ORMtnMan's Real Guns Mod 1.242 [32.30]

ORMtnMan

Makeshift Rifle -- Makeshift Rifle Magazine -- Makeshift Pistol -- Makeshift Pistol Magazine -- Makeshift Shotgun -- Makeshift Bullets... this will be amazing , inspired in Unturned and Rust :3 s2

Hah, yes, well, I already had those (or something similar) on the list. I had zipguns and pipe rifles (which could also be for shotguns)  on the list. making more elaborate guns would be a bit beyond the average joe to do with the tools at hand, but I might figure out a way to implement them later. These makeshift guns are slated to be worked on after I finish version 1.2, which is when I finally figure out how to get my unload ammo script to work.

As for ammo creation, I hadn't ever really intended to include it in my mod, especially because ammo can be fairly plentiful (even with the rarity of a gun find) that it was never really needed. Also, it would be impossible (or very stupidly dangerous) to make ammo without an ammo press. So that would require me to code a in map asset... So maybe, but it will be very far down the list.

Thanks for the suggestions though, and keep them coming!

The gun variety and ammo distribution is by far my favorite of any mod so far, but I'm having an issue where guns don't seem to require ammo and magazines are undroppable via the context menu. I'm playing with PZ version 30.12 if that could be the problem. Any tips on how to fix this?

The gun variety and ammo distribution is by far my favorite of any mod so far, but I'm having an issue where guns don't seem to require ammo and magazines are undroppable via the context menu. I'm playing with PZ version 30.12 if that could be the problem. Any tips on how to fix this?

Well thank you, I'm glad you like it!

That is an interesting issue. Why are you playing with such an old version of PZ? Also, which version of my mod are you using?

As far as I remember, my mod was working back in 30, but I think there might have been some item code changes between there and 31 (which is what I have been using/modding for now). When you try to right click and drop does the console say anything error wise so I can try to pinpoint it?

Lack of reloading means there is an issue with the reload utility LUA which would throw an error when you are turning the game on. So, another thing to check would be to look at the console as the game is loading up to see what kind of error it throws.

One of thosse things has to turn up something :-D

Right clicking magazines throws an exception claiming that 'reloadable' at ISReloadUtil:254 doesn't exist. Apart from an error in the erosion script, its the only exception I could get it to throw.

With easy reloading on, the guns simply don't have a reload option, (and still don't require ammo.) No exceptions, nothing. :/

Edit: Mod version 1.19, and I haven't had internet access on anything apart from my phone for a few months, so unfortunately no zomboid updates.

Right clicking magazines throws an exception claiming that 'reloadable' at ISReloadUtil:254 doesn't exist. Apart from an error in the erosion script, its the only exception I could get it to throw.

With easy reloading on, the guns simply don't have a reload option, (and still don't require ammo.) No exceptions, nothing. :/

Edit: Mod version 1.19, and I haven't had internet access on anything apart from my phone for a few months, so unfortunately no zomboid updates.

That is even more strange, the ISReloadUtil script is a base game script.

I left all those alone so I wouldn't have to keep changing code...

Looking at the ISReloadUtil the game is right, the 'reloadable' doesn't appear until line 258. I wonder why it is freaking out about that...

How did you get a copy of my mod without internet access? Via your phone? If so we can try to see if I can get you replacement game files, if need be...

Otherwise, I think some of your game code might be corrupted... are you able to reload without the mod activated?

do you have realistic kentucky firearms? that has been known to have right click issues...

Just for you ORMtnMan. ;-)

EDIT: "Not as nooby as you might think..." wow, don't know where that came from.

That is beautiful! I love it!

do you have realistic kentucky firearms? that has been known to have right click issues...

Hah! Thank you as well for the advertisements!

That is a good point, one of the issues with RKF was that  it overrode base game files, which if not kept up would cause problems. That also causes an incompatibility between RKF and my mod. Some of my scripts make reference to base game files, and if they are modified (by another mods) it would cause some problems.

I do know that the mod for sure works with the Hydromancer mod and extended building options.

Maybe I have some extant RKF files still floating around, but the mod itself is deactivated and deleted.

I think I've tracked down whats happening, but I'm clueless as to why.

From what I can tell regardless of the gun, the 'SyncItemToReloadable' method in ISReloadUtil is running instead of the one defined in your reloadable classes; where it trips up because the guns nor the magazines are any of the valid options and returns a nil value to isReloadable, again in ISReloadUtil.

Replacing your reloadable classes with the default analogues works for now, I guess, though magazine fed single action guns will have to be semiautos, unfortunately.

Maybe I have some extant RKF files still floating around, but the mod itself is deactivated and deleted.

I think I've tracked down whats happening, but I'm clueless as to why.

From what I can tell regardless of the gun, the 'SyncItemToReloadable' method in ISReloadUtil is running instead of the one defined in your reloadable classes; where it trips up because the guns nor the magazines are any of the valid options and returns a nil value to isReloadable, again in ISReloadUtil.

Replacing your reloadable classes with the default analogues works for now, I guess, though magazine fed single action guns will have to be semiautos, unfortunately.

Well, that sucks... hopefully you gett internet access soon so you can update PZ... though my mod was working back in 30 (though I don't think I had custom reload scripts yet back then.

If i have time over the next couple days I will delve into the code to see how or why it would be circumventing the syncing (though like you I can't think of a reason why). I have to jump in there anyway to get back to work on my ammo unloading script (For which I am going to start from scratch AGAIN).

So while working on the unloading script (which is moving but slowly and possibly not in the right direction) I took a little segue into looking into weapon mod possibilities (like scopes, etc). Turns out, it is currently impossible to add new modification types until the devs externalize that process. so it kind of dashed my dream of more modification types. There might be a jury-rigged workaround for it but it is rather tedious to think about.

That gave me another (eventual) idea. instead of using the current mod application system, I would use separate items with recipes to add and remove mods. This would add the coolness of custom icons, and eventually custom models for modded weapons, but would add considerable (and I really mean considerable) size to the mod not to mention take time to slog through coding all the recipes... The biggest upsaide is that is guaranteed to work, and work simply. Whereas other ideas may or may not be pipe dreams.

Anyway, I have another couple ideas on how to implement this jumbling around in my head but none so well formed as what I just dropped. Let me know what you guys think while I continue to hammer at this unloading script.

I don't exagerate when I say that this is by far the best mod that I've ever encountered for Project Zomboid. Thank you so much for making it. I don't know if you're still taking suggestions, but I'd suggest a Winchester Model 1887, probably just for the cool/relativly rare factor.

I don't exagerate when I say that this is by far the best mod that I've ever encountered for Project Zomboid. Thank you so much for making it. I don't know if you're still taking suggestions, but I'd suggest a Winchester Model 1887, probably just for the cool/relativly rare factor.

Hah! Wow, thank you very much, that really means a lot! Of course I am still taking suggestions (especially for someone who gives such high praise). The 1887 is an awesome suggestion as well!

Added!

Good News, Finally got the context menu for unloading to appear so we are a long way in the right direction. Now, it is just a matter of getting it to work. I am expecting (and hoping) to have 1.2 done over this memorial day weekend (despite all the functions I will be going to)

This is probably a silly question, but is there/will you add a way to spawn a certain gun? Sometimes while playing I would feel like getting a specific loadout and I can't find the guns/ammo I need on the map.

I had a few suggestions,

.308 rounds will usually fire fine from 7.62 NATO rifles, but .308 is slightly more powerful, so using the alternate cartridge may potentially put more wear on the gun.

Spare magazines in gun stores. Any gunshop I've ever been to has boxes upon boxes of surplus STANAGs and AK pattern mags. I'm not suggesting making magazines trivial to find, but assault rifles become increasingly obsolete compared to bolt rifles due to the lack of a magazine requirement.

I'm not sure how possible this one is, but a chance for a weapon's chamber to jam and fail cycling as durability decreases, or if the weapon is just poor quality. (I'm looking at you Striker)

Not a big fan of mods for most games (PZ being one of them), and, frankly, I expected you to add like 10 guns at the ABSOLUTE most, and then I looked at the first spoiler and I was like "WELL S***!!!" Will definitely try this out. Is it multiplayer compatible (I didn't read much of the post because I was so blown away just by the pistols and revolvers)? I might host a server running this mod.