BETA BRANCH RELEASED : 07/12/13

RobertJohnson

I'm having a strange issue that I have yet to see anyone comment on.

It appears that the south west part of the game has an issue, which prevents doors from being accessed and activated to walk through. It prevents entering buildings, and sometimes can trap you if your only exit out of a room is to the southwest, since the door is no impossible to click.

I'm using the Beta on Steam, XP. Any ideas on what this is and if it will be resolved?

Have you tried adjusting your zoom? Sometimes the clickboxes are off center when not standard zoom. This happened to me with gardening and I was having trouble watering them but I just changed my zoom and it was ok

How do I adjust my zoom? When was that added back as a feature? Now I'm going to re-download and install it to double check if that was the issue.

Have you tried adjusting your zoom? Sometimes the clickboxes are off center when not standard zoom. This happened to me with gardening and I was having trouble watering them but I just changed my zoom and it was ok

How do I adjust my zoom? When was that added back as a feature? Now I'm going to re-download and install it to double check if that was the issue.

I can confirm that 1: This didn't solve my issue, and I found a new one

2: Zoom doesn't work. I've changed the keys in the options menu and no joy.

And the issue with doors/windows anything clickable, is still there. Stood next to a "door" I had just went through, watched it fade and turn white like it isn't there (no door just a walk way) preventing me from using it. Which means any door to the southwest side of the screen in my game is unusable.

Zoom does not work if you play the game in compatibility mode.

If you're playing the game "normally", you'd be able to zoom with the mousewheel.

It's been back in for quite some time, now :)

Are berries supposed to go rotten on the bushes? Just wondering if that's an intended feature. I just assumed that they'd be designed to not go bad until picked. They're kinda pointless otherwise, unless they're going to be made to operate on some kind of growth cycle eventually.

Same

Ah 10-4, when I play in normal mode I get a black screen with the UI. I will check again though to make sure.

Confirmed: normal mode results in black screen with UI.

Same

xD

I have noticed I can hit "E" and it will open the door, solving the issue of making them impassable. I know, it took me this long lol.

The problem is still there, and the same issue causes the game line of sight mech to show wierd and I wonder I that has something to do with it.

Are berries supposed to go rotten on the bushes? Just wondering if that's an intended feature. I just assumed that they'd be designed to not go bad until picked. They're kinda pointless otherwise, unless they're going to be made to operate on some kind of growth cycle eventually.

Fixed :)

I've been away from PZ for a while and just downloaded the "iwillbackupmysaves" (or whatever it's called!) private beta. One thing that's got me confused that I'd like a definite answer on is: "Do mods work properly with this version"?

I've tried several mods today with it, including those I've made myself and that worked fine with 2.99.17 (one that changes where you start spawn and one that adds items on starting a new game) and neither work. Yet I can get some mods like NecroForge and Coordinate Viewer to work fine (so I know I'm putting them in the right folder, and they do show up and can be selected to load... they just "do nothing").

I'd just like to know if it's a case of:

A) The mod loader is broken and some types of mods won't load correctly (such as start spawn and item spawn ones).

or

B) The game's code has changed enough in the last few versions that a lot of old mods are now broken and must be re-coded.

Either is fine, but I don't want to be fiddling around for hours for nothing! :)

I've been away from PZ for a while and just downloaded the "iwillbackupmysaves" (or whatever it's called!) private beta. One thing that's got me confused that I'd like a definite answer on is: "Do mods work properly with this version"?

I've tried several mods today with it, including those I've made myself and that worked fine with 2.99.17 (one that changes where you start spawn and one that adds items on starting a new game) and neither work. Yet I can get some mods like NecroForge and Coordinate Viewer to work fine (so I know I'm putting them in the right folder, and they do show up and can be selected to load... they just "do nothing").

I'd just like to know if it's a case of:

A) The mod loader is broken and some types of mods won't load correctly (such as start spawn and item spawn ones).

or

B) The game's code has changed enough in the last few versions that a lot of old mods are now broken and must be re-coded.

Either is fine, but I don't want to be fiddling around for hours for nothing! :)

Generally updates break mods.

Generally updates break mods.

Yeah, that's almost certainly the case with the start spawn mods (confirmed by RJ elsewhere) but I wasn't sure regarding item spawning, since some mods seem to work and others don't. I've got a thread in the modding help forum looking into this, with the great RJ's help!

On a different note, can I just say I'm loving the new items added in these updates since I last played, especially the new foods (pizza, pancakes, burgers, awesome!).

Also, a HUGE thanks to whoever fixed the sandwich item icons AND whoever finally fixed canned soup to open with can openers like all the other tinned foods... both things I've whined annoyingly about every time I posted on a new build in the past! Grilled Cheese never looked so good and my very first mod ("open soup tins fix") is now no longer needed (though the official version's icon for opened soup doesn't match the unopened soup, unlike my mod's version, I noticed... :P )!

Fixed :)

Awesome. You guys rock.

Should we be reporting any bugs with the new beta here, or doing it as normal under bug reporting? I've encountered at least one other thing so far. I think a couple of the issues with alarms that had been previously fixed are back again. I was out looting for a whole day yesterday and I set off an alarm at every house that I visited. I'm living in the far western part of West Point, and I cleared out the high school pretty early, so I've been traveling through it from west to east and vice versa, to get back and forth out of the weather and away from zeds, and I'm pretty sure that I've set off the alarm inside more than once now, so the alarm saving issue may be back. I'd have to do a little more playing with it to be 100% that it wasn't just that I'd set off more than one outside before coming back in.

It's quite possible that I just got unlucky with alarms that day, but it seemed more prevalent again, like it was before the last fix.