I'm running a half-marathon for charity!

MashPotato

Hello!

I'm a semi-newbie at running (ie started running regularly last year), and I'm currently training to do a half-marathon at the Toronto Waterfront Marathon on October 20. I'm running in support of the Arthritis Research Foundation, a group dedicated to finding a cure for this painful, often debilitating disease that affects the young and old, male and female.

If you'd like to sponsor my run and make a donation to this charity, no matter how small, it would be much appreciated--every dollar counts! If you can't contribute monetarily, no worries, you can chip in by helping spread the word or just giving a line of encouragement :-) (I will need it, as this is by far the farthest I have run!)

You can find my sponsorship page here, which also is where you can donate and find out more information: http://my.e2rm.com/personalPage.aspx?registrationID=1983703&langPref=en-CA

Thanks very much! :-D

Thanks, guys :D All support, money or otherwise, is appreciated!

Enigma: yeah, that site isn't very user-friendly. Paypal support is something that should really be there :(

Acex: good luck! Running is hard work, especially when you first start, but it's an excellent way to exercise. Once you start doing it regularly, the benefits really do outweigh the work :)

Hehe, what's forcing you? It's just an odd term to use :D

Don't forget your sprints....! (I will hound you from everywhere). After your first successful sprint session I will finally commit to a donation!!

Aha, so it is you--I had a feeling there wasn't more than one English expatriate, formerly of Bristol, living in the Australian outback with a connection to the name "Tennant" ;)

Aha, so it is you--I had a feeling there wasn't more than one English expatriate, formerly of Bristol, living in the Australian outback with a connection to the name "Tennant" ;)

If there's another, I'm yet to meet them, especially on this forum!

• 2 weeks later...

I ran 14 km today, a new record for me :) I'm very slow (it took me 1:44:14 to do it), but I'm getting to the distance I'll need!

All I know is that you're well within the 2 hours 15 minutes time for the military's yearly march . . .

A new career path has opened up, Mash! :lol:

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Well, today was my last long run before the half-marathon next Sunday. I'm feeling pretty good about my training, and if all goes well I'm aiming for a sub-2:30 time.  It's not fast, but it's faster than what I was hoping for when I first began training for this and actually started measuring how far I was running ;)

If you'd like to sponsor my run and support arthritis research, it's not too late! http://my.e2rm.com/personalPage.aspx?registrationID=1983703&langPref=en-CA

Archived