Alpha Centauri 2 --- wooo ---

Keepbro

I am curious, I enjoyed Civilisation 4 and 5 and that's where I got into the series. Never played the likes of Alpha Centauri. Not to mention Firaxis is pretty on the ball recently, so I think I will remain cautiously optimistic.

Firaxis made the Alpha Centauri. I'm hoping Beyond Earth will be deep and thoughtful like the old AC.

Alpha Centauri was to civilation what the TV show Big Bang Theory is to Friends. Many of the technologies isn't just make belive - they're scientifically well founded accompanied with some pretty thought provoking quotes from philosophers, scholars and scientist.

Actually Firaxis lost me a bit on Civ5 as the AI difficulty is feeling like a sole matter of happiness trolling towards the player.

Oh sweet. Memories of Galactic Civilizations come to my mind. By the way, the third sequel is on early access since march 27:

Of course, it's only from a relatively small development team compared to Firaxis and I don't want to temper the delight for Beyond Earth here, but I thought I mention it anyways, because they're probably very similar. I'm looking forward to Firaxis' game as much as you do :)

Just play emperor or above. The fighting skills of the AI  wont improve but it's a challenge anyway as the AI doesnt loose the techrace that easy as in difficulties below emperor and can also compensate the lack of tactical fighting a bit by numbers.

I'm a really seasoned Civ-player startet with the very first incarnation on a amiga 500 and still had to use some dirty tricks to win a duel map against the ki on the highest difficulty.

oh, i totally forgot: ALPHA CENTAURI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *wildly tthrowing paper around the office, screeming*

• 2 weeks later...

I have to say that Xcom is thoroughly enjoyable and with the expansion MECs are awesomely game-breakingly cool and the extra missions add lots of depth to a fun game.

Anyhow just saw some articles that show some pretty interesting features in them and shows some cool maps for Alpha Centauri 2.

Archived