The Legend Lives On

Some Clever Username

Just a quick thought but,

What if when you die and you load that world up again, and you meet survivors that knew you they might mention your previous character? Just some quick dialog like, "I knew this guy, he saved my life. His name was (Insert Old Character's Name Here)" Or like, "(insert old character's name here) was an asshole, I'm glad you're not like that."

It'd just be a quick fun thing to hear. So, yeah I just had to let out my idea.

See Ya!

It can be way cooler if you can actually meet your dead old character as a zombie ))))
You can recognize him by the big blue bag on his back, or… dressed like your character was dressed… or he will be the only zombie still carrying that nailed baseball bat… no, no swinging with it – just dragging around with him, that’s all.
I don’t know If it will be cool to smash the head of your old character with your new one… but I bet that blue bag have a lot of good stuff…

Well completely refreshing also might make some people mad because they wanted to continue in the old world because you impacted the world with your character, and reliving your old characters past sounds like a cool experience also the world you played in will be more eroded and have more of a post apocalypse setting and I and probably others like starting with a more eroded/apocalyptic setting, but starting fresh is always fun too since you get to see the world become into a wasteland of zombies.

• 4 weeks later...

Well completely refreshing also might make some people mad because they wanted to continue in the old world because you impacted the world with your character, and reliving your old characters past sounds like a cool experience also the world you played in will be more eroded and have more of a post apocalypse setting and I and probably others like starting with a more eroded/apocalyptic setting, but starting fresh is always fun too since you get to see the world become into a wasteland of zombies.

Either way if you restart on an old save you'll have the post apocalypse feel any way.

I think it'd be a challenge to code, but it would be nice. However, I don't want their to be useless commentary; like, I want it to make sense. For example, if I make a guy named Tom who never interacts with anyone, I don't want survivors saying "Hey, you remind me of Tom, nice guy" or "I'm gonna kill you just like I killed Tom" and things like that, mentions of a player character just because it was a player character. If events actually happened, like if you save someone then die, and they remember you, that'd be neat.

I think it'd be a challenge to code, but it would be nice. However, I don't want their to be useless commentary; like, I want it to make sense. For example, if I make a guy named Tom who never interacts with anyone, I don't want survivors saying "Hey, you remind me of Tom, nice guy" or "I'm gonna kill you just like I killed Tom" and things like that, mentions of a player character just because it was a player character. If events actually happened, like if you save someone then die, and they remember you, that'd be neat.

Yeah it shouldn't be weird like that it should feel natural. Like what if your character was bit and turned then you play again and get bit and they argue and one says, "Remember what happened to Tom! He won't make it!"

Also, maybe if they are just bored and you two talk about past events. This should be added even if it isn't a past player character but also NPCs!