 5 seconds until you see a complete noob wrote this xD).

...what ORMtnMan... It only took one person to persuade you to move the PKP up the list...?... I, Like, This, Power.

xD THX ORMtnMan.

BTW fluffe I am a bit confused how the Bi/Tripod would work since we cant really go prone or anything.

EDIT: I just thought of something, would it be possible to take apart broken weapons and rebuild them to make perfectly good firearms for example (very basic example) pistol A frame, pistol B trigger, Pistol C Firing pin= Homemade Pistol A.

Obviously there are more parts in a gun than this, it would be a lot weaker and flimsy you would also have to have a high skill level. Would this be too much work? Could this maybe be something to think about (for 5 seconds until you see a complete noob wrote this xD).

Lol, don't let it get to your head.

I answer the bi/tri pod bit below.

As for the breakdown and rebuild of homemade guns: I will be adding zipguns and pipe rifles but the sheer number of possibilities with taking apart all the guns to make a number of combinations of homemade guns would increase the reloading file and other gun reloading files exponentially and would take me an inordinant time to workup. Which is the same reason that using a recipe system as a replacement for weapon modifications is not feasible.

I am already getting hesitant about the zipguns/piperifles just due to the number of available calibers in the mod...

why was deployable bi/tripod weapons crossed off is it not possible atm (just curious)

I took it off the list because there is not a way to actually make your character unable to move (That I know of). Even at the heaviest weight (and then some) it only slows your character down... Until I can figure that out I have to take it off the table.

Hey,

Thanks for making this awesome mod!

I get an error when I want to fire the new guns (Ithica 37 (sic), M16, PPK, etc). There's no sound at all when I shoot, and I get a pop-up message saying "failed to load /media/sound/12Gshotgunfire.ogg - not found".

The reload sounds work all right, though.

I followed the installation instructions to the letter.

What's wrong?