Traits that affect crops

AMajesticPotato

This would be two traits, one that makes plants grow faster and one that makes them grow slower/ die more often. "Green Thumb" and "Plant Killer" would be the names, costing -4 and +2, respectively

There is no genetic trait or anything that magically affects plants.. -_-

This would be two traits, one that makes plants grow faster and one that makes them grow slower/ die more often. "Green Thumb" and "Plant Killer" would be the names, costing -4 and +2, respectively

There is no genetic trait or anything that magically affects plants.. -_-

You could argue the traits affect how you handle the plants, which could affect the way plants grow.

World people call it "green Thumb" is a science. Lots study for achive it, lots have a innate talent for it.

So i think AMajesticPotato want suggest the trait "green Thumb". Is not impossibile, is not fantasy, it's real, google it.

World people call it "green Thumb" is a science. Lots study for achive it, lots have a innate talent for it.

So i think AMajesticPotato want suggest the trait "green Thumb". Is not impossibile, is not fantasy, it's real, google it.

Wut

Eh greenthumb is not science, its a phrase given to people good at farming, not. and again NOT a trait, which traits are genetic.

Maybe you could just level up farming and turn that into some skill, because thats the only time greenthumb makes sense.

Traits aren't genetic, My friend.

Deafness is a trait. Crippled is a trait. Autism is a trait. Arrogance is a trait.

Genetic traits (Phenotypic trait, to be specific) are genetic.

In fact, a quick search for a specific definition of "Trait" comes up with "a distinguishing quality or characteristic, typically one belonging to a single person or group of persons".

Sounds a bit like something you'd give to people who are of the group "good at farming", doesn't it?

At least you get points for identifying that having a 'green thumb' is not a science...

(Come on guys, applying a bit of common sense and grammar isn't that hard, is it?)

And what about lucky?

Well, while we could go with a dictionary definition of 'Lucky', I personally think luck is more of a mindset than an external influence. Consistently lucky people tend to be observant, seize opportunities, and be generally open-minded in my experience (as opposed to those one-off lucky people who win the lottery... and then blow it all on drugs and prostitutes)

So I guess lucky could be a trait, as it is a characteristic (or similar set of characteristics) of a person - but at the same time it is very relative: Someone who just found a $20 note wouldn't be considered as lucky to someone who had just found $50, than to someone who hadn't.

But then, if we used the term 'lucky people', we are inferring that all the people specified in that group (assuming we can all imagine 'lucky' people) have some kind of common distinguishing characteristic about them - pretty much the definition of a trait  ;)

Not that luck has anything to do with the growth rate of crops in PZ - not without some kind of random or external influence. (I felt we were getting a bit off topic there)

Bah.

I disagree withhaving a green thumb trait.

Why?

There's an answer to this question, but it can result as an insult for someone so i got my opinion for me. As i said i like this suggestion, it's real and functional and help to have fun those who like nature hobby or farming hobby.

Some people just like plants. A person that actually enjoys tending to plants as opposed to someone who is just doing it for the food would generally be more receptive to the needs of the plants. Pay better attention, care for them better, et cetera. If you enjoy something, you'll tend to be better at it by virtue of it not boring the crap out of you so you pay attention to it better.

So a person with the Green Thumb trait would be someone who just really likes plants, and is better at it by virtue of the fact that farming just falls within their general domain of interest. I don't know why people are opposed to the idea. It makes perfect sense.

Bah.

I disagree withhaving a green thumb trait.

Why?

There's an answer to this question, but it can result as an insult for someone so i got my opinion for me.

Wut.

Some people just like plants. A person that actually enjoys tending to plants as opposed to someone who is just doing it for the food would generally be more receptive to the needs of the plants. Pay better attention, care for them better, et cetera. If you enjoy something, you'll tend to be better at it by virtue of it not boring the crap out of you so you pay attention to it better.

So a person with the Green Thumb trait would be someone who just really likes plants, and is better at it by virtue of the fact that farming just falls within their general domain of interest. I don't know why people are opposed to the idea. It makes perfect sense.

Summed it up well.

I think that a Green Thumb trait should be kept separate from the Farming profession but offer stacking benefits when they're both taken together. That way it'd give us more options in character creation to create a more fully realized avatar. Get a richer role play experience and open us up to a greater diversity of characters.

I think that a Green Thumb trait should be kept separate from the Farming profession but offer stacking benefits when they're both taken together. That way it'd give us more options in character creation to create a more fully realized avatar. Get a richer role play experience and open us up to a greater diversity of characters.

But there isn't a farming profession and what other trait would be appropriate for one? :-|

Devs call it Gardening but it's for farming cos i don't think there's flowers seed to plant and it need only for vegetables now.

Green Thumb can gain experience by waterings the plants or fertilize it and gardening can gain experience from prepare the terrain, plant and harvest...(cure the sickness too).

But there isn't a farming profession and what other trait would be appropriate for one? :-|

Someone with the Farming profession wouldn't be able to make much of a living if he or she knew jack squat about their job, so anyone who picks the Farming profession could start out with something that shows they've been doing this as a job to earn money. Maybe they've already got some of the gardening supplies or they've got some skill books that help them level faster or maybe they just straight up start with a couple skill points already in the Farming skill.

I don't know if anyone would agree to any of those options for a Farming profession but I still think that Green Thumb should be a character trait as opposed to something that comes with a profession. It just makes more sense to me.

Someone with the Farming profession wouldn't be able to make much of a living if he or she knew jack squat about their job, so anyone who picks the Farming profession could start out with something that shows they've been doing this as a job to earn money. Maybe they've already got some of the gardening supplies or they've got some skill books that help them level faster or maybe they just straight up start with a couple skill points already in the Farming skill.

I don't know if anyone would agree to any of those options for a Farming profession but I still think that Green Thumb should be a character trait as opposed to something that comes with a profession. It just makes more sense to me.

Maybe it could work with the hobby suggestion?

I think it's a valid trait. It's like some people learn quicker than others, other people are better with animals and some other people are good with plants & stuff; green fingers.

Yeah, I really don't understand why anyone is arguing against it.