Panic...

Migoxiss

So about Panic in the game: I think Panic is much more than just losing vision and accuracy. Nature gave us the panic (XD) to run faster away from hazards or fighting them. I think this should be added to the game. Its an serious aspect. SO when your Character becomes Panic he:

+runs faster

+maybe one-shots zombies or is stronger

+could get rage and would kill everything that moves

-would become nervous and maybe become wet (sweat AND not that what you were thinkingXD)

-maybe would lose his primary weapon or bag because he just wants to run away

-when surrounded, he maybe just stands still because of Panic ( the more braver he is, the less panic will be)

-is slower packing/unpacking things

Its not really panic that gives us strength to run away or fight its adrenaline but you are right if we panic adrenal glands which control the adrenaline amount in our body starts to pump you up and get you ready So i agree that panic should have some positive traits but not any overpowered things like the rage you mention but besides that its a pretty good idea

I like the adrenaline feature to it too... But rage and stuff can kinda be OP... As well as standing still, this would be extremely annoying and if left to the last second, you'd already be half devoured 

I like rage. There is short tempered that makes you quick to anger but not sure how it is being handled right now. Anger/rage could be the same. Being able to oneshot a zombie or critical strike them would very gratifying. Resident Evil 4, Leon, exploding head attack, Best part of the game. Or push them down with one shove even.

Oh as a addition to adrenaline:

-When you in rage you stronger and faster BUT there is a high chance that your insanity (XD) overcomes you and you forget to pay attention (Bites, Scratches...) So it would not be OP because there would be a chance that you die.

-The lucky trait would lower the chance of becoming bitten when in rage

-the unlucky trait would do the opposite

EDIT: The thing with standing still:

-With standing still I mean reacting slower for example when in extreme panic your character shoots the gun ,,unregular" ( I do believe that this already exists)

I really hope they won't implement any thing about dropping your stuffs automaticly.... That would be horrible... 

If it's a simulator, it's not doable... IRL I would NOT in any chance drop my bag of survival stuff.. Nor the weapon.. Zombies or not, I would never be that stupid, risking my future by loosing my stuff.. And if that is implemented, you are forced to deal with loosing your items randomly when spooked... Not okay! ;o

The panic thing though, I also thought about it yesterday when played.. Why only bad things happend to you when paniced?

I too think that adrenaline levels would raise and you should run a bit faster, forget about your headake/other pain and maybe be a bit stronger..

Also the panic is to much right now imo.. It should be tuned down some.. After 7 days jumping zombies with small pens or knifes, you shouldn't panic as much as you did on the 1st day encounter some zombies..  unrealistic..

Panic should do the following things.

Reduce accuracy.

Reduce field of vision (tunnel vision due to fear)

Increase swing speed of your weapon.

Increases stamina loss (due to overexerting yourself in a panic state)

Do more damage AND increase durability loss of melee weapons (You aren't being careful with it)

Chance to trip and fall when running.

Noooo, don't mess with the field of vision.... It's really hard even now with the fow.... I can't see behind me at all.... One would think you should have more control of the environment IRL than this....

I like the adrenaline idea. Happened to me when I was trying to lift something extremely heavy and someone said I couldn't do it and then did it. :P Nice idea.

Couldn't it sort of tie in with short tempered in some way? Like for the negative social interactions, you get a positive in killing zombies because you are really angry or something? That's just how I am though, so again up to the devs.

But someone will come here and disagree pointing out flaws and realism and bleh. I'm giving my opinion, if its not going to be in the game, leave it at that okay? Good. :)

This could easily be resolved with a skill tree for nerves or something similar.  When you first start your character panics more, and you panic less (by gaining skill points) with the more zombies you kill.  There should always be a certain level of panic (anxiety) but perhaps limit how high it goes in proportion to how much action you've seen. Zombie slaughtering bad asses would suffer less panic than those who avoid combat.  I like the idea mentioned above about it increasing your swing speed (reckless), and weapon degradation, and this could also be proportional to said skill tree (the more experienced you are, the more steady your swing (slower, more powerful) and the less weapon degradation you suffer)

Regardless if it ever affects abilities like weapon speed or degradation, panic should at very least decrease with time (a day 1 character should not be the same as a day 30), making it harder to get really panicked at the sight of zombies.  Having Brave as a trait is a good start, but it is hard to see how effective it is, at least for me, considering my character is always panicking, even though he has dispatched countless undead.

But you should never drop stuff or trip from panic, that loss of control would be more irritating than immersive.

I wouldn't be surprised if the devs would have already done this and nobody would just notice... I don't think it's that crucial or impacting on gameplay, but it seems to gather quite a lot of support on the forums, so I wouldn't be against it.

Just my 2¢ though.

I wouldn't be surprised if the devs would have already done this and nobody would just notice... I don't think it's that crucial or impacting on gameplay, but it seems to gather quite a lot of support on the forums, so I wouldn't be against it.

Just my 2¢ though.

Yeah, you are right. I mean pfhhhhh ZAMBIES, You dont need to get Panic from them..... :)

Now seriously I dont understand you. Panic is crucial because its a apokalypse and the system panic works is not that realistic. A ,,new" Survivor would shit his pants I agree but a survivor who killed MANY zombies should just be a LITLLE nervous not more.

Im hlad though that you wouldnt be against it ;)

Just my 2¢ though.

Yeah, you are right. I mean pfhhhhh ZAMBIES, You dont need to get Panic from them..... :)

Now seriously I dont understand you. Panic is crucial because its a apokalypse and the system panic works is not that realistic. A ,,new" Survivor would shit his pants I agree but a survivor who killed MANY zombies should just be a LITLLE nervous not more.

Im hlad though that you wouldnt be against it ;)

What I meant is that I don't think making the system that much more complicated from what it currently is would make much of an impact to gameplay. Panic is an important thing imo too, but I don't see a reason to overcomplicate it. It would probably help with immersion so that's a plus, but I don't see it as a detrimental tweak. Gameplay wise it's not going to make a huge difference.