So why do PVE servers exist?

Rikashey

I mean, what's the point if you can't fully interact with other players?

What do you even do on a PVE server? Plant veggies and bake cakes?

Project Farmville?

I wouldn't even be surprised if zombies were turned off on most PVE servers.

Water and Electricity is probably set to never shut off.

I dunno... seems kinda wimpy to me. As if people were too scared of one another so they have to turn off PvP.

wow rude

What's rude about it? I'm simply asking a question.

Where do you find offense?

If people can't handle Player VS Player interactions then I'd assume they also can't handle Player VS Zombie or water/electricity shut off.

Maybe PVE servers are for newcomers?

Mostly to avoid the Day Z syndrome of people just running around killing people with no point other than killing them.

Truth be told in an emergency situation people tend to help one another at least until supplies are exhausted and then hard choices have to be made.

Even with no police the vast majority of people wouldn't shoot you if they don't have to but in an online game they will just because they can.

It's a survival game, not a deathmatch. Plus with how long it takes some people to grind skills, for it all to disappear when a random shoots you in the back. I play on both servers but if someone wants to play PVE that's their decision I guess.

PVE literally means "Player Vs Environment".

To ask why there are PVE servers is to ask why there is a Project Zomboid single player.

Because that's what the single player is - Player Vs Environment.

The environment (the "E" in PVE) in Project Zomboid consists of Dwindling supplies, Player conditions (sickness, hunger etc), World changes like Electricity and Water shutting off... And most of all, the Zombies.

PVE servers exist because players want to Co-op and team up against the Environment and there is a HECK of a lot of interaction required to do that. And for a lot of people, including myself, that's really fun!

If players want to fear other players more than zombies and starvation then PVP servers are for them.

Its actually incredibly simple.

PVE literally means "Player Vs Environment".

To ask why there are PVE servers is to ask why there is a Project Zomboid single player.

Because that's what the single player is - Player Vs Environment.

The environment (the "E" in PVE) in Project Zomboid consists of Dwindling supplies, Player conditions (sickness, hunger etc), World changes like Electricity and Water shutting off... And most of all, the Zombies.

PVE servers exist because players want to Co-op and team up against the Environment and there is a HECK of a lot of interaction required to do that. And for a lot of people, including myself, that's really fun!

If players want to fear other players more than zombies and starvation then PVP servers are for them.

Its actually incredibly simple.

I ran out of "likes" yesterday.  Had to come back and like this lol.

Seriously, assuming people can't handle zombies because they don't want PvP is retarded.  Look up a game called Ultima Online, and specifically an area called Trammel.  That's pretty much your answer.

I mean, what's the point if you can't fully interact with other players?

What do you even do on a PVE server? Plant veggies and bake cakes?

Project Farmville?

I wouldn't even be surprised if zombies were turned off on most PVE servers.

Water and Electricity is probably set to never shut off.

I dunno... seems kinda wimpy to me. As if people were too scared of one another so they have to turn off PvP.

PVE = COOP = Players VS staying alive/running out of supplies/Zeds

not all players enjoy this silly "i'll just gun down every person i see because... i dont know, i just do it"

Rikashey - play COD instead or DayZ if youre that type of player, but hey wait - there youre supposed to kill each other and cant claim youre friendly and then shoot us lame in the back ;)

Since i assume you not bought the game after MP release, why did you bought it? Since PVE is lame and senseless to you, why do you bother playing this in SP?

We just enjoy the SP playstyle with a group.

It doesn't make sense. If you wanted to fight the enviournment then just play singleplayer.

Maybe singleplayer is too hard for some people and they have to play online with others to help them out.

PVE just seems sorta PG while PvP is rated R.

I still don't understand what you actually do on a PVE server.

Team up with players, fight zombies, make a base, plant a garden..... then what?

With PvP you fight, steal, and sabotage. It can get really heated when you get into situations with other players.

If someone wrongs you in-game then you can just kill them just like in a real apoc.

Zombies are pushovers, the real monsters are humans. That's what makes the game fun and intense.

When you eliminate the threat of other players you're just mowing down zombies and planting veggies.

There's no challenge, no excitement. Nothing that puts you on edge at every waking moment. No need to plan where you'll setup base. No rush for supplies. No worries.

Might as well sit around a campfire holding hands and singing kumbaya.

Please read the above answers again and then read your post. Consider whether you actually managed to understand any of the replies, or if your real goal here is just to put down people who don't share your preferred playstyle. Because that is very much what your post reads like.

Rikashey, you know you're kind of coming off as an elitist jerk, right?  People have different playstyles. 

Team up with players, fight zombies, make a base, plant a garden..... then what?

This is essentially endgame for single player as well.  Some people just like having someone to talk to while they do it.  There are also people out there setting up RP servers, which is essentially like having PC NCPs.

Please read the above answers again and then read your post. Consider whether you actually managed to understand any of the replies, or if your real goal here is just to put down people who don't share your preferred playstyle. Because that is very much what your post reads like.

Rikashey, you know you're kind of coming off as an elitist jerk, right?  People have different playstyles. 

This is essentially endgame for single player as well.  Some people just like having someone to talk to while they do it.  There are also people out there setting up RP servers, which is essentially like having PC NCPs.

I'm sorry. I'm not trying to come off as elitist.

I'm just trying to figure out why people would play this way when there isn't much to do other than what I stated.

Kill zombies, plant veggies, catch fish, bake pies.

I'm sorry. I'm not trying to come off as elitist.

The key to not coming across like an elitist is to not post like an elitist... *hint, hint, nudge, nudge*

People have different preferences, which is - by the way - true even in real life. Just meditate on that.

It doesn't make sense. If you wanted to fight the enviournment then just play singleplayer.

Wow, are you serious or simply a bored troll? Your whole argumentation doesn't seem to make any sense to me.

Whats the point?

Simply ignore those servers and everone else is fine.

Archived