y - obesity?

Talksintext

Ah, I can't wait for the day that I roll up a cripplingly superobese octogenarian and buzz around through the supermarket on my comically small electric wheelchair filling my basket with chocolate bars and orange soda. I'll make it until power goes out, when I have to heave myself out of my wheelchair to slowly waddle away from Zed, my age-thinned calf bones bowed to snapping from a reckless lifetime of lugging my freakish bulk around from meal to meal.

If we're implementing obesity, I demand that we implement eating Zed. I want to Kirby a bitch.

It'd be nice to see different sizes and shapes on the zombie models, but nothing too major. Despite Zomboid being set in America I doubt we're going to see any ambulatory undead landwhales :P

From what I gather, the reason all player and zombie models share the same height/shape is do to the difficulties of working with sprites. Even with the new 3D-model-to-sprite-look-alike change that been going on, every size and shape of character model in game requires a new sprite for each piece of equipment and clothing. Which means when you start adding in tall, short, skinny and fat models to the existing one, you've now got four times the amount of sprites, and sprite animations, to work on.

Not the best use of your time when you're still adding features to the game. After all, the Indie Stone isn't that big. It's pretty likely they'll start working on cosmetic stuff like this in the future though.

I look forward to the day when I can see that the zombies lagging behind the group chasing me is comprised of heavily decayed, overweight, or elderly zombies. Until then, I'll keep crapping myself every time a faster one pops out of the front of the pack :P

It is on the list of things that "would be nice" but might not make it into the game.

The reason that was given was the immense increase in textures required, because all clothes would have to be changed along with it, along with the animations.

Add to that that there will be a lot more clothes and animations in the future, so the ammount of additionally required textures would probably explode.

Ah, I can't wait for the day that I roll up a cripplingly superobese octogenarian and buzz around through the supermarket on my comically small electric wheelchair filling my basket with chocolate bars and orange soda. I'll make it until power goes out, when I have to heave myself out of my wheelchair to slowly waddle away from Zed, my age-thinned calf bones bowed to snapping from a reckless lifetime of lugging my freakish bulk around from meal to meal.

If we're implementing obesity, I demand that we implement eating Zed. I want to Kirby a bitch.

This post made me spit my coffee out and Lol hard.  Kirby a bitch! Hah!

It is on the list of things that "would be nice" but might not make it into the game.

The reason that was given was the immense increase in textures required, because all clothes would have to be changed along with it, along with the animations.

Add to that that there will be a lot more clothes and animations in the future, so the ammount of additionally required textures would probably explode.

yep, this is probably the reason why implementing ''obese'' zombies would be pretty hard (but man i'm so glad to hear that there will be more clothing and animations later in the game :D )

I forgot I was in the suggestion part of the forum -checks- oh wait...

(not trying to be mean but just show my confusion when i saw this)

If you think something is in the wrong place, use the report button.

Also, moved to the suggestions forum.