Steam Release - 08th Nov 2013 - Version 2.9.9.17 (0011)

RobertJohnson

Hello there ! This is the upcoming Steam release :)

PLEASE READ THIS : Don't post your bug report of the previous version in there, please do bugs report in the Bug forum section but please make a research before posting it to see if it's not already reported.

Use this thread to talk about the upcoming features :)

NO ETA ! And also : http://theindiestone.com/forums/index.php/topic/1786-question-re-non-beta-steam-build/

Thanks a lot :)

Change list :

[bug Fix]

• Fixed some camping bugs/crash.
  • Fixed a bunch of skill books bugs (never ending books, bug in the multiplier calcul..).
  • Fixed some bugs in the sheet rope use.
  • Now remove the xp multiplier after reaching the next level.
  • Added cheese sandwich and peanuts sandwich icons.
  • Fixed world item grab context menu.
  • Fixed infinite ammo for firearms.
  • Fixed "sticky" UI scroll bar.
  • No more duplicate bucket when making a plaster bucket.
  • Fixed some bugs with the torch light context menu.
  • No more "sticky" tooltip in the skill panel.
  • Fixed bunch of farming bugs, thanks to Skallagrim.
  • Fixed some bugs in the crafting (mainly with stairs).
  • Fixed "Climb Through" right click context option not always working.
  • Fixed inventory tooltip resizing on certains items.
  • Fixed items detail placement (remaining, nutrition...) in inventory.
  • Fixed some fire saving bugs.
  • Fixed some random thump zombie bugs.
  • Fixed some bugs with the rain collector barrel.
  • Fixed some fire saving bugs.
  [balance]
  • Balanced the books XP Multiplier : changed the multiplier to 3/5/8/12/16 from 20 for all levels.
  • Changed the weight of the Bandaids to 0.1 from 0.5.
  • Cooking skill now multiply the hunger reduction when you craft something with food (level 1 = 1.1 multiplier, level 2 = 1.2, etc.).
  • Reduce the unhappy/boredom bonus of cooked food.
  • You can now drill your plank (to make a wood kindle to light your fire) with a butter knife or kitchen knife (previous was only with a screwdriver).
  • Crafted soup can now be rotten.
  • Non-fresh food now reduce the bonus for food by 1.3, rotten by 2.
  • Slightly up the chance to find a hammer inside house counter.
  • Lower the condition of the shovel to 10 from 200.
  • Tweaked a bit the conditions of some weapons (axe/baseball bat are now more resistant, but baseball bat will now be destroyed faster than the axe and other stuff :)).
  • Changed the weight of the golf club to 2 from 4.
  • The stabbing will now generate less noise and less blood splat, go crazy NINJA ! :D
  • Changed weight of gas can to 5 from 10.
  [New Features]
  • Added a tooltip on the skill book.
  • You can now light yourcampfire with a literature items (books, newspaper..) and a lighter or matches.
  • Added "dd-MM-yyyy_hh-mm-ss" date format for the name of the save when you create a new game.
  • Added a bindable key to display the FPS in top left corner (default key is "k").
  • Axe, Baseball bat, golf club and sledgehammer are now "two handed weapon", you can still equip them in one hand but it'll be much less effective, and it'll cost more endurance to swing them.
  • Added the Eggplanticus's better menu mod as a mod in the vanilla game (checked by default).
  • Bunch of new sounds from awesome NJ Apostol !
  [Modding stuff]
  • Now use the unemployed spawn point for custom profession if no custom spawn point as been set.
  • Added getters and setters for IsoWindow permaLocked variable.
  • Added event when a new fire is created : OnNewFire.
  • Added setters and getters for Fire : setLife (higher number mean higher fire duraction) / setSpreadDelay (lower number mean spread faster).
  • Added Robomat's Profession Clothing system : http://theindiestone.com/forums/index.php/topic/1867-custom-profession-clothing-colours-cpcc/
  • Fixed a bunch of stuff for modders
    • now your custom *.txt for items will be loaded, so you can overwrite existing items or make new one. It still have to be in mods/yourmods/media/scripts/ (you can add more folders in there)
    • load the custom traits icons. (need to be in mods/yourmods/media/textures/trait_yourtrait.png).
    • Load the custom profession icon (need to be in mods/yourmods/media/textures/yourProfessionType.png).
    • added a require and id field in mod.info. (I'll make a thread about how to use the mod.info).
  [Translation]
  • Added Czech, Danish, Portugese and Dutch translation.
  • Not really a bug but, now "Strawberries" will be spelt correctly :) (I'm pretty sure you gonna miss Strewberry...).
  • Fixed a bug in the Italian translation.
  • Added a message in the console when there's a bug in the translation (displayed in first).
  • Fixed some bugs in the Survival Guide translation on some languages (Survival Guide stop working after some page if your translation had "..." or "=" inside it).
  • Fixed the skill panel with custom translation.
  • Automatically resize the add/remove trait button.
  • Added the health panel to translation stuff.
  • Fixed "save name" width on certains translations.
  • Fixed the Nederlands UI translation.

Yay! You guys never disappoint! Keep up the good work!

The skill book multiplier is definitely too high right now; one cooked meal is a level and a half.

Can't wait to see the sandwiches! Getting mighty hungry just thinking about it. 

I do have a question though; is there any in-game way to tell if I do have the latest steam version?

Edit: "Fixed "sticky" UI scroll bar."  Didn't see this sooner; YES thank you! Its like a mini-game whenever it occurs.

[New Features]

• You can now light your fire with a literature items (books, newspaper..) and a lighter or matches.

Yeah finally a use for lighters and newspapers :)

[Modding stuff]

• Added getters and setters for IsoWindow permaLocked variable

Thank you very much for this. Much appreciated :)

God this game is so horrible!  Slow updates!  No fun!

KIDDING!  I LOVE THIS GAME!  :D.  It's the only game that makes me laugh, cry, smile, and frown.  I have all feels for the developers and their struggle to make the game smooth and polished, and all the joy for getting to be part of the community that experiences it.

I'm very happy to see it on Steam now also.  When NPCs do come, this game is going to completely ruin my social life.  And you know what...

...I'm okay with that.

God this game is so horrible!  Slow updates!  No fun!

KIDDING!  I LOVE THIS GAME!   :D.  It's the only game that makes me laugh, cry, smile, and frown.  I have all feels for the developers and their struggle to make the game smooth and polished, and all the joy for getting to be part of the community that experiences it.

I'm very happy to see it on Steam now also.  When NPCs do come, this game is going to completely ruin my social life.  And you know what...

...I'm okay with that.

same for me... not that i ever had a social life :P