How exactly do you charge a weapon?

Rikashey

People says to press the right mouse button but all I get when I do that is the "Walk to" interaction.

My character doesn't change to any sort of stance and there is no weapon charge indication bar.

The only "stance" I see is when I press the aim button but all that does is allow him to attack.

Pressing aim and RMB doesn't do anything.

When you hold down RMB (right mouse button) it charges automatically but there is no charging meter or bar. 

With RMB pressed, press LMB once and you will swing your weapon. If you just keep clicking LMB you won't be swinging with any power. So. Hold down RMB. Wait. LMB to swing.

Keep RMB held down while walking to stay in 'sneak' mode. 'Sneak' stance and 'weapon ready/charging' stance are identical (press and HOLD RMB)

Happy surviving. 

When you hold down RMB (right mouse button) it charges automatically but there is no charging meter or bar. 

With RMB pressed, press LMB once and you will swing your weapon. If you just keep clicking LMB you won't be swinging with any power. So. Hold down RMB. Wait. LMB to swing.

Keep RMB held down while walking to stay in 'sneak' mode. 'Sneak' stance and 'weapon ready/charging' stance are identical (press and HOLD RMB)

Happy surviving. 

Ahh, I see now. Thanks ;-)

Holding down the CTRL key on the keyboard also works as an alternative to holding down the RMB. I prefer CTRL myself, as charging for a swing also causes the player to start sneaking, and you'll need to do a LOT of sneaking in PZ. But by far the best use of either key/button is the ability to spin your player around on the spot while still moving in a straight line. Damned invaluable when pulling a horde anywhere, or sneaking up on a nice ripe cranium to beat in, as you can quickly spin to check your blindspots at a critical moment.

When using a firearm, holding CTRL/RMB also causes the player to aim the weapon, and I'm pretty sure there's a bit of a charging mechanic to that too. As in, the longer you aim down the barrel, the more likely you are to get a hit/kill on a zombie.

Holding down the CTRL key on the keyboard also works as an alternative to holding down the RMB. I prefer CTRL myself, as charging for a swing also causes the player to start sneaking, and you'll need to do a LOT of sneaking in PZ. 

how do you manage using W A S D keys and holding down left CTRL (whilst sneaking/moving)? 

I found the level of digital dexterity required was too much for my tiny simian brain. :???:  I actually went and bought a new mouse (because I'm a blasted Mac user who had one of those fancy Mac mice that has no need for such things as right click *facepalm*) because using left CTRL was so impossible for me. 

but yes, the point stands! you can use left CTRL instead of holding down on the right mouse button. 

Holding down the CTRL key on the keyboard also works as an alternative to holding down the RMB. I prefer CTRL myself, as charging for a swing also causes the player to start sneaking, and you'll need to do a LOT of sneaking in PZ. 

how do you manage using W A S D keys and holding down left CTRL (whilst sneaking/moving)? 

I found the level of digital dexterity required was too much for my tiny simian brain. :???:  I actually went and bought a new mouse (because I'm a blasted Mac user who had one of those fancy Mac mice that has no need for such things as right click *facepalm*) because using left CTRL was so impossible for me. 

but yes, the point stands! you can use left CTRL instead of holding down on the right mouse button. 

Keep your pinky on Cntrl, and use your ring finger, middle, and index for the WASD keys (moving the middle finger up and down for W and S).

Pretty much! Years of computer games requiring the use of WASD, and using Ctrl to crouch. Same thing works with using Shift to sprinting. Use the pinky :P

Try sneaking to the right & reloading at the same time :P

A programmable mouse is invaluable :)

It's a challenge to the novice, or small handed, but with a stretch most people can probably reach R with the index finger! :P

It's a challenge to the novice, or small handed, but with a stretch most people can probably reach R with the index finger! :P

Then.... what finger am I using to walk to the right :huh:

You just have to press R once to reload your gun, so you could quickly return to the D key with your index finger.

You just have to press R once to reload your gun, so you could quickly return to the D key with your index finger.

So.... Your not REALLY reloading while walking to the right then :P

Not for the initial millisecond it takes for you to press the R key, but otherwise, yes you very much can move right while reloading. Remember, reloading doesn't happen quickly, but it all it takes is one key press to initiate the reload process. So yes, you are moving right and reloading, it's quite an easy feat to accomplish.

So.... Your not REALLY reloading while walking to the right then :P

Not for the initial millisecond it takes for you to press the R key, but otherwise, yes you very much can move right while reloading. Remember, reloading doesn't happen quickly, but it all it takes is one key press to initiate the reload process. So yes, you are moving right and reloading, it's quite an easy feat to accomplish.

You can totally do this... when the index finger goes to press R, your middle finder slides to the D and your ring finger covers W and S.  Thats if you needed to go right, if you are going left or any other direction this wont be a problem.

This was fun

You can totally do this... when the index finger goes to press R, your middle finder slides to the D and your ring finger covers W and S.  Thats if you needed to go right, if you are going left or any other direction this wont be a problem.

This was fun

This is silly

I find the fact that people are taking this seriously, cute :P

Ok I'm glad this got cleared up because I was very confused. I thought I had to hold down L-Ctrl to sneak AND hold down RMB to use the weapon. Now that I know I can just hold down RMB and it will sneak and I don't need to touch L-Ctrl at all that makes the controls a lot easier to use (and therefore makes ME more confident). When I was under the impression that I needed to L-Ctrl to sneak the controls were so hellaciously awkward for me - probably some combo of the key arrangement on my laptop. I re-mapped L-Ctrl sneak to Caps Lock instead because that was way more natural for my pinky to land on, and remapped L-Shift sprint to Space but... RMB for sneak is just so much easier than that too. Might keep Space for sprint, though, and just never do anything with my pinky because it's a bit weak and for the amount of spazzing out on the controls that I do it's kind of a handicap and stressing me out.

This was fun

This is silly

I find the fact that people are taking this seriously, cute :P

God gave you two hands - so might as well stop masturbating and use the other hand for pressing that reload button ;P

wtf :huh: people are still talking about this

aye, controllers work well but I find the inventory management extremely awkward.... luckily I have my "invaluble, programable mouse" :huh:

like I said, cute :P

People talking about this isn't a problem!

People talking about this isn't a problem!

Not a problem, but turning my off hand coment about the difficulty of "sneaking to the right & reloading at the same time" vs aiming with the Ctrl key, into a "disscusion" about weather or not you can reload & move is SO utterly ridiculous that it deserves my belittlement :)

Archived