ORMtnMan's Real Guns Mod 1.242 [32.30]

ORMtnMan

This is probably a silly question, but is there/will you add a way to spawn a certain gun? Sometimes while playing I would feel like getting a specific loadout and I can't find the guns/ammo I need on the map.

If you want a specific loadout (and don't mind "cheating" a bit) in my files under media\lua\client there is an lua file called ORGMTest. Open it up with a text editor (I use notepad+ but normal notepad works just fine) And get rid of all the guns or ammo you don't want off of that list (it is a testing script to spawn all possible guns and ammo), then in game hit the "end" key (I think, it has been a while since I used my tester button. Let me know if you have problems with that.

I'm curious as to if there's a way to remove some guns from the spawn pool so that they're admin spawn only for servers.

I'm responding to your personal message on this one.

I had a few suggestions,

.308 rounds will usually fire fine from 7.62 NATO rifles, but .308 is slightly more powerful, so using the alternate cartridge may potentially put more wear on the gun.

Spare magazines in gun stores. Any gunshop I've ever been to has boxes upon boxes of surplus STANAGs and AK pattern mags. I'm not suggesting making magazines trivial to find, but assault rifles become increasingly obsolete compared to bolt rifles due to the lack of a magazine requirement.

I'm not sure how possible this one is, but a chance for a weapon's chamber to jam and fail cycling as durability decreases, or if the weapon is just poor quality. (I'm looking at you Striker)

There is a way I could implement this but it would require you to convert 7.62x51 guns to use .308 via context menu, from there i could have a separate durability lowering rate. It is a solid idea, and the same could be said for .223 guns using 5.56 round (though the opposite direction, 5.56 using .223 is not advisable from what I have read). I'll put this one on the list for version 1.3

The gunstore already has some spare mag coding but it usually (if not always) for the guns it spawns for (mostly because I hates having mags with no guns >.>) I'll think about adding more random mags to the gunstore. The gunstore itself is difficult to get to seeing as you need a sledgehammer, so everything in there I deemed as a reward anyway

It is possible to have weapon jamming/failed cycling (at least in theory). It is on my list just a bit further down (I need to get through my unload script first).  It would be in the reload coding going something like this:

You fire a round, then normally it takes a round from capacity and sticks it in chamber (for mag fed guns).

Prior to the chambering (or ejection) I would just do a weapon condition check. Using that and a random number gen would determine if the gun fails during that firing. If it fails, it wont chamber round or will require an additional manual action to clear the cylinder.

The other interesting idea (though this one is currently impossible due to unreliability of implementation) would be to have ammo fail due to getting wet from you running around in the rain. The reason I say it would be impossible is that It would be relatively easy to create a tag for the ammo and test for the wet moodle, but it would get more difficult if the ammo if subsequently boxed up, and also difficult if only some of the ammo put into the gun is wet... I need to give it more thought but that is another stretch goal of mine.

Not a big fan of mods for most games (PZ being one of them), and, frankly, I expected you to add like 10 guns at the ABSOLUTE most, and then I looked at the first spoiler and I was like "WELL S***!!!" Will definitely try this out. Is it multiplayer compatible (I didn't read much of the post because I was so blown away just by the pistols and revolvers)? I might host a server running this mod.

Hah! I'm happy to have surprised you! Stay tuned there are many more guns in store for this mod.

It should be multiplayer compatible, I can't attest for it as I don't play online... As long as all those joinging the server have the mod it will work. I don't override any base game files (except for removing the distributions of base game guns, ammo and gun mods) so their shouldn't be any conflicts.

Here's the models I have done sofar:

AK

AR-15

FN FAL

G3

Vector (And civ variant)

M16

MP5

UMP

Uzi

Generic large revolver

http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?file_id=79033531602770862588

Textures are very primative block colors ATM.

You sir, are awesome, Once I get my unload script working, I will work on adding these in as well.

There's also the gunstore/range between Valley Station and the mall, which is far, far, simpler to get in. Really, I'm just tired of carying around a backpack full of pistols because I only ever have a single mag for each. :P

There's also the gunstore/range between Valley Station and the mall, which is far, far, simpler to get in. Really, I'm just tired of carying around a backpack full of pistols because I only ever have a single mag for each. :P

That's right, that does put a bit of a wrench in my plan there... though I hate trekking all the way out there, so maybe it doesn't.

Lol, At one point I found so many blasted Beretta 92s (on zombies and the police station) I had 16 mags... aaaand about 35 rounds of ammo... so wasn't all that helpful...

On that note, the Valley Station gunstore has metal shelves that aren't defined anywhere in the distribution script, so with the base guns removed they seem to have a 50/50 chance of spawning nothing but a single fire axe or hunting knife.

There's also gun lockers in the hunting lodge which spawn clothes instead of ammo, but the shelves there work fine.

On that note, the Valley Station gunstore has metal shelves that aren't defined anywhere in the distribution script, so with the base guns removed they seem to have a 50/50 chance of spawning nothing but a single fire axe or hunting knife.

There's also gun lockers in the hunting lodge which spawn clothes instead of ammo, but the shelves there work fine.

I noticed that too, do you know what they are defined as in those locations?

I noticed that too, do you know what they are defined as in those locations?

Gun lockers are wardrobe and the shelves metal_shelves, I think

So what programs do/can you use for modelling?

It's limited to blender right now, as its the only format with conversion scripts. But I suppose you could convert .blend to whatever you want to easily enough.

So what programs do/can you use for modelling?

It's limited to blender right now, as its the only format with conversion scripts. But I suppose you could convert .blend to whatever you want to easily enough.

Not really. You can model in other programs. I know Wolf used Maya. You have to use Blender to export the models. I'd recommend Blender though, because bias and what not. :) (Also, less trouble tossing around models between programs, because, you know.. silly things.)

Yeah, I model in Maya, unwrap UV's in Maya, texture in Photoshop, export model to blender and go from there. Basically what I did in my video. :D

ORMtnMan, do you still want me to help make models? I remember you asked me a few months ago for when we finally get a breakthrough in custom guns, and here we are. I could help alleviate some stress from Fuji.

Yeah, I model in Maya, unwrap UV's in Maya, texture in Photoshop, export model to blender and go from there. Basically what I did in my video.  :D

ORMtnMan, do you still want me to help make models? I remember you asked me a few months ago for when we finally get a breakthrough in custom guns, and here we are. I could help alleviate some stress from Fuji.

Yes please!! I would love to still have your help! I am still jamming the coding icepick of this unload script into my eye, but I want to get to the models soon!

EDIT:

I don't think we need custom models for every single gun (if it is too much hassle) as at how small they are, a lot of the guns would look pretty much the same (like the glocks and any other smaller black matte finish guns like the Springfield XD)

EDIT EDIT:

BUAHAHAHAHAHA I finally got the unload script to work for a magazine, now I just need to extrapolate it to all guns, and clean up a couple other lingering errors. So good, good, good news

Yeah, well you can use a few of the models I've already made where you see fit. I made a Glock 23 already with a tan base and black slide. I could probably just change the textures around a bit and that would work well for a lot of the pistols. No point in doing extra work when it won't be noticed. :)

Yeah, well you can use a few of the models I've already made where you see fit. I made a Glock 23 already with a tan base and black slide. I could probably just change the textures around a bit and that would work well for a lot of the pistols. No point in doing extra work when it won't be noticed. :)

Lol, my point exactly! Thank you for your contributions! Let me finish up the unload code (spreading to all the reload types) and I'll get to work on the models!

I am beyond excited about this btw!

I did a quick variant on the Glock 23 texture that could easily be used for the Glock 22 and Glock 21 on your list, there's hardly any visual difference between them.

Here's the latest bundle from me. There's probably some shotguns on your list that my shotgun models will cover, so feel free to allocate as you wish. Some have icons, some don't. The Model 19 has 3 icons based on the 3 texture variations.

I also haven't touched some of the files for a while so hopefully everything is correct in terms of naming conventions and the model orientation. Contact me if there are problems and I'll try and fix them asap. :D

EDIT:

Another quick update. Added a black texture variation for both of the alternate shotguns, could help cover a shotgun or so on your list that don't have wooden grips and such. Here's the download.

Ive done some stuff and found out that you can use google sketchup (for me sketchup is one of the easiest and simplest modelling programs out there) to model the basic shape and export/import it to blender to render it and such. Dont know whether the final product will be any good but ill give it a go.

[edit] do the guns have to be very detailed (like holes in the handguard and fire selector switch and stamped grooves in the magazine)?

Ive done some stuff and found out that you can use google sketchup (for me sketchup is one of the easiest and simplest modelling programs out there) to model the basic shape and export/import it to blender to render it and such. Dont know whether the final product will be any good but ill give it a go.

[edit] do the guns have to be very detailed (like holes in the handguard and fire selector switch and stamped grooves in the magazine)?

Don't think so because most of the time they end up being less detailed when put in the game.

Fluffe is right, you don't want to make the models too high poly because they are small in game and would really bog down some of the slower machines.

Im kinda new to PZ modding,i just have a copule of questions,if you don't mind answering them :)

1 If for example i have a sidearm(M1911) and i have .45ACP in my inventory can i load the gun?(since it says it uses:1911 magazine im not sure.)

2 Did i mess up the install?I cant right click on any gun,it doesnt show me anything,and this is forcing me to stick to only one gun

3 How do i install a gun mod?

well that about covers it i think

Im kinda new to PZ modding,i just have a copule of questions,if you don't mind answering them :)

1 If for example i have a sidearm(M1911) and i have .45ACP in my inventory can i load the gun?(since it says it uses:1911 magazine im not sure.)

2 Did i mess up the install?I cant right click on any gun,it doesnt show me anything,and this is forcing me to stick to only one gun

3 How do i install a gun mod?

well that about covers it i think

No prob! I am about to release another version but here are the current instructions:

It depends on your reload difficulty setting. For the 1911 on easy mode it will load directly from loose .45ACP rounds, in normal or hardcore, you need to eject the magazine from the gun first via the right-click context menu. you then load the loose rounds into the magazine, then insert the clip into the gun via the context menu (or the reload button).

That is a problem that a couple people have had. If I remember correctly, it had to do with other outdated gun mods. read back through the pages to see if you can find something. Otherwise the normal install procedure is to extract my mod into the Mods folder, then activate the mod in the game. However, if you are getting the 1911 it should be installed correctly. Also, make sure you have the most recent version.

To install a gun mod requires you to have a screwdriver in your inventory as well as the gun and mod. Then there will be a context menu for you to attach the mod.

Hopefully that helps, let me know if you have any other questions!

WOOHOO!

Version 1.22 is released (I skipped 1.21 and 1.20 because I already got two of my 1.2-1.3 goals complete)

The version adds unloading and custom weapon models thanks to the amazing work of Fuji and WolfeClaw.

Some/Most of the models are still placeholders until we get some more models/textures done.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/e881y4t6z1yqmv1/ORGM+1.22.zip

Let me know if you find any errors and the installation instructions are in a text file in the folder